Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Eastbay will bill you 160. Already been stated in the thread.
I called them after i checked out and they confirmed that listed price was what i would be charged so I expected that to be the price (had to call in a free shipping coupon bc I wasn't about to waste time entering it on the site as my pair sold out .lol) if I get the extra $10 off even better.

Last edited:
Eastbay will bill you 160. Already been stated in the thread.
I called them after i checked out and they confirmed that listed price was what i would be charged so I expected that to be the price (had to call in a free shipping coupon bc I wasn't about to waste time entering it on the site as my pair sold out .lol) if I get the extra $10 off even better.

So what did you get actually billed? It's been reported that Eastbay charges only 160.

Same thing happened on the area72 Kobe's and people received the difference back.

Is something wrong with you? First your analogy of leather rain coats and wet magic erasers and now you thinking I was saying they paint the elephant print while it's on the shoe
indifferent.gif

JB dips the elephant print in paint and then they piece it together. There's several pics in the thread where the black bled on to the midsole.
mean.gif

You really need to take dudes advice. What you said has nothing to do with him saying he wants to lighten it with a magic eraser.
maybe like 20% acetone 80% water will remove this "paint" then? or maybe even a lower dilution to be gradual and safe

So what did you get actually billed? It's been reported that Eastbay charges only 160.

Same thing happened on the area72 Kobe's and people received the difference back.
They haven't billed me yet so officially I don't know. I was just going by what they said so I wasn't expecting the $160 price. If it happens still even after they told me $169 I'm cool with that lol hopefully they didn't change anything and the system automatically generates $160 like before

Got mine on feet for today, most comfortable 3 so far for me. Haven seen any cracking or chipping so far. I think the paint is pretty solid on these. Will update at the end of the day.

Looks like eastbays back orders that were supposed to be in today aren't filled and they are still out of stock. Just got the the email.

Wait, can anyone fill me in if the pairs that got back ordered are actually gonna come or not? 

They haven't billed me yet so officially I don't know. I was just going by what they said so I wasn't expecting the $160 price. If it happens still even after they told me $169 I'm cool with that lol hopefully they didn't change anything and the system automatically generates $160 like before

Worse case is you can send them a pic with the msrp saying 160 not 170 once they come in.

SMH, Size 8 and 8.5 is still sitting at a local spot. I normally wear a size 9 but asked if I can try the 8.5 on. The Footaction employee told me I wasn't allowed to try it on cause it was the last pair and they have one of the shoe displayed at the register.... lame.

SMH, Size 8 and 8.5 is still sitting at a local spot. I normally wear a size 9 but asked if I can try the 8.5 on. The Footaction employee told me I wasn't allowed to try it on cause it was the last pair and they have one of the shoe displayed at the register.... lame.
Should have pulled the manager up on that dude.

Has anyone who ordered from DSG from their restock have received a tracking number or have received the shoes?

^^ ? A lot of people DID sleep on these...

How is it a ridiculous comment?

How many pairs were purchased? Nobody can say for sure, but a few hundred thousand pairs were made, right? So conservatively, a couple hundred thousand pairs were purchased?

Thats how the statement is ridiculous. Nobody slept on these. Be real. Just way more pairs available, so it feels like people slept. How come people dont understand this?

Thats what will happen now. Nike finally gives us more pairs and everyone will say "why was it such an easy cop," or "I can't believe these are sitting."

I see why JB makes shoes limited. Most of us want to be able to walk into a store 3 days after release and cop. But then consumers will think less of the brand if its too easy of a cop. NIke/JB isnt catering to those who have been copping for years and for those who could care less if a shoe is popular or not.

How many pairs were purchased? Nobody can say for sure, but a few hundred thousand pairs were made, right? So conservatively, a couple hundred thousand pairs were purchased?

Thats how the statement is ridiculous. Nobody slept on these. Be real. Just way more pairs available, so it feels like people slept. How come people dont understand this?

Thats what will happen now. Nike finally gives us more pairs and everyone will say "why was it such an easy cop," or "I can't believe these are sitting."

I see why JB makes shoes limited. Most of us want to be able to walk into a store 3 days after release and cop. But then consumers will think less of the brand if its too easy of a cop. NIke/JB isnt catering to those who have been copping for years and for those who could care less if a shoe is popular or not.
Yeah I understand that but we don't know how many we're made so no one can really say whether people slept or not. A lot of people are bad mouthing the quality on these (which is great) just because they are still sitting. Some people are just never satisfied :smh:

But the main reason people are sayin people slept is because a lot of people did actually. This colorway has historically been the least popular out of the 3s and a lot of people don't like them. Before they were released (and before we knew how available they would be), there were a lot of people in this thread were talking down on them saying how ugly they are and how they are the weakest 3s (someone compared them to crimsons :smh: ). This specific colorway of the 3s reminds me of all the 8s (excluding aquas) based on popularity. Bunnies and playoffs sat because not that many people, especially this newer generation of "sneakerheads", like 8s. Hell, they are still sitting in some areas. Playoff 11s were MASS produced and they did not sit whatsoever, even after the countless restocks. Any 11 will sell out because that's the favorite for alot of people. I'm sure if these were as popular, they wouldn't be sitting. Even if they were as numerous as the playoff 11s. It all depends on popularity.

I'm glad these were an easy cop tho

Well, the way I look at it....
When I was a kid, a new Jordan came out once a year. They were easy to cop if you had the money, but only one release a year. Now they take money from me at least once a month. I struck out so many times since the bb ixs I'm happy to get a pair period.

Any one get turned away from using bday coupons and vip rewards gift cards on retros? Some footlocker&footaction stores allow them and some dont

I
Should have pulled the manager up on that dude.
I've been told the same thing by my local footlocker. They don't allow anyone to try on retroes.

Only heard if this on release date. I'd call the customer support number while in the store if they refuse to let me try on the shoes. There is not written policy saying shoes can't be tried on.

Sometimes you just have to really push for what's right. They try and pull some crap if you allow them to do so.

You can also do the survey and give them negative feedback while getting a $10 coupon for your next purchase

Back
Top Bottom