Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

im not sure if they use the same material as im not patent leather expert but the thickness seems more consistent with what we've been getting. im not surprised, outrage, or anything like that. i cant understand why these guys are getting so defensive when some of us are just trying to call it like it is.

most of us arent noting the creasing because we are scared to be clowned or care what others think. we just are calling it what it is. nothing more. nothing less.

these theories that we dont know our shoe sizes or that the long toe boxes cause hard creasing or that all patent creases are just covering up the fact that we got thinner patent leather. thicker patent leather does crease eventually but it becomes more wavy than anything at first. these folds wouldnt be that bad if we got the thicker material.
i dont know about that. Id imagine thicker patent would crease into fine lines, thinner patent would get wavy like u said. The patent on these is as thick as its ever been.

If im wrong id love for someone to compare 95s to 16s for us.

i could compare the 2000 to these but you already said they arent even patent. the 2000s are thicker but not much.

Here are a couple of pics from a used but not beat OG pair of black/red XIs. See how the patent is wavy before the hard creasing starts to form? this is what i was talking about. thats all. i dont think the new jams are flexing but just hard creasing instead.

View media item 2267045
View media item 2267042

Hmm, then my original theory stands, the plastic coating on the 2016 is laid on thicker which prevents that wave crumple from happening.

I think id prefer a fine line crease to that anyway lol, those are a mess and clearly waterlogged at some point. Ok maybe not waterlogged.

Last edited:
I have never had a patent 11 bend on me like that photo above. Never had an OG pair tho.. original space jams was my start.

Did anyone get pairs where the carbon fibre is smooth and not textured? 

I've had 4 of these in hand since I doubled on the wrong size and noticed the carbor fiber texture is all over the place 1 was rough like the 01s 1 was in the middle like cool greys and the last was smooth.

Most pairs are supposed to be smooth. Mine are. My brother has a pair where 1 is smooth and 1 shoe is textured.
I've had 4 of these in hand since I doubled on the wrong size and noticed the carbor fiber texture is all over the place 1 was rough like the 01s 1 was in the middle like cool greys and the last was smooth.
Thanks guys. I have 2 pairs, 1 is textured on both and the other pair is completely smooth on one. 

I kinda wanna do some tripped out **** and throw some slyme laces on these lol hit myrtle beach ocean blvd on some triple stacks new yeaRs and wake up in the county jail. Done in here. Peace git money Boyz 2016 I love you all its been fun. I got a train ride for kentucky see you there and merry Christmas from moron mountain

What if JB made these with so many 'flaws' like the quick creasing, high and white PL, smooth and textured carbon fiber on pairs, knowing that 'sneaker connoisseurs' would eat the $220 price and live with em and with each pair not being consistent that consumers wouldn't take a chance on the resell market? Lol. I don't believe it, but just something to see y'all to about.

Like i said, finding a matching pair of these is next to impossible. There are like 5 points of potential mistakes. If they some how got the carbon to match, the mesh at the right angle on both, the toe caps even, the pl height even and the heel stitch straight on both, you better cross your fingers that they sitched the patent on straight and with those curves.

Thats why i feel for those who didnt atleast double up, because 2 pairs still isnt enough to beat those odds

We overanalyze because some of us collect. Of course we dont complain about the shoes that get put on feet. Unless the flaw is obviously bad.

I couldnt care less about the 2nd pair, i have them in right now. Them not being anywhere near perfect makes it easier not to care about what happens. But that shelf pair? No, they better be money or its a bust.

What if JB made these with so many 'flaws' like the quick creasing, high and white PL, smooth and textured carbon fiber on pairs, knowing that 'sneaker connoisseurs' would eat the $220 price and live with em and with each pair not being consistent that consumers wouldn't take a chance on the resell market? Lol. I don't believe it, but just something to see y'all to about.
Wouldn't be surprised at all, I think there's a certain ignorance on Nike's part. Personal theory, QC on all holiday 11s gets tossed by the wayside so they can flood the market with as many pairs as possible knowing people will pay that increased price and most will live with any flaws.

Back
Top Bottom