AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

That was across the school season and AAU. Basically the same team. Lost the Indiana state AAU championship in our worst game of the year. Hadn’t really played much together in a month and got our asses kicked at Butler Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. But didn’t lose a game 7th, 8th or 9th grade school seasons. Last season half the team was playing JV too but winning 54 straight games is the best thing I ever accomplished in team sports. Greg Oden was 4 years younger I think and played against us in a tournament. Dude was scary looking dunking in warmups but gangly and not very good at 11 or whatever it was. 5th grade maybe going into 6th?

Wore the cherrys near the end of the school season and for all of the AAU season. Then both pairs became beaters until the toe box fell apart.

6E85FCA7-CE55-4945-8488-A7894AE4C1B9.jpeg

Got a pair that’s deadstock. Okay to wear or taking a big risk and should just sell them?

Sell em and let em fall apart on somebody's else...
Those don't really fall apart from age. If anything, the sole will separate cleanly off, but 10 year old 12's aren't going to crumble on you. A re-glue down the road at worst.
Yeah, 12s don't crumble at all. They are easy to fix as well if anything does seperate. At least in my experience. 10 year old 12s should be fine.

I have several OG 12s in my rotation that really aren't that hard to maintain at all.

Sell em and let em fall apart on somebody's else...

Those don't really fall apart from age. If anything, the sole will separate cleanly off, but 10 year old 12's aren't going to crumble on you. A re-glue down the road at worst.

Yeah, 12s don't crumble at all. They are easy to fix as well if anything does seperate. At least in my experience. 10 year old 12s should be fine.

I have several OG 12s in my rotation that really aren't that hard to maintain at all.

Based on the materials of the XII, It's doubtful they'll fall apart because none of the segments of the shoes have any sort of soft-type materials on them.

Sole separation will most likely be the deteriorating effect with an old pair of the XII. And the other deteriorating effect will be the small plastic tabs on the sides cracking.

I can attest to those effects because they happened with the 2004 White/Sky Blue pair I had. I just discarded them because they weren't worth restoring for me with the tabs cracking and turning yellow.

Based on the materials of the XII, It's doubtful they'll fall apart because none of the segments of the shoes have any sort of soft-type materials on them.

Sole separation will most likely be the deteriorating effect with an old pair of the XII. And the other deteriorating effect will be the small plastic tabs on the sides cracking.

I can attest to those effects because they happened with the 2004 White/Sky Blue pair I had. I just discarded them because they weren't worth restoring for me with the tabs cracking and turning yellow.

Yeah the tabs crack but honestly I've never cared all that much about that. They are replaceable as well.

It's really just reglues. I wouldn't bother with any old shoes if that's not one's cup of tea. As far as older shoes to maintain though, these are right at the top. As far as ease goes.

When the sole separates from the upper, I consider that falling apart. Happened to a pair of Concords and stopped stocking sneakers since.

Yeah the tabs crack but honestly I've never cared all that much about that. They are replaceable as well.

It's really just reglues. I wouldn't bother with any old shoes if that's not one's cup of tea. As far as older shoes to maintain though, these are right at the top. As far as ease goes.

How are the tabs replaceable? It's not like they sell them individually as replacement pieces.

When the sole separates from the upper, I consider that falling apart. Happened to a pair of Concords and stopped stocking sneakers since.

Correct, it is a form of falling apart. But not in a disintegrating manner like if a soft material is used where it can't be repaired or restored. Sole separation is somewhat easy to restore because all it takes is patience and a legitimately strong type of adhesive.

I agree it's not worth it to stock shoes because of the natural deterioration effect. Just get shoes you're sure you're going to wear. Even if you wear them sporadically, it still keeps them intact as opposed to them not being worn at all for several years after acquisition. That's why I don't believe in stocking multiple pairs of a particular shoe. I'm good with one that I know I'll wear on a limited basis.

Back
Top Bottom