Status
Not open for further replies.
they run too big . . .
the quality is bad . . .
this guy is a hypebeast . . .

+!#@!!!

this is wut it's about:

anybody got beef, hit with a pm!

Ya'll sound dumb as hell...who the hell made it a rule to wear "heat" to go buy shoes?

Everytime I go "camp" I wear comfy shoes...Vans, Frees, AM, etc...

Some of ya'll speak some dumbness.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Ya'll sound dumb as hell...who the hell made it a rule to wear "heat" to go buy shoes?

Everytime I go "camp" I wear comfy shoes...Vans, Frees, AM, etc...

Some of ya'll speak some dumbness.

Thank you 
I wear the same polo sweat suit and either kobe 6 or my vans and chill

Majority of the people there are dressed like they are going to a sneaker con or someones party

Originally Posted by casper90403

Originally Posted by trappedintime

forget about what he listed them as. it could have been intentional, hoping to draw in someone looking for flu games but stumbling into the playoffs. Thats extremely common.

what's funny is the listing is at $255 with 12 hours to go. Should go for over $280. Thats unreal.

Tired of people complaining about quality (que the you're a hypebeast and will settle for less quality, yada yada yada). Damn shoe snobs. I absolutely love my pair. still built like tanks. Why even compare them to OG's. Thats dumb. 

On the look out for pair #2. These fit pretty true for me. Wore my playoff XIII's all day today, and these felt the same. I do have wide feet though.

Not being snobby, but the silhouette of the OG and 04 even just torch the new look. I can get past cheaper leather and even the plastic eyelets, but when the entire silhouette changes, and you don't grab them on release day, it's a no brainer. I'll take the cheaper, better quality, better looking release. Not the banana, long and tall expensive version with cheap materials. Im not saying you're wrong for purchasing, but in the secondary market the 2012 is a very poor value.

there lies the problem, as i mentioned. You're still comparing it to the OG and '04. Continue to do that and you'll rarely cop a retro.

I would have copped these, but given what a mess it was, how my local spot that has always delivered for me sold out 2 hours before opening, and because the demand by kids who were ther reselling on the spot was so high I didn't. So why wouldn't I compare this to the OG and 04? It's the shoe that I want, and the OG silhouette is what made the shoe, not this look. For the same shoe but better quality and proper design as it was meant to release, you can do better price wise with the OG and 04. Why would anyone pay more for this shoe? It's not as if the 97 XII will fall apart on you now. This isn't a foam midsole shoe, there's no incentive to pay as much or more for an inferior product in the secondary market. That's all I'm saying. For those who buy other shoes in the here and now, they are valuing other releases over this knowing they can do the same in the secondary market at higher quality. It's a fair point to be made.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

So Much Sole 23 wrote:

Nice heats. I wore my CG IV's to go get these Playoffs. It's crazy how all these people waiting in line talk about they got this and that but when they show up, none of them are wearing anything eye catching. I think most of em are BS but then again they might have em. I was expecting to see people showoff their kicks. Guess not.

^ I was thinking the same thing.
No real heat other than the most recent retro releases (white/red 14's, Concords, Stealth 10's).

I wore my BHM 3's.

pimp.gif

Interesting. Where I live, it's the opposite. People show off with some of the nicest stuff they got. Last couple releases i saw net yeezys, 01 black cement 3s, 99 white cement 4s, cool grey 4s, raging bull 5s, bred 13s, tons of space jams and bred 11s, the list goes on. Of course you got your 25 cats rocking black cement 3s
laugh.gif
. I usually pull out some older retros or ogs for releases.

