Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Enough of this box talk. The $220 is the price of the SHOE. Box or however it comes in, is an added bonus. They tried to make this shoe as close to the original as possible, down to the box. Some of y’all are talking like you get more out of the box than the one thing inside them we’re all here for. Last time I checked we aren’t out here wearing boxes around.
I agree this is the definition of pointless nitpicking. Gucci charges 400- 1k for shoes that come in a super plain piece of cardboard. Shoes in the cheap box are fire though lol

The 72-10 boxes were selling at $30/each on eBay in 2015. I based my estimate on that, obviously Nike has economies of scale here. OG AJ 1s cost them $20/pair to produce (including materials and labor), to this point.
That’s a “re-sell” price though. Just like backboards only cost 160 but go for crazy prices nowadays DS. But I get it.

You’re basing what ppl may be paying on eBay for a box and believing that that’s about what it costs Nike? It’s probably a lot cheaper than that considering they have to buy them in bulk. They had to order/produce 200,000-300,000 more of this OG box than those slide outs seeing how this is Nike’s/JBs largest size production run. Again, this shoe was always going to cost $220.

Yea, I'm going through this now...

Checked my app for delivery updates yesterday afternoon and it said it was out for delivery...

Checked it later around 530PM and it said it was delivered...

Called my parents (where I have packages delivered) and they said nothing got dropped off...

Dropped by around 9PM just to double check... still nothing...

Left and got an notification at 950PM from SNKRS saying that the shoes were delivered 12 HOURS AGO at 950AM...

Got me buggin... I'm hoping it was some system screw up and that they'll be dropped off in a few hours, or I'll have to make some calls smh

This was for Concords and ROTY 1s...

It's so annoying. I never had an issue before. But now they've switched to Fed-Ex (which in general I think is great, but who knows), and they put that huge "steal me" Swoosh on the box??

I'm pretty annoyed right now. I was excited to get an early pair, and with 10% off to boot, and now instead I have to deal with this bs. Not good.

It's so annoying. I never had an issue before. But now they've switched to Fed-Ex (which in general I think is great, but who knows), and they put that huge "steal me" Swoosh on the box??

I'm pretty annoyed right now. I was excited to get an early pair, and with 10% off to boot, and now instead I have to deal with this bs. Not good.
My XXXIIIs came today in a 'Swoosh' box. Shipped from Indiana instead of the usual Memphis location, not sure if that has to do with who is getting "steal me" boxes and others are not.

I too am against that big swoosh on the box. Whether it’s a pair of sneakers or simply a t-shirt—it doesn’t matter, It’s an invitation for someone to risk it all.

Christmas definitely came early this year...

9ED4F408-2C95-4379-8331-DDB6E7A7287A.jpeg
8A847D92-5418-452C-81A2-87F0FEBF8A91.jpeg

Holy ****. I get on an airplane today and this thread goes off the rails on boxes? :rofl:

I’ve got a mint concord box etc from 2011. Didn’t realize I was sitting on the grail of boxes.

Some of the comments about costs are hilarious. You want the savings passed back to you? Fair enough. Your shoes should now cost $218.99 instead of $220.

Not to mention, no one here knows jack about Nike’s production and shipping costs. Maybe those costs went up or down this year. But the price remains the same. You have no idea.

Acting all bent as if we’re just suddenly getting ripped off is comical. I don’t care what box they use, there’s no way each pair costs Nike more than $50, and since we’re all into guessing and making things up today, I’ll guess it’s less than that. And then we’re charged $220? That’s the real ongoing dirty little “secret” to the sneaker biz, not 75 cents worth of packaging.

They didn’t cut costs, people aren’t looking at this the right way, they gave us a superior product. Better leather, more Patent leather, a thicker cut of patent leather. Fixed the entire shape of the upper etc. They spent more cash producing the actual shoe than they did making an inferior product in 2011. Would you guys rather have an inferior product but a more expensive box? Cmon people, I know some of y’all are really young but let’s be smarter and realize how business actually works. It was absolutely a fair trade off to get the most accurate XI that we’ve seen since 2001.

For these to come in the OG box with NA on it is not just a fair trade, that’s a come up.

Someone’s story inbox NT about lowballing inspired me. I put a $205 bid on stockx for the Space Jams. If I win, I win. Since I most likely won’t, Concords it is :rofl:

Just kidding.

Last edited:
I’ve got a mint concord box etc from 2011. Didn’t realize I was sitting on the grail of boxes.

Some of the comments about costs are hilarious. You want the savings passed back to you? Fair enough. Your shoes should now cost $218.99 instead of $220.

How much for the 2011 box?

I do. Let’s have you and atdizzle atdizzle message me for a bidding war. No lowball offers, Dignam.

pm’d you

I ain’t copping X anytime soon but apparently mocha are QS so don’t see it being mass produced like BC or anything else

You think demand will be there for mochas though? There have been so many 3s released this year and historically brown retro cws have not sold that well. Resale might be retail tbh.

pm’d you

You think demand will be there for mochas though? There have been so many 3s released this year and historically brown retro cws have not sold that well. Resale might be retail tbh.
Idk to be honest, hard to tell anyone with how some of these resellers and others act

I hope they go on disco, $150 sounds nice compared to $200 with tax

Back
Top Bottom