Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

The film came waaay after the concords were released. The concords were released late 1995, not 1996 like film.

From what I remember people just called them the white & black 11's. Calling them Concords didn't become a thing till after they were re-released in 2000. And even at that, I don't remember people universally adapting the concord nickname till like 2002/2003. It really became more universally known as the concord colorway in 2006 to distinguish them from the dmp 11's.

Please feel free to correct me if my brief history lesson is incorrect. This is from my personal recollection.

Last edited:
really can't get you're hands on extra pairs at all

Out of curiosity, back in the day, did anyone call the "concords" the Space Jams? As it was literally 20 years ago, my memory isn't as good, but deep in my memories, I always associated "Space Jams" with the white/black 11s. Maybe I just never knew the right "nickname" back in the 90s.

It wasn't until several years ago when a younger homie asked me if I was going to cop the "concords" and I was like "you mean the space jams?" and he gave me the "Wtf?" look. For reference, I paid no attention to the sneaker scene until a couple years ago, after about a 10 year hiatus.

When I was younger, I don't remember specific colorways having specific nicknames, but I do remember "nicknames" were different depending on what area you were from.  For example, although not Jordans, I remember AF1s would just be called "1s", but some of my homies from the east coast would call them the "uptowns", and I never knew wtf that meant. TBH when I first heard "breds" I had NO idea what that was referring to.

Anyways, I think these '16 Space Jams are the nuts. For someone like me it not only brings back memories, but just looks so dope. I almost want to hoop in them, but even an old guy like me realizes my 20 year old game won't come back just because I wear a 20 year old sneaker
laugh.gif

But man, what a great way to end a great year, at least imo.
The 'Concords' are the shoes that I remember MJ getting stripped by Nick Anderson from the Magic back in the day when he came back from retirement. The 'Space Jams' are are definitely what these remind me of. (Random: I really hope NBC gets to show NBA games again before I die, I miss the NBA on NBC theme music and most of the games were classics too.)

really can't get you're hands on extra pairs at all

The 'Concords' are the shoes that I remember MJ getting stripped by Nick Anderson from the Magic back in the day when he came back from retirement. The 'Space Jams' are are definitely what these remind me of. (Random: I really hope NBC gets to show NBA games again before I die, I miss the NBA on NBC theme music and most of the games were classics too.)

Yes.. The best NBA games were on NBC.. The Sunday Triple headers.. And Finally.. When the Bulls played the Knicks

So the 2016 version with a 23 instead of a 45? Lol. Not much of a difference. Some dudes need to take a breather

No I meant do them like the 09 again and make the patent leather higher n stitch the 23. Some of y'all need to relax

Last edited:
For all my space jam fanatics...rue 21 has a 20th anniversary set up...t shirts..hoodies..long sleeves. Some good prices also.

Any pics? Do they have larger sizes like 2xl & 3xl?

Finishline online has sold out of almost all of the Space Jam merch. Really wish I had bought that hoodie on sale.

To each his own, but I prefer the 09s look more, don't get me wrong these 16 aren't bad but the whole shoe it self looks bigger imo, i can only compare them to my gammas and pantones They look more sleek to me. Which is what I like about them. I might be crazy lol

You aren't crazy...it's called personal preference.

I can't knock personal preference at all.
For me, the 09s were uncomfortable (the ankle collar would dig into my ankle until broken in) and had a terrible mold and patent cut. I have no big beef with pairs like the 2010 cool greys or the concords because they had improvements. The cdp, anniversary, and 09 jam 11s are dead to me. 2012 black/red pair too because they used extremely thin patent which cause for some mean creases that were aren't supposed to get.

The ONLY thing I'd favor the '09s on is the true clear sole as opposed to the blue tinted sole, thats just personal preference though

Back
Top Bottom