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

Woke Up This Morning With ZERO Intentions Of Picking Up This Release...... Decided It Best To Go Have A Look In Person At The Quality So As I Wasn't Regretful Down The Line For Passing On 'Em.... Having Had An OG PAir Back In '97 I Was A Bit Skeptical About How These Were Going To Turn Out, But Something Kept Me In Line For The Hour And A Half Until It Was Time To Hand Out Tickets..... When The Champs Employee Got To Me, They Had Already Run Out Of My Size 10 (Turns Out They Only Release ONE Size 10 To The Public
30t6p3b.gif
), So I Ended Up Settling On A Size 12 With Hopes Of Trading For My True Size....... Sure Enough, The Big Homie Proballer From Here On NT Ended Up Getting Stuck With A Size 10 Up In Wyoming And Was In Need Of This 12 I Was Stuck With
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

All In All, Not A Bad Release IMO, Although These New Jordan Brand Box's Are About As CHEAP As It Gets
indifferent.gif

*Decided To Pull The Ol' "Flints" Out Of Hibernation To Go And Peep Out These Playoff's

Nice heats. I wore my CG IV's to go get these Playoffs. It's crazy how all these people waiting in line talk about they got this and that but when they show up, none of them are wearing anything eye catching. I think most of em are BS but then again they might have em. I was expecting to see people showoff their kicks. Guess not.

^ I was thinking the same thing.
No real heat other than the most recent retro releases (white/red 14's, Concords, Stealth 10's).

I wore my BHM 3's.

pimp.gif

you 3, straight stuntin to cop some shoes to look like you belong. Making sure on the males look your ways and admire. Way to go guys (insert two thumbs up picture).

AirJaiden wrote:

I'm telling you bro. Every one was in $40 Vans trying to buy J's. I'm not hating on Vans or anything but I guess I was just expecting more. Oh well.

Damn so I guess since I wore my vans to be comfortable in I shouldn't be in line to by a pair huh???
Im guessing you wanted a fashion show with everyone walking up and down the sidewalk "strutting their stuff" 
grin.gif

What I need to get fly for if there's nothing but a bunch of males

Not being snobby, but the silhouette of the OG and 04 even just torch the new look. I can get past cheaper leather and even the plastic eyelets, but when the entire silhouette changes, and you don't grab them on release day, it's a no brainer. I'll take the cheaper, better quality, better looking release. Not the banana, long and tall expensive version with cheap materials. Im not saying you're wrong for purchasing, but in the secondary market the 2012 is a very poor value.

there lies the problem, as i mentioned. You're still comparing it to the OG and '04. Continue to do that and you'll rarely cop a retro.

I would have copped these, but given what a mess it was, how my local spot that has always delivered for me sold out 2 hours before opening, and because the demand by kids who were ther reselling on the spot was so high I didn't. So why wouldn't I compare this to the OG and 04? It's the shoe that I want, and the OG silhouette is what made the shoe, not this look. For the same shoe but better quality and proper design as it was meant to release, you can do better price wise with the OG and 04. Why would anyone pay more for this shoe? It's not as if the 97 XII will fall apart on you now. This isn't a foam midsole shoe, there's no incentive to pay as much or more for an inferior product in the secondary market. That's all I'm saying. For those who buy other shoes in the here and now, they are valuing other releases over this knowing they can do the same in the secondary market at higher quality. It's a fair point to be made.

i do agree with your statement, referring to those paying reseller type of prices. I wouldnt pay the $250+ I'm seeing on ebay.

But in my opinion, you're over thinking it, as do many, thats all. You're just way more conscientous than I am. I look at the shoe, pick it up, inspect it a bit, and cop if i dig them. I'm not thinking about the OG or '04's that came out when I'm looking at it.

and your point is totally fair and understood. 

LOL boys pullin out heat to stand in line, outside of a store to buy some XII's; that is fine, you wear what you want but in the rain i will never do that.

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

Woke Up This Morning With ZERO Intentions Of Picking Up This Release...... Decided It Best To Go Have A Look In Person At The Quality So As I Wasn't Regretful Down The Line For Passing On 'Em.... Having Had An OG PAir Back In '97 I Was A Bit Skeptical About How These Were Going To Turn Out, But Something Kept Me In Line For The Hour And A Half Until It Was Time To Hand Out Tickets..... When The Champs Employee Got To Me, They Had Already Run Out Of My Size 10 (Turns Out They Only Release ONE Size 10 To The Public
30t6p3b.gif
), So I Ended Up Settling On A Size 12 With Hopes Of Trading For My True Size....... Sure Enough, The Big Homie Proballer From Here On NT Ended Up Getting Stuck With A Size 10 Up In Wyoming And Was In Need Of This 12 I Was Stuck With
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

All In All, Not A Bad Release IMO, Although These New Jordan Brand Box's Are About As CHEAP As It Gets
indifferent.gif

*Decided To Pull The Ol' "Flints" Out Of Hibernation To Go And Peep Out These Playoff's

YOU DOING IT WRONG.

