Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

True. I'm 41 and will be 42 next month on the 10th God bless me living to see that day. 3 more years and I might be out the game.
Funny , I'm 42 and was just sitting here thinking about when I should stop buying Jordan's, and then read your post.

Funny , I'm 42 and was just sitting here thinking about when I should stop buying Jordan's, and then read your post.

Yeah we're old school. I'm sure that some are older than us, but when you hear them youngens talk about Jordans and they're 24, it baffles me because they really have no clue besides what they've read or whatever research they've done. But to really live through it and I'm not talking about 6 or 7 years old, but to really live through it, that's what makes it amazing. Makes you appreciate the shoes more.

Yeah we're old school. I'm sure that some are older than us, but when you hear them youngens talk about Jordans and they're 24, it baffles me because they really have no clue besides what they've read or whatever research they've done. But to really live through it and I'm not talking about 6 or 7 years old, but to really live through it, that's what makes it amazing. Makes you appreciate the shoes more.
absolutely. I remember everything that drove me to want the shoes when I was young , the commercials , the games , standing in my living room watching the shot against Cleveland then acting it out on my court the rest of the day . I was hooked , and still get the same feeling when I open a box of retros from my childhood.

I'm an old head too, I still think leaving the hangtag on is ridiculous. Black and gold shoes with a bright orange square hanging from them. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I bet they wouldn't mind especially if Pop is still buying their sneakers [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Lol that's true, but my oldest is ready to start doing it himself. He's ready to turn 18 this year. Now my youngest is turning 3 Saturday, so he still has awhile.

Retail or bust 4 lyf.... but honestly I'll pay 20 over retail to cover tax and shipping lol

Who here takes the paper out of their shoe boxes? I heard leaving the paper in yellows the shoes faster due to the paper being dry, or it affects the oxidaization process faster.

I have been buying, stocking and collecting shoes for the better part of 15 years now - and a few years ago I started to remove the paper and put it in a ziplock bag - but I haven't been recently, and with the amount of clear soled shoes releasing these days, I'm curious to hear others's opinions. Thanks in advance!

Who here takes the paper out of their shoe boxes? I heard leaving the paper in yellows the shoes faster due to the paper being dry, or it affects the oxidaization process faster.

I have been buying, stocking and collecting shoes for the better part of 15 years now - and a few years ago I started to remove the paper and put it in a ziplock bag - but I haven't been recently, and with the amount of clear soled shoes releasing these days, I'm curious to hear others's opinions. Thanks in advance!
 I use Zip Lock bags and it WORKS! I wear all of my shoes so they get plenty of air too. DS pairs I take out the bags and let them breath for a like week or so. Then place them back in. Zip Locks have saved my older shoes such as varsity red 6s. Again no worries about cracking midsoles because I wear them. I just leave the paper in the boxes. I don't want anything touching my shoes. Also I store in individual zip locks so they don't touch each other either

Last edited:

I took mine out and put it in a ziplock bag............the white paper and the black paper.

Thanks - I'm gonna look for some bigger zip lock bags at the grocery store, just start sealing the shoes. Throw my 11's in one and a few other pairs.

Normally after I wear my shoes with clear soles I'll run them under sink water and scrub them clean - I know people have always said the water oxidizer shoes faster, but I feel like the cleaner the sou I know people have always said the water oxidizer shoes faster, but I feel like the cleaner the sole, the longer they keep.

I guess everyone has their own "method" - I got the CNY 12's also and they have clear pods on the soles, should probably throw them in a bag as well.

Thanks - I'm gonna look for some bigger zip lock bags at the grocery store, just start sealing the shoes. Throw my 11's in one and a few other pairs.

Normally after I wear my shoes with clear soles I'll run them under sink water and scrub them clean - I know people have always said the water oxidizer shoes faster, but I feel like the cleaner the sou I know people have always said the water oxidizer shoes faster, but I feel like the cleaner the sole, the longer they keep.

I guess everyone has their own "method" - I got the CNY 12's also and they have clear pods on the soles, should probably throw them in a bag as well.
You are going to need 2 gallon bags if you are a size 9 and up. This is because of the height of most shoes.

Any of you guys wear them to play basketball in them? how are they

20 year old shoe, cant complain. Sole picks up dirt like a mofo, but gets a little better the more you use them for some reason. Coating maybe?

Comfortable. Can feel the zoom. Heel slips and rubs up against my right foot, but can't complain. Had same problem with all 11's. Gotta lace them tight and double up the socks. Decent shoe, gets the job done, no other shoe looks like it. But yes I'd only complain about traction and fit. Doubing up the socks helps with all problems except for the traction. If you're on a clean court you're good to go though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom