Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

You aren't in the minority. I wanted Concord lows for almost 20 years before they finally released. Black/red lows, too. We saw Mike with them enough times, I was beside myself we couldn't have them, and what I am in the minority in is the fact I love lows in general. Probably part of why the alleged black/red OG IE retro has me so jacked.

Back in 2014/15 when these things dropped, I entered a couple raffles for them but of course got the Ls. Ended up buying both on eBay for probably like $260-ish each, which was mentally even worse than paying resale now, at least to me. Now it's almost a given; five/six years ago, yes and no.

Anyway, as soon as I got them, I was "meh" about them. That shape, that "comfort," that patent cut ... these things were absolute GARBAGE. They didn't even look good, in hand or on foot. I wore the Concords a few times around the house. Same with black/reds, which I also wore two or three times outside. I finally sold both about a year/year-and-a-half ago after getting the recent, solid retros of the mids. What really sent me over the edge was putting them next to my navy snake 11 lows. Even though the navys were/are also a long sight from the original release in terms of shape, cut and even the snake material, they **** all over the Concord and black/red lows in terms of shape and look. And fit and comfort. I got rid of both and have never missed them. But a PROPER retro of them, I'd be all in on.
I might have been lucky with my pairs, but I found the concord lows to be OK. To me they were superior to the 2011 Concord retro (not saying much). I found them comfortable and 2 of my 3 pairs had a solid patent cut, similar to the pair a poster showed on this page. Agree 100 percent about the black and red pair being trash and the snakeskin being the best 11 lows since 2001.

It's funny because I was just talking to q girl about this last night... she said the first 2 things she used to look at were the shoes and teeth because it usually tells how they take care of themselves, and how it's harder to do the second part now with masks. She was actually wearing shadow 1s the day I met her, which is what had me talking to her in the first place. She also has game Royals and bred toes.
I wish my wife cared about shoes. I mean she does but not really. She can appreciate some nice dress shoes or boots or women’s shoes especially heels but not really sneakers for the most part. I can’t wrap my head around it. The only Jordan she really likes is the 1. Which does make sense that’s definitely her style. I don’t care for the 1. It’s ok I don’t hate it like the 2 and 10 but it’s too basic of a design for me.

Let me just address the teeth thing. I get it. But plenty of dudes out there rocking fake teeth. Veneers and implants.

Fake teeth are better than jacked up real teeth but unfortunately for some people that's all the choices they have. Proper dental care is something that is developed from a child and maintained, and unfortunately it can get very expensive. Hope my kid doesn't have to go through the trouble of having braces... that's a lot of money to invest but definitely more important than shoes.

It's funny because I was just talking to q girl about this last night... she said the first 2 things she used to look at were the shoes and teeth because it usually tells how they take care of themselves, and how it's harder to do the second part now with masks. She was actually wearing shadow 1s the day I met her, which is what had me talking to her in the first place. She also has game Royals and bred toes.

a rotation like that is cool. Since 1’s are transcendent on many levels. Nice ice breaker btw.

Fake teeth are better than jacked up real teeth but unfortunately for some people that's all the choices they have. Proper dental care is something that is developed from a child and maintained, and unfortunately it can get very expensive. Hope my kid doesn't have to go through the trouble of having braces... that's a lot of money to invest but definitely more important than shoes.

cracks me up/shaking my damn head when I see folks show off their kicks and their kid’s/children’s teeth is in dire need of braces/dental care etc.

best investment I ever made was braces.

Absolutely.

Funny about the face mask thing, it’s also changed social interaction. You can talk **** under your breath WAY better now. And your woman won’t see your jaw drop when you see another hot chick :lol:

Absolutely.

Funny about the face mask thing, it’s also changed social interaction. You can talk **** under your breath WAY better now. And your woman won’t see your jaw drop when you see another hot chick :lol:

like another NTer said/Suggested.
F10F60D5-AFC6-496D-9BD7-786200610BFA.jpeg

I might have been lucky with my pairs, but I found the concord lows to be OK. To me they were superior to the 2011 Concord retro (not saying much). I found them comfortable and 2 of my 3 pairs had a solid patent cut, similar to the pair a poster showed on this page. Agree 100 percent about the black and red pair being trash and the snakeskin being the best 11 lows since 2001.
Yeah, Concord lows definitely better than black/reds but the shape was still blah. 11s that have banana toe instead of sloped toe really aren’t 11s to me, lows or mids. That’s the main thing that makes the snake lows better.

One thing im gonna have to say about the 2018 concords is that i really like the plush leather on the heel compared to the bred 11s from last year. I feel the bred 11s heel leather is mad stiff.

regret selling my extra pairs

got 1 of each bred and concord in the collection. had 3 of each previously
I got 3 pairs of Cords and 3 pairs of 2019 Breds but I ended up selling two pairs(Breds) to two of my cousins; now I'm left with 1. I also sold my 2012 Breds for more than retail after wearing those bad boys.

Nice! Man, I need to UnDS these. It's the only shoe I've held for this long DS; unDS'd the Playoffs right after I got them for example. It's a mental leap for me given how clean they look DS and how fast they'll get dirty. Any clear outsole does this to me, but these are worse b/c of the white upper. Waiting until we're back in the office probably....so maybe Sept to Dec sometime hopefully....

Need to wear these more often.
20210214_141108.jpg
20210214_140959.jpg
Nice! Man, I need to UnDS these. It's the only shoe I've held for this long DS; unDS'd the Playoffs right after I got them for example. It's a mental leap for me given how clean they look DS and how fast they'll get dirty. Any clear outsole does this to me, but these are worse b/c of the white upper. Waiting until we're back in the office probably....so maybe Sept to Dec sometime hopefully....
Trying to wear mine less because only god knows when we’re getting them again and with the state of the game rn..... boy oh boy
I wear a pair multiple times per week as house shoes; they haven't touched pavement. That's one way to enjoy them but to also keep them pretty pristine. My other three pairs are DS in the dark closet LOL
I know what you mean about how insane Concords looks DS without a spec of dust, let alone dirt, on them. Now I wish I had bought five pairs; I remember sitting in my office one afternoon and SNKRS alert coming through that there was a small restock. Opened it up immediately, selected my size, but instead of hitting buy ... I stopped and thought, man, do I honestly need five pairs of these? Nah, plus these are probably all pairs people returned for QC :rofl:
But hell, in retrospect that was so stupid. I'd have either gotten a pair I was fine with for the stash, or a crap pair I could've returned--or probably sold with no problem. But then again, somehow it's already been 2 years and 2 months since they released, and I haven't even worn a pair outside. (I'm sure I would've worn this first pair outside by now if not for the pandemic.) They'll probably be back in again in five or six years at this point, and even if I start wearing them a lot more, I'll still almost certainly have a DS pair left in reserve.

Back
Top Bottom