Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Rockin today. Love this shoe so much, my second fav shoe ever right after playoff 11's.
44CF4E54-2362-47D5-9F54-56E95C8CAA10.jpeg
55F329D6-8CBB-426F-9BCD-699FA5E1E246.jpeg

I gotta say from looking at pictures of the older pairs, I think I prefer the shape of the new retros.. The “downward slope” of the top of the shoe looks better to me than the straight line from the ankle-to-toebox on OG and older retros.

My only real complaint on the new retro is the jumpman on the tongue tag is too small.

2011 rendition was the worst to me. Plus it started an era that was really crazy from that rainy night in 2011 to about mid 2015, where everything was selling out and everyone suddenly thought they was a reseller.

Last edited:
I gotta say from looking at pictures of the older pairs, I think I prefer the shape of the new retros.. The “downward slope” of the top of the shoe looks better to me than the straight line from the ankle-to-toebox on OG and older retros.

My only real complaint on the new retro is the jumpman on the tongue tag is too small.
The OGs had the slant as well, it's just that when you see some pics of MJ wearing them in-game, they've been flattened and beaten a bit by the force that's gone through them from playing. But yeah, the 2018 Concords and last year's black/reds are easily the best retros compared to the OGs. If you want to get granular about it, though, the two things that stand out to me as still being "wrong" are the actual proportions of the toe box--the OGs were shorter in terms of how much patent there was, and a BIT more square--and also the tooling of the soles is still off. These modern 11 soles/midsoles seem a bit narrower than the OGs. The rubber pods on the forefoot, especially on the medial side, don't jut out to the side as far as the OGs did.

But the 2011s? Total GARBAGE. I bought two pairs and hated them. Threw them in my closet and didn't even wear them for years. Finally started wearing one around the house five years ago, just because it was all I had to approximate what wearing a real Concord was like. I should've never worn them and just sold them. I did sell my other DS pair on SX for $400 like two months before the 2018s came out. I wish I would've sold both pairs when prices were over $500. As soon as I got the new ones, I threw the pair of 2011s I had only worn in the house into a goodwill box. Never wanted to see them again, even as beaters. I still feel that way :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom