Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

muh slaves!!!

No.

Here's what Lincoln actually thought about that

“My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it.”

The South was comprised of Democrats. Lincoln was the beginning of the Republican Party and we wanted nothing to do with it.

Further more, there were more slaves within the Union than outside of it. And prejudice of race was more prevalent in states that abolished it. We rebelled against douchebaggery if you want to get down to brass tacks. lol

Last edited:
While many still debate the ultimate causes of the Civil War, Pulitzer Prize-winning author James McPherson writes that, "The Civil War started because of uncompromising differences between the free and slave states over the power of the national government to prohibit slavery in the territories that had not yet become states. When Abraham Lincoln won election in 1860 as the first Republican president on a platform pledging to keep slavery out of the territories, seven slave states in the deep South seceded and formed a new nation, the Confederate States of America. The incoming Lincoln administration and most of the Northern people refused to recognize the legitimacy of secession. They feared that it would discredit democracy and create a fatal precedent that would eventually fragment the no-longer United States into several small, squabbling countries.

absolutely had nothing to do with taxes...read a book or something.

War was waged on the south, not the other way around. Dont forget that part of it. We wanted to secede but Lincoln would have lost the federal tax from us since we would no longer be part of the union.

While many still debate the ultimate causes of the Civil War, Pulitzer Prize-winning author James McPherson writes that, "The Civil War started because of uncompromising differences between the free and slave states over the power of the national government to prohibit slavery in the territories that had not yet become states. When Abraham Lincoln won election in 1860 as the first Republican president on a platform pledging to keep slavery out of the territories, seven slave states in the deep South seceded and formed a new nation, the Confederate States of America. The incoming Lincoln administration and most of the Northern people refused to recognize the legitimacy of secession. They feared that it would discredit democracy and create a fatal precedent that would eventually fragment the no-longer United States into several small, squabbling countries.

absolutely had nothing to do with taxes...read a book or something.
You read a book, dont get snippy with me.

it had everything to do with taxes

We didnt want to give republicans our money so they could go build their empire we wanted nothing to do with. Plain and simple.

All they wanted to do was tax more and spend more. We refused and Lincoln invaded. Boom. Rebellion.

"Abraham Lincoln was not the Great Emancipator: he was the Great Warmonger and Imperialist, the Great Racist, the Great Taxer-and-Spender, the Great Corruptionist, the Great Incarcerator and the Great Vandal of the Constitution."

The confederate flag represents rebellion against the evil empire. Ring any bells?

So my original point remains. It not a symbol of racism. Cheering it's demise is very sad philosophically. Every one must comply. Pick up the can.

Last edited:
B05104C1-895B-496C-BFEA-3A7D7DC312F5.gif

That’s one of my favorite MJ dunks of all time. He pulled that one out from time to time on in-game breakaways vs various teams. He did it against the Hawks circa 90 or 91 and it was even better than that one against the Heat. But I clearly remember the night he did it to Miami: On SportsCenter they showed it and whoever was calling it—maybe Olberman or Patrick—went, “and then ... we all watch.” The delivery was pretty funny, my buddy and I went around for years dropping that line on and off the court for all manner of situations LOL. Ah the good ol’ days.

Last edited:
No, nevermind youre right. My bad.

All of these dudes went to fight a war that most likely meant certain death so they could keep the slaves they had that they wouldnt be around to use.

Makes perfect sense. We're just that gd petty down here.

That’s one of my favorite MJ dunks of all time. He pulled that one out from time to time on in-game breakaways vs various teams. He did it against the Hawks circa 90 or 91 and it was even better than that one against the Heat. But I clearly remember the night he did it to Miami: On SportsCenter they showed it and whoever was calling it—maybe Olberman or Patrick—went, “and then ... we all watch.” The delivery was prettu funny, my buddy and I went around for years dropping that line on and off the court for all manner of situations LOL. Ah the good ol’ days.
sportscenter was comedy gold in the day, especially when the blonde haired guy and stuart scott showed up

No, nevermind youre right. My bad.

All of these dudes went to fight a war that most likely meant certain death so they could keep the slaves they had that they wouldnt be around to use.

Makes perfect sense. We're just that gd petty down here.

You guys are cracking me up.

sportscenter was comedy gold in the day, especially when the blonde haired guy and stuart scott showed up

Oh yeah, Kilborn and Stu just kept it rolling. I remember one highlight where I think MJ scored near the end of a half, stole the inbounds pass and drilled a three at the buzzer. Scottie came over to him yelling like, “ahhhhh yeah!” and Stu’s call was, “Scottie says PROPS TO YA MIKE!” We said that forever too whenever MJ did something outrageous :lol:

muh slaves!!!

No.

Here's what Lincoln actually thought about that

“My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it.”

The South was comprised of Democrats. Lincoln was the beginning of the Republican Party and we wanted nothing to do with it.

Further more, there were more slaves within the Union than outside of it. And prejudice of race was more prevalent in states that abolished it. We rebelled against douchebaggery if you want to get down to brass tacks. lol

Full quote NOT taken out of context. In August 1862, Lincoln stated: "If I could save the union without freeing any slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that." So his position as President of the United States during a CIVIL WAR was that he would do whatever he had to to preserve the Union (the country). Please present history correctly if youre going to make a point. I would direct you to the Lincoln-Douglas debates if you really want to know Lincolns position on slavery....
"This declared indifference, but, as I must think, covert real zeal for the spread of slavery, I cannot but hate. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world—enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites—causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty—criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."

Furthermore the history of political parties in the United States is complicated and changing, yesterday's Republicans are not today's Republicans and the same goes for Democrats...they practically switched ideologies during the Civil Rights era so be careful associating one of todays parties with men that lived 150 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom