AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since I'm bored and things are slow right now I'll bring this topic up.  We're debating this in my office.  Probably only relevant to those in the game for a while.

One of my homeboys, known him since '01...Jordan collection is disgusting sick.  Mine is ok, but he's owned hot fire since we were in college and they are all crispy.
Becasue JB is releasing so many classic retros the past 3 years (SpaceJams, CG XIs, Concords, Playoffs, Back Cements) I've been able to catch up with him...It's almost like there is no such thing as a grail nowadays...Now it's just "yeah we all have the same shoes...but what year edition are yours?"...

Thoughts?  If it werent for the retro releases, JB wouldnt be turning a profit I figure.  I stopped at XXIII.

Originally Posted by glove72

So since I'm bored and things are slow right now I'll bring this topic up.  We're debating this in my office.  Probably only relevant to those in the game for a while.

One of my homeboys, known him since '01...Jordan collection is disgusting sick.  Mine is ok, but he's owned hot fire since we were in college and they are all crispy.
Becasue JB is releasing so many classic retros the past 3 years (SpaceJams, CG XIs, Concords, Playoffs, Back Cements) I've been able to catch up with him...It's almost like there is no such thing as a grail nowadays...Now it's just "yeah we all have the same shoes...but what year edition are yours?"...

Thoughts?  If it werent for the retro releases, JB wouldnt be turning a profit I figure.  I stopped at XXIII.

My thought is this is an intresting topic. Perhaps make a thread and see what nters think. Imo ogs are grails especially with the nike air stamp on the back.

I respectfully disagree with the "It's almost like there is no such thing as a grail nowadays" because grails is what YOU make them to be. Some of my grails in my collection that were retroed/re-retroed would be 2003 White Cement 3's, OG Playoff 13's, 2000 Concords, and others and I still got the recent retros of those shoes. I understand where you are coming from and it looks that Air Jordan's are not exclusive anymore (only the older retros) and ALMOST EVERYONE has them now. For me personally, it does not bother me if JB keeps re-retroing every shoe because it is coming to a point that I will stop buying them because I own previous retros. 
I agree with everything else you said. It has become to what year is your shoes (OG, retro, re-retro, etc...)

I also stopped at XXIII.

Edit: Like Midnight said all my grails have NIKE AIR on it.

Originally Posted by Ice Shattered
roll.gif

I just cancelled a size 9 us on END, maybe its up. I woke up pretty late, so they were probably up for a couple hours already. Go Find Out!!

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

My thought is this is an intresting topic. Perhaps make a thread and see what nters think. Imo ogs are grails especially with the nike air stamp on the back.

Then Nike will bring the Nike air back. The sneakers game is funny its the only place where ppl collect something that isn't rare. You would thing the rarest item would be worth more nowadays its the newest released its crazy ppl pay 300 for playoffs 12s and ignore the ogs or 04s that are going for 250 smh.

Originally Posted by scoop99

I respectfully disagree with the "It's almost like there is no such thing as a grail nowadays" because grails is what YOU make them to be. Some of my grails in my collection that were retroed/re-retroed would be 2003 White Cement 3's, OG Playoff 13's, 2000 Concords, and others and I still got the recent retros of those shoes. I understand where you are coming from and it looks that Air Jordan's are not exclusive anymore (only the older retros) and ALMOST EVERYONE has them now. For me personally, it does not bother me if JB keeps re-retroing every shoe because it is coming to a point that I will stop buying them because I own previous retros. 
I agree with everything else you said. It has become to what year is your shoes (OG, retro, re-retro, etc...)

I also stopped at XXIII.

Word...but when I say grail, I mean shoe out there I've always wanted but never owned...it sounds like you already own your "most wanted".  Other than OGs, there is nothing that separates a good collection with a GREAT collection.
Space Jams used to be that shoe for me...then I got them.  I previously owned the playoffs but hooped in them and destroyed them in outdoor tournaments back in the day...so this pickup was just for nostalgia.

The exclusivity is GONE. thats what it is. It's both good and bad.. Good for shoes like the 4s where the 99s and ogs arent wearable. Bad for shoes that come out every 4 years like the metallic 5s and olympic 7s.

Originally Posted by caleb4god

Originally Posted by lockdown36

YES! Just called NDC and they had a 9.5 left!!!

awesome. now u should help out an nter with one of those u have for sale in ur sig for like twice retail... im guessin thats not happenin tho right?
roll.gif

Couldn't get them online and Euro sites cancelled, just missed the morning mall release by minutes. but was able to Cop freshies on Ebay had to pay that tax but they will be here this week.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by balkiny03

Then Nike will bring the Nike air back. The sneakers game is funny its the only place where ppl collect something that isn't rare. You would thing the rarest item would be worth more nowadays its the newest released its crazy ppl pay 300 for playoffs 12s and ignore the ogs or 04s that are going for 250 smh.
case in point, those galaxy foams in your avy... sneakers are in a weird place though, because most people that collect them like to wear them. Getting some OG releases is great, but at a certain point they stop being wearable, or they've been beat to the ground by their original owners.  I'm only really considering trying to cop one of the (hopefully) upcoming restocks because I don't feel like reattaching the soles on my 04s that I've beat up. 

