Air Jordan 38

Why so much yellow? Unnecessary to me.
I thought exactly the same at first glance a few weeks ago when the wnba pics came out, and I must admit I'm am OG kind of guy most of the time so I am generally biased, but now that I got used to it a little bit, I like 'em and I really dig the yellow on it, wouldn't change it. It think it makes a nice color contrast and makes'em pop even more.

These will be copped 100%!

B7CF7B0B-D526-4B63-A462-36C3065B0453.jpeg
After about 3 sessions.

NDC pair landed today. So 🔥in person and like someone else said, nowhere near as bulky as they look in photos.

Annoyingly, I’m sending this pair back. Weird little faint brown stains on the toe box of one shoe. Heading out to see if I can find a pair locally. I don’t really want to wait another week for Nike to send me another pair, but if I can’t find a pair this afternoon, I’ll just reorder from NDC.

EDIT: Located a pair at a Richard’s near me, hopefully no issues on this one. Heading out to pick them up.

As for all this outsole trouble, I’m just going to be rocking mine casually so hopefully they can at least withstand that 🤣

Last edited:
Got my Fundamentals pair in from ND. I bought half size up based on some early review. They are definitely too big. Will exchange for my true size. Quality is pretty good on my pair. Design looks way better in person - they look really good on foot. Love how light they feel and the cushion feels good out of the box. These just feel like what I’d hope for from a numbered Jordan. A pair or two of the mids will tide me over while we wait for the lows.
Not sure who's review you got that info, but the general consensus here is that it's TTS. I agree that they are aesthetically beautiful. Although I prefer the 36 cushion. But these are good as well.

After about 3 sessions.
I feel sorry for everyone to whom it happened already, what a bummer!

Seriously!?!?! what the 🤬 is wrong!

I can't believe this problem didn't pop up in early in house weartesting or with WNBA and NBA players.

Unless it is a production line issue or quality control that affects only a certain % of the retail pairs?

I sure hope they fix this ASAP or use some freaking strong glue for the upcoming colorways...oddly enough the last time I remember JB pushing their environmental approach to go along with a new Air Jordan was with the 23 and they're the shoes that fell apart the fastest of them all because of the poor quality of the glue!! I hope this is not a repeat!!! 😡

I really don't want to have to return my Fundamentals eventually and I won't be able to try 'em out on court for 2 weeks still.

Picked up my pair from Richard’s and they’re good, so I can return this NDC pair with the blemishes on the toe. Just threw them on here in the house and I’m loving them, both the looks and how they feel. Looking down at them on my feet takes me back to what it was like doing the same thing in the 90s.

After about 3 sessions.
Wonder if there will be a statement/update like it was when the 37’s exploded on Grant Williams by the connected to Jordan Brand, social media shoe people. Or will nothing be said like it was with the 34 lace loop, popping zoom bags issue or 33 lacing system issues?

Remember when people went bonkers for the Fear pack in 2013? Why don’t they do a Fear 38 with special packaging? I’m not a Fear guy but I remember people that never bought a sneaker in there life and some that didn’t know how to spell basketball we’re going nuts for them.

I feel sorry for everyone to whom it happened already, what a bummer!

Seriously!?!?! what the 🤬 is wrong!

I can't believe this problem didn't pop up in early in house weartesting or with WNBA and NBA players.

Unless it is a production line issue or quality control that affects only a certain % of the retail pairs?

I sure hope they fix this ASAP or use some freaking strong glue for the upcoming colorways...oddly enough the last time I remember JB pushing their environmental approach to go along with a new Air Jordan was with the 23 and they're the shoes that fell apart the fastest of them all because of the poor quality of the glue!! I hope this is not a repeat!!! 😡

I really don't want to have to return my Fundamentals eventually and I won't be able to try 'em out on court for 2 weeks still.
possibly production line. this is the problem with JB outsourcing. QC is more often compromised. the last time I returned a shoe was the Jordan 35s. love the shoe, but hell, the shoe design was bad for people to even use. that one and my pair also had a really bad defect that I could have sued the company for injury. went into rehab for months before I was able to walk properly without pain.

also, the 28s back then with the warping and popping zoom bags were also terrible. I remember that they had to bring out the 28 SEs to make up for it. I didn't like the SEs though.

possibly production line. this is the problem with JB outsourcing. QC is more often compromised. the last time I returned a shoe was the Jordan 35s. love the shoe, but hell, the shoe design was bad for people to even use. that one and my pair also had a really bad defect that I could have sued the company for injury. went into rehab for months before I was able to walk properly without pain.

also, the 28s back then with the warping and popping zoom bags were also terrible. I remember that they had to bring out the 28 SEs to make up for it. I didn't like the SEs though.
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with the 35, that's real unfortunate but I believe you cause I've had a nasty foot injury and a severe case of shin splints caused by a shoe after only 1 wear in the past but it was a running shoe. I've had such a good experience with my 35 on court, I got nothing bad at all to say about them on my end.

But I still remember my 1st wear, I was scared as sh... and at first I really thought I was going to have to return them cause they really felt horrible under the foot arch...but after 2-3 wears on court they ended up broken in perfectly and thanks to people here on NT with their great advice I wore them around the house for short periods for 1 week or two before balling in them.

Did the exact same thing with my 2nd pair and never had any issues.

Maybe I was fortunate enough to be on the lucky side every time, IDK, but my 28 are still holding up to this day, my 33 still feel like my feet are in a vise and they hurt for like the 1st 10minutes so I rarely wear them, but the lacing mechanism while not perfect is not a nightmare on the pair kept.

Never had any of the more common issues people reported with either the 34 or 36.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with the 35, that's real unfortunate but I believe you cause I've had a nasty foot injury and a severe case of shin splints caused by a shoe after only 1 wear in the past but it was a running shoe. I've had such a good experience with my 35 on court, I got nothing bad at all to say about them on my end.

But I still remember my 1st wear, I was scared as sh... and at first I really thought I was going to have to return them cause they really felt horrible under the foot arch...but after 2-3 wears on court they ended up broken in perfectly and thanks to people here on NT with their great advice I wore them around the house for short periods for 1 week or two before balling in them.

Did the exact same thing with my 2nd pair and never had any issues.

Maybe I was fortunate enough to be on the lucky side every time, IDK, but my 28 are still holding up to this day, my 33 still feel like my feet are in a vise and they hurt for like the 1st 10minutes so I rarely wear them, but the lacing mechanism while not perfect is not a nightmare on the pair kept.

Never had any of the more common issues people reported with either the 34 or 36.
I really gave the 35 a chance like for over a month since I thought they will break in eventually. Never thought that it was my foot that would end up like that. That's how much I liked the shoe. Ended up hating it after what happened. Only issue with the 36 was it ran longer. Not sure yet if I'll pick up the Cb34s as my alternate.

Back
Top Bottom