Air Jordan 14 White/Red 2012 Retro

Man i still have mine nds cant wait for these to drop

1trnyv.jpg

I have a pair of White/Dark Cinder-Chutney XIV from 06 and I love this bad boys. Even if they aren't a loved OG colorway, the quality is great. Can't wait for the last shot & this white/red XIV to drop. My wallet is already hating me with all the heat that has dropped and the heat that is yet to come this holiday.

Originally Posted by Florentine

I didn't say you were attacking me, I just think it's ridiculous that thread after thread people are busting their balls for a retro every 6 years like it just happened yesterday. That's the cycle. It always has been. 94 -> 2000 -> 2006 -> 2012. There's deviation given the model and colorway, some a little less, some a little more. Anyone with knowledge of Jordans should understand this is how it's worked and will continue to go. I'm not stressin getting a pair of these, I was simply pointing out that the quality of these 2012s isn't going to be awful, and the quality of the OGs wasn't particularly good either. I had the OGs sitting in my closet until about 2 months ago and from what I've seen in these photos, there's nothing dramatically different in the materials used. The XIV is one of the shoes that had obvious quality issues in it's original form, and the retros have actually provided better quality in overall materials used. What I was getting at though was that these aren't going to sit on shelves. I'm aware the '06's are available at a good price, but if you think these won't sell out and that JB doesn't know what they're doing with this particular colorway or model, you're mistaken.
QFT 
pimp.gif

Dudes are still in here qualitybeastin I see though lol

I find it funny that wanting higher quality is now frowned upon.

The people who want better leather, paint and overall materials are now seen as some sort of NT pariah.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

I find it funny that wanting higher quality is now frowned upon.

The people who want better leather, paint and overall materials are now seen as some sort of NT pariah.

That's not even the issue. The issue is people automatically assuming everything from the past is just better for the simple fact that its old. Not one of us has held these in our hands and yet people are still complaining about the quality of them.

It's not a case of "assuming" the older models were better, it's a fact that they were.

They did have better materials and comfort.

With one possible solitary exception (the 2004 retro XIIs comfort wise) -NO retro or even re-retro Jordan in the past 26 years has been superior to it's predecessor. If you think otherwise, please show me one example where the retro model has better materials than it's OG counterpart. 

-Aesthetics is of course subjective, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who prefers the retro molds of most sig Jordans to that of their originals.

As for Judging shoes that aren't even in hand yet, of course you can't tell fit or comfort from pictures... however, I do think it is perfectly valid to critique the materials in this day of HD razor sharp images. Some on-line pics of certain shoes show an amazing amount of detail. Yes, now-days you can tell simply by looking at a picture that the leather isn't up to par with the older version.

I will agree with you with pre 2005 retros, but anything after that is an invalid argument. I'm sorry, but nothing from these pictures show me that the last retro is in any way superior. People just make assumptions due to past history, but if you look recently, jb has made an effort to step things up. None of my 3s have had paint chipping issues, and although shiny, the wc3 leather was very soft to the touch and nice aesthetically. They have just recently been doing another cycle of the post 2004 retros, so time will tell if they stay consistent. Nothing about these scream bad or worse quality to the last retro 14s. This goes for the last shots as well.

Well then I guess it's subjective opinions because I certainly haven't seen a single example of JB "stepping things up" recently ...the leather on the White/cement 3s is not even as "soft" as the 2009 True Blues. And all 3s since 2006 have had paint issues -the White/cements will crack in due time.

All I see is improved spin by JB's marketing team and a few fancy boxes/keychains.

With one possible solitary exception (the 2004 retro XIIs comfort wise) -NO retro or even re-retro Jordan in the past 26 years has been superior to it's predecessor. If you think otherwise, please show me one example where the retro model has better materials than it's OG counterpart. 
true blue III's that were EURO only release were plagued with paint chipping VS da release from 2011 in da US that solved da problem.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

true blue III's that were EURO only release were plagued with paint chipping VS da release from 2011 in da US that solved da problem.

True.

I think however that he is saying the original was better....ie the original 3 was better quality than all of the retro 3's that have followed.

I wore the 2009 True Blue 3s many times before they started to chip -My 2011 White/cement 3s chipped after 2 wears. As I said in the previous post -the '11 White/cements (and TBs) will chip in due time.  

This.
My 2011 True Blues have yet to crack after 150+ hours of wear.

if these are releasing again for the third time (OG and retro). does that mean I should get out the game already??

STILL DECIDING IF I SHOULD GRAB ANOTHER PAIR. WORE THE PREVIOUS RETRO A COUPLE WEEKS AGO, STILL IN GREAT SHAPE

239wsp.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sho3tym

True.

I think however that he is saying the original was better....ie the original 3 was better quality than all of the retro 3's that have followed.
94 retros were good.   99's - 01s were good too.    i owned og 3-8s  and 10-14s.

got a pair for $75 brand new back in early 08 at a mom and pop spot around my way.

most likely these will eventually get marked down again like in 06.

if they get marked down i'll cop once again, if not i won't lose any sleep over it.

Back
Top Bottom