Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

is interest low or does nike make more of certain shoes? baffles me I have to get tickets for red 14s but these classics are made enough that I can walk in.

Last edited:
is interest low or does nike make more of certain shoes? baffles me I have to get tickets for red 14s but these classics are made enough that I can walk in.
We'll for one thing the reds were only available in mens sizes vs. these that were available in mens, grade school, toddler, and infant sizes.

Last edited:
Good thing I hesitated to buy these after seeing the GS pairs looking more OG than the mens. Another win for GS. Terrible.

Well for me i dont really mind the midsole change cuz honestly i always thought the shade on the midsole was an accident :lol:

You know they couldnt really find the right white in that type of material?

But yea either way is fine with me although the pearl would make um look more like the og

I don't think so. I could be wrong tho. We had a discussion the other day in this thread about what nike retailer did no tax and no shipping without any kind of coupon or discount and nobody could name one. I've never bought anything from DTLR tho.
You're right.  I just tried to check out there and tax was only $6.80 with free shipping.  Also I don't think ***** Sporting Goods have the 14's but they had the Sports Blue 3's for no tax and free shipping I believe.

You're right.  I just tried to check out there and tax was only $6.80 with free shipping.  Also I don't think ***** Sporting Goods have the 14's but they had the Sports Blue 3's for no tax and free shipping I believe.
Join the eastbay silver club

Tax is based on where you live and whether the retailer you're buying from has some sort of presence in that state. For example, Eastbay is flat MSRP for me (with silver club membership), but they have a presence in some northern states, so people who live there are charged tax.

Yea, that's why I usually go the EB way instead of FTL cause they don't charge me tax but FTL does. Always miss out on my FTL reward points that way though... :\

For some reason I just don't feel bad about missing on these...

I still love the model and color way though..

wait, the tongue is padded all the way up to "bar" part of the tongue? no way

Naw, it's padded up to the part where the tongue changes. And since the tongue is longer, it extends all the way up the top of your foot. It wasn't like that on the OG's.

Passed EVERY pair I saw in my size was messed up in some way so definitely wasn't going to chance it online. Sad because I was actually looking forward to grabbing a pair or two
ohwell.gif

i didnt need these cause my OGs are still in fair condition..

but what ashame to see the GS pairs are more true to OG with the pearl lol

Easy cop. Didn't have to use the raffle ticket. Confused on why dude wouldn't let me use the $15 off coupon when I used one for the Sport Blue.

those who have these in hand and have tried them on....are they TTS??

about to pull the trigger on my usual size

Walked right into my finishline and picked up a pair. No one there lol. Went down half a size. I wasn't too excited about the quality but they only had one pair in my size so had none to choose from. I've been wanting these for a grip so will look past the quality. Minor glue marks, the weird looking jumpman claw and the lump of glue inside the midsole vent were all that was wrong with mine. Overall I'm happy...plus got to use my fnl rewards!
Btw what is everyone talking about regarding the pearl midsole? Can someone explain with pics?

View media item 1188388View media item 1188394View media item 1188401View media item 1188403View media item 1188404

Walked right into my finishline and picked up a pair. No one there lol. Went down half a size. I wasn't too excited about the quality but they only had one pair in my size so had none to choose from. I've been wanting these for a grip so will look past the quality. Minor glue marks, the weird looking jumpman claw and the lump of glue inside the midsole vent were all that was wrong with mine. Overall I'm happy...plus got to use my fnl rewards!
Btw what is everyone talking about regarding the pearl midsole? Can someone explain with pics?

OG's had like a metallic pearl paint finish over the teeth and the back portion.

Over time it gets sticky, discolored and peels.

IMO they look hot regardless. My favorite XIV's.

Back
Top Bottom