And it's true, JB probably wouldn't be nearly as profitable without the retro releases.  Don't underestimate how profitable non-collectors buying up random JB products just because of the jumpman for JB.

I've been saying the same thing for the past few years. Nike/JB knows. Honestly, how many of us are in the "almost got every shoe I want" club and are waiting for those last few releases to "get out of the game"? [tbh I'm just as guily as anyone: Oly 6s/7s, BC 4s, Fire red/Grapes Vs...and I'm done!] Then before we know it:

-return of Nike Air

-retro of 16s and up

-back to the quality we knew they could produce all along

Just watch.

Originally Posted by just blaze

Originally Posted by ColdCity

dont you hate when family hits you up the monday after the release trying to get a new release for retail
laugh.gif
& the reactions when you tell them the current resale prices are always
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
& im always
roll.gif
because i always give family heads up & they always ALWAYS sleep
laugh.gif

haha, some of my boys who are out of the game will every so often want to do a random pick up of classics do the same.  They have no idea how it is tryna copp these days.
QFT!! My boys are the same way 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Janitor

I've been saying the same thing for the past few years. Nike/JB knows. Honestly, how many of us are in the "almost got every shoe I want" club and are waiting for those last few releases to "get out of the game"? [tbh I'm just as guily as anyone: Oly 6s/7s, BC 4s, Fire red/Grapes Vs...and I'm done!] Then before we know it:

-return of Nike Air

-retro of 16s and up

Just watch.
I know this almost blasphemous in this forum but I had extra Concords XIs and a guy sent me some Lebron 9 Miami Nights + cash...wasnt a huge fan of the shoes but i replaced the bright %@* laces with black and used as my gym shoe..

Comfort and performance is PHENOMENAL...everything these JB releases should be.  

balkiny03 wrote:

-return of Nike Air

-retro of 16s and up

Just watch.

BRED 4
COLUMBIA 11
OLIVE 9, COOL GREY 9
BRED 12

ALL THESE SHOULD RETIRE ME FROM JORDANS. TOO BAD MY LEBRON APPETITE IS PICKING UP
tired.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

balkiny03 wrote:

-return of Nike Air

-retro of 16s and up

Just watch.

BRED 4
COLUMBIA 11
OLIVE 9, COOL GREY 9
BRED 12

ALL THESE SHOULD RETIRE ME FROM JORDANS. TOO BAD MY LEBRON APPETITE IS PICKING UP
tired.gif

SIG CHECK...

AND YES I TOO AM DONE AFTER THIS YEAR BUT LEBRON MAAAAAY HAVE ME ACTIN LIKE BRETT FAVRE...

Originally Posted by scoop99

I also stopped at XXIII.

Word...but when I say grail, I mean shoe out there I've always wanted but never owned...it sounds like you already own your "most wanted".  Other than OGs, there is nothing that separates a good collection with a GREAT collection.
Space Jams used to be that shoe for me...then I got them.  I previously owned the playoffs but hooped in them and destroyed them in outdoor tournaments back in the day...so this pickup was just for nostalgia.
I agree with you 100%. I still buy for nostalgia especially for this release of the playoff 12's. I did not own the 2004's because I got my brand new car the same day which was Valentine's Day (2004 Nissan Altima) but my brother had them on release day and he destroyed them from playing ball. But about a year ago, I got a DS pair from Ebay for $250 shipped which was decent. I wore them a few times already. The thing is that was the last OG colorway that I owned in my Air Jordan 12 collection.
Still waiting for the Sport Blue 6 to finally retro.

^ My feeling on that is so what? If you like a shoe that you missed and got a newer edition, you should be happy you got the shoe you wanted. What's with this elitist attitude with shoes? This is where it stops being something you love and it becomes another stupid competition. '01 TB 3's vs. '09 TB 3's vs '10 TB 3's. If you really love a shoe, does it matter what year? In some cases people have all different editions of the shoe. As for me, shoes are getting a bit much. It's a fad and it's sickening to read about all of this junk. Smh..

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by youngcurse

I tried my pair on this morning and all I can say is that these are super light on the feet. 

Comfort on these is NONEXISTANT. Jordans these days are the equivalent of heels for men. More reason for me being more into air maxes and lebrons these days.
Say it aint so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom