Air Jordan 12 Retro Rising Sun White/Black-Varsity Red

Originally Posted by brokeassChrisk

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Well the original inspiration behind the XII was the rising sun logo, hence the sunburst lines on the shoe. This is like a tribute to that inspiration. Pretty dope idea and NICE insole if you ask me...
are you aware that the rising sun is the war flag of japanese troops that attacked Perl Harbor in WWII?
not so dope idea
like i said earlier, JB is inspired by an asian nazi flag
eyes.gif
Wow.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by AsianImage

Well the original inspiration behind the XII was the rising sun logo, hence the sunburst lines on the shoe. This is like a tribute to that inspiration. Pretty dope idea and NICE insole if you ask me...
are you aware that the rising sun is the war flag of japanese troops that attacked Perl Harbor in WWII?
not so dope idea
eyes.gif
WOW...just WOW.
Talk about mis information. The Rising Sun flag is NOT a "Japanese Nazi" symbol. It is their county's national flag. Exactly the same thing as our stars and stripes. It is like other countries calling our flag a "nazi" flag. It was and is NOT a "WAR FLAG" as you are calling it. It is just the flag of the country of Japan....nothing more nothing less, it was not used specifically for war, it is still their current flag, check the olympics if you dont beleive me. Crazy talk....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_Flag

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Japan

So... are you saying that rising sun they are using now is "A well-known variant of the sun disc design is the sun disc with 16 red rays, which was alsohistorically used by Japan's military, particularly the Imperial JapaneseNavy" which happened to be the one used by the japanese army in wwii?

with your logic, nazi flag is just a flag of a political party that just happened to be used by german troops in wwii
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Germany

The new pics make them look better...... but definitely wouldnt want to pay full price. Probably gonna be strickly a ballin shoe for me.

not down with all white cw's (for the most part). these are far too plain and are going to get extremely dirty

not so dope idea
eyes.gif
WOW...just WOW.
Talk about mis information. The Rising Sun flag is NOT a "Japanese Nazi" symbol. It is their county's national flag. Exactly the same thing as our stars and stripes. It is like other countries calling our flag a "nazi" flag. It was and is NOT a "WAR FLAG" as you are calling it. It is just the flag of the country of Japan....nothing more nothing less, it was not used specifically for war, it is still their current flag, check the olympics if you dont beleive me. Crazy talk....

I wonder what my avi makes me? Not that I care..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ no one realized the sig on those pics the infamous AIR RANDY trying to make his return........

How boring... they took the coolest asthetic feature of the 12 - the different colored "wedge" upper pieces on the lateral and medial sides - andwhited them out.

But then I've never seen the appeal of white/white and black/black shoes, especially when its a model designed for asthetic recognition...

Needless to say, I have ZERO interest in these...

not so dope idea
eyes.gif
WOW...just WOW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_Flag

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Japan

So... are you saying that rising sun they are using now is "A well-known variant of the sun disc design is the sun disc with 16 red rays, which was also historically used by Japan's military, particularly the Imperial Japanese Navy" which happened to be the one used by the japanese army in wwii?

with your logic, nazi flag is just a flag of a political party that just happened to be used by german troops in wwii
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Germany
Comparing the Japanese army to the Nazis of Germany is minimum at best. The rising sun flag is admittedly a "variation" of thecountry's flag. the Nazi's SYMBOL..the Swastika was used specifically and ONLY for their army. The German national flag looks nothing like it. Hitler, basically STOLE the swastika and made it a symbol of evil. The swastika is an ancient buddhist symbol that has nothing to do with killing jewishpeople but Hitler adopted it. I do not agree that the Japanese miltary's rising sun flag is the same as the Nazi swastika.

i want to like them... but i can't.

Those just look average to me. The only way i'd cop is if i find them under 100

not to much of a fan of these 12's but keeping in mind of the fact that it has a lot white.. its hard to actually find some good white jordans thesedays...
my top white jordans are maybe the 3's pure money and the 1's

Back
Top Bottom