I NEVER EVER WEAR HEAT TO GO COP KICKS. THOSE DUDES ALWAYS SEEM OD THIRSTY FOR ATTENTION.

ALL THE OTHER DUDES I KNOW WITH THOSE SOLAR FLARE COLLECTIONS DON'T EITHER.

MOSTLY JUST THE YOUNGER GUYS WHO DO IT.

I DON'T HAVE ANY THING TO PROVE OR LONG TO HAVE OTHERS OOOHHHING AND AHHHING ABOUT WHAT I'M WEARING.

Usually a bunch of people in line start talking about their sneakers.

Just a topic of discussion really.

I don't see no harm in it.

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

I'm telling you bro. Every one was in $40 Vans trying to buy J's. I'm not hating on Vans or anything but I guess I was just expecting more. Oh well.

Damn so I guess since I wore my vans to be comfortable in I shouldn't be in line to by a pair huh???
Im guessing you wanted a fashion show with everyone walking up and down the sidewalk "strutting their stuff" 
grin.gif

What I need to get fly for if there's nothing but a bunch of males

how dare you for copping while wearing vans. Return the shoes now.

i think most dudes who wear serious heat to releases dont have much heat in the first place. I contemplated wearing my Quai V's since it was a beautiful day but said I'd call me a tool if I saw myself standing in line. Left the home with my Roshe Run's instead.

I hate when lines end up being a fashion show. The people in line are 95% males and 5% underrage females. Who are you trying to impress. The main objective is to buy shoes and you should focus on that. At the Cement IV line, this dude and his girl were taking turns every 15 mins or so going to the bathroom to change shoes. Like, the dude would get up and his girl would watch his spot and vice versa. They whipped out '99 Cements, 01 Black Cements, etc. Don't get me wrong, they had heat, but they also looked extremely stupid changing shoes every 15 minutes.

Honestly, 
I dont see the harm either.  Why you gotta hate.  If dudes want to wear their shoes while waiting in line, let them be.

Son, you talking about wearing BHM 3's...you think THOSE are heat?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I hate when lines end up being a fashion show. The people in line are 95% males and 5% underrage females. Who are you trying to impress. The main objective is to buy shoes and you should focus on that. At the Cement IV line, this dude and his girl were taking turns every 15 mins or so going to the bathroom to change shoes. Like, the dude would get up and his girl would watch his spot and vice versa. They whipped out '99 Cements, 01 Black Cements, etc. Don't get me wrong, they had heat, but they also looked extremely stupid changing shoes every 15 minutes.

YOU LIE.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif
roll.gif

does it bug you guys when dudes wear the actualy shoe to cop the same shoe? That always irritates the hell out of me. I'd rather be barefoot with toe nails that havent been cut in 3 weeks.

Pet peeve of mine.

So glad I passed on these with everyone saying how awful the quality is. I passed b/c there is just too much heat coming up and these will be just like the WC 4's where if I want one later on, the prices will fall to prob around 2-225. Anyone who wasn't able to cop I would recommend just waiting it out b/c prices WILL fall, it seems like there was a good amount of these made and most people bought just to flip.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

you can't be serious. This did not happen in real life!

Nike Town Santa Monica: There was maybe 5-6 people picking up their RSVP the same time as me. They made us check-in by signing our name to our Twitter handle/ID after checking our IDs and they called it in through their walkie-talkie. They even let one guy who goofed up his ID number in the DM by one digit to get his pair. Another employee walked down the stairs with our pairs and checked out with ease.

Nike Town Los Angeles: I was the only one at the time getting my pair. Went upstairs to give my ID to an employee and she brought out my pair. Scoped it out before I went down to pay and walked out happily.

It was interesting to see how each store had a different process. Not only was it easy and stress-free to get my pairs, but I'm sure it took a load off the employees on handling new releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom