Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
So I ended up connecting with a local mom and pop recently, spoke with the manager a few times, and had him hold a pair down for me. 

We swapped numbers, and he told me he'd look out in the future so long as I look out with some cash (threw him $20 today on GP).

Anyhow, after exchanging numbers and a jackson, I was rung up by the owner and charged $200 flat. 
mean.gif

I'm upset that the owner marked these up to $186 and some change. Basically, the dude calculated the exact amount that would require me to pay $200 flat with tax. 

All in all I dropped $220 on these, when I could have EASILY copped for retail, 
mean.gif

The way I look at it is I secured a connect for the future. 
smokin.gif
 It just costed me $50 more than I should have paid. Guess it's a worthwhile investment (Black Red 1s, Taxis, Infrareds, etc.). 
agree

$50 well spent IMO

might not seem worth it now but you planted the seed

game is changing so more connects the better

well worth it

does JJ ship fast? have never been successful w/ them

Yes they do, should get a shipping confirnmation Monday. I'm on the east coast and get my jj packages Tuesday from a Saturday purchase using the standard postage ($7.99)

Last edited:
yea, you def lost

if he rang up 200 you should have just turned around and walked right out the door.
yea this would piss me off, ...I didnt realize that UNDFTD SF does this on some releases, got charged $150.00 for shadows (10 over retail) but the toro 4s released same day and those were reg. price at 160...

yea this would piss me off, ...I didnt realize that UNDFTD SF does this on some releases, got charged $150.00 for shadows (10 over retail) but the toro 4s released same day and those were reg. price at 160...

Yeah UNDFTD is annoying like that. They are selective on their pricing and like to add that $10 premium to their kicks :smh:

I use spenco poly sorb heavy duty insoles. They lessen the cracks but comfortable as hell. I swear by these. Shouldn't cost you more than $16-$18.
I found those hella uncomfortable. I recommend the sofsol men's athletic. Basically the same thing but the absorbent material stretches across the whole shoe.

Glad there were enough pairs to go around the market is flooded with 3s prices wont stay high for long. I got an extra pair to trade for something I missed out on in the past. If only ever release could be this smooth!

Glad there were enough pairs to go around the market is flooded with 3s prices wont stay high for long. I got an extra pair to trade for something I missed out on in the past. If only ever release could be this smooth!
for some reason these and fire red iv's just arent as popular but these price hikes are killing it for me.

ANYONE that thinks that there were more of these than any other general release Retro Jordan in the past 2-3 years is kidding themselves...

The "ease" in which you are "copping" recent Retro Jordan's has NOTHING to do with the supply...it has 100% to do with the demand...

JM

I'm glad these were a smooth release.

Maybe it's a signal that jays are no longer a fad and the HBs will fall off the brand and continue on with yeezys and feminine designer sneakers.

:smokin

I actually thought it was. It was very plastic feeling. It was the reason why I got rid of them.

It does feel a bit plasticky, but I wore my '07 pair a lot and the leather has held up really well (obviously, the paint is another story...) with very little creasing so I'd say it was pretty good. The leather on these didn't look/feel different to me and that's just fine.
The main thing I noticed is the Fire Red looks brighter - almost infrared-ish. Not sure if that's obvious on this photo (and the colour on my '07 might not look quite as vivid as it used to) but that Fire Red threw me off a little bit at first:

Damn, the EP on my '07s got really lighter over time - love how it looks
laugh.gif

I got my true size a little snug. I actually got mine at 7 tonight from the local finishline no ticket or nothing just walked in and copped.

Kinda disappointed though got home and one shoe tree was missing and the glue smell was ridiculously strong.

I wonder if the lack of reseller interest made these even more readily available? I know these had more demand than the playoff 8s...

Back
Top Bottom