Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
for some reason these and fire red iv's just arent as popular but these price hikes are killing it for me.
Me too only need a few more pieces to complete my collection between Js foams and air max (not many folk chase the maxes but I brake necks every time I pull a pair out)I got plenty to swap around and keep them in good shape the time to retire is coming soon!

ANYONE that thinks that there were more of these than any other general release Retro Jordan in the past 2-3 years is kidding themselves...

The "ease" in which you are "copping" recent Retro Jordan's has NOTHING to do with the supply...it has 100% to do with the demand...

JM

Like I've said a week ago. There's no hype for these. Y'all scare them about with the paint crazy. If you look at the pole vote for this, 70% of people crying over paint chipping/cracking on the 07 pair. I hope they keep spreading rumors like this so I can easily cop my next pair.

Last edited:
Are they thick? Because I went half size up for the insoles
As a former owner of Spenco cross trainer insoles, yes they are fairly thick.  However, the same can be said of Sofsol gel insoles.  From what I remember, density is about the same in both but the heel of the Spenco felt considerably raised, displacing my foot in the shoe quite uncomfortably.  If density is an issue, you can cry try Sofsol air as they felt a little mushier.  Can't speak about the quality of this product but you can also try Merell replacement insoles.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Pro...s/OrthoLite-Comfort-Foam-Insoles?dimensions=0

They are foam Ortholite insoles made in 3 different densities.

Are they thick? Because I went half size up for the insoles

Yes, pretty thick. You will need to take the insole out first.

Not sure what sunshine is talking about, but these are hella comfortable. This is the same dude talking black toes quality were the same as Chicagos.

Last edited:
pimp.gif

It does feel a bit plasticky, but I wore my '07 pair a lot and the leather has held up really well (obviously, the paint is another story...) with very little creasing so I'd say it was pretty good. The leather on these didn't look/feel different to me and that's just fine.

The main thing I noticed is the Fire Red looks brighter - almost infrared-ish. Not sure if that's obvious on this photo (and the colour on my '07 might not look quite as vivid as it used to) but that Fire Red threw me off a little bit at first:
View media item 524414

Damn, the EP on my '07s got really lighter over time - love how it looks :lol:

i noticed that the fire red 3s are brighter too as well, it looks a completely different color from the ankle leather at times

At Nike Santa Monica, these retros were in the section labeled "off the court" along with the Playoff 8's that were still available in some sizes.

It's funny that some cats insist on ballin in them.  They're basically made for NBA stars to stunt in for a night or two but not consistent wear for performance.

Aren't the modern 3's missing the forefoot air insole that the card claims they have too?

They have already sold out on FTL and company. Expect to have a small restock because of returned pairs.

At Nike Santa Monica, these retros were in the section labeled "off the court" along with the Playoff 8's that were still available in some sizes.

It's funny that some cats insist on ballin in them.  They're basically made for NBA stars to stunt in for a night or two but not consistent wear for performance.

Aren't the modern 3's missing the forefoot air insole that the card claims they have too?
It's funnier that some cats insist on ballin in the xx8s... IMO. Retros work just fine on the court.

Had these in the cart. Watched an episode of Sons of Anarchy, surfed the web a bit, went back, removed from cart and passed. Told myself I only wanted the Vs this month, that's what I will wait for. I'm sure if I want to pick these up down the road the prices won't be that bad but I don't feel bad passing. I know, I know...cool story bro.

Had these in the cart. Watched an episode of Sons of Anarchy, surfed the web a bit, went back, removed from cart and passed. Told myself I only wanted the Vs this month, that's what I will wait for. I'm sure if I want to pick these up down the road the prices won't be that bad but I don't feel bad passing. I know, I know...cool story bro.
My original plan was to do the same this month... but I had to make this my first 3, the black elephant print really grew on me I was hating on it at first but when you get down to it it looks much better than the thick lined retro grey elephant print looks now days

It's funnier that some cats insist on ballin in the xx8s... IMO. Retros work just fine on the court.
Why do you say that's funnier?  xx8's are built better for performance, ask Russell Westbrook who was flying up and down the court with em before he got injured.

Retros may work just fine, but they're just not built for consistent wear n tear like that.  Don't know why anyone would put them through that over and over.

I loved my 07 pair (I don't know why people are saying 06 when they dropped in 2007)
Had to sell mines due to paint cracking and unemployment.

So I won the raffle at House of Hoops over at Serramonte Mall. Picked my pair around 12. Didn't really check them out till now.

Found a few flaws that bothers me. On the left pair the red paint has white dots around it. Kinda looks like it's fading. I have that on the back side too as well. On my right pair their is some glue stains on the leather and chipping on the leather SMH.... I'm going to see if I can exchange them for another pair if they have any left.

View media item 524616
View media item 524617

These and the shadows were easy to get ,but I don't expect jb to keep pushing these type of production numbers still gonna plan ahead for releases I want .With that said got a ticket for these was out in Dorney park with the kids all day yesterday and didn't wake up in time went by the store at 5 pm they had like 30 pairs left still ,copped my pair something told me to check them before I left I'm at the counter and when I check out the pair boom hole In the midsole I wanted to snap a pic but dude grabbed the pair cursed jb and came back with another pair ,leather extra soft ,classic shoe you can see the paint strokes on the fire red ,otherwise a great release and I'm gonna say it This was an easy cop View media item 524629

walked in had a size 11 reserved asked and they had some 9.5 and 10.5 left so i asked if i could try on the 10.5 and they fit 100% better so i left with a 10.5

Last edited:
Easy cop, got off work and totally forgot about the release. Hopped online at 8:05am and was still able to cop off nike.com. I was amazed!!! They must have had a stupid inventory of these. Also did anyone else notice they switched the page up? or was it just me. Hopefully they did sumthin about the bot issue.

Ordered my pair on NDC, went to the mall today and saw these sitting everywhere. Me, being the crazy person I am pick up the shoe and start examining it. Saw the paint strokes on the Fire Red midsole, and the leather seemed very plasticy (spelling? lol) beside the plastic leather there were some spots that the leather wasn't tumbled. All in all still being let down on quality, I'm happy I picked a pair up. I beat the life out of any 3 that I buy. I will wear these until they have no sole. Hopefully my pair I get from NDC isn't as crappy as the pair I saw in Footlocker. 

Glad some of y'all were able to pick these up ease. I was actually going to pick these up if I found them at the mall. I came across a couple of pairs in my size but both had horrible painted midsoles. It looked as if they had been painted with a tooth brush so I ended passing. Hopefully I can still find a decent pair but not losing any sleep if I don't.

these are sitting in stores where iam at, got to the mall late Saturday evening around 8 pm and most spots still have close to fsr
grin.gif
 if these are still sitting after 2 weeks i might consider getting them with discounts of course kinda like i did with the playoff 8s wherein i got to use a $25 off bday coupon
happy.gif

yeah i saw a few reviews on youtube talkin about the new paint. their theory was they used that new technique to avoid the infamous cracking in the midsole, but who knows? IMO nike slipping on their quality, when I copped my retro 88's from NDC lets just say they weren't a 'flawless' pair. Nike is definately slipping as far as quality control. But hey, I would up gettin $40 back from my purchase, %20 off my next purchase and free next day air shipping on my next purchase.

Back
Top Bottom