Air Jordan 38

Ok I see it nowZ they’re gonna say this is the strap but on the outsole lol.

208E7256-6C84-45FF-813D-07895AD2549A.jpeg
Excellent observation I woulda never noticed that.

It’s an interesting and cool idea but I don‘t see it. That midsole/containment piece looks to be flush with the midsole And the area at the back looks nothing like Velcro And more like the flyknit material of the collar of the AJ 30. Also, assuming the brand is still using and maintaining the ethos that the latest sig shoe is purely for basketball, I think its a safe bet to say that the implementation in 1992/93 of using straps to maintain lockdown isn’t something that needs revisiting in 2023 because straps are actually not that functional or needed for lockdown and no other J has had straps since.

I think just by looking at the midsole and how different the construction of the shoe is, that lockdown will be provided that way. We’ll just have to wait and see when JB leaks that info To find out what’s up. Hopefully, its sooner rather than later since we just got a full reveal 6 months before the normal release of the yearly sig.

Maybe that area will be used for chenille patches or something.
So did you see a picture of the shoe or have you actually seen the shoe in person? Because if you’ve seen it in person, well, you would know lol

I mean, you were the first to comment for sure that it would have some see through parts and no straps. So…

Last edited:
It’s an interesting and cool idea but I don‘t see it. That midsole/containment piece looks to be flush with the midsole And the area at the back looks nothing like Velcro And more like the flyknit material of the collar of the AJ 30. Also, assuming the brand is still using and maintaining the ethos that the latest sig shoe is purely for basketball, I think its a safe bet to say that the implementation in 1992/93 of using straps to maintain lockdown isn’t something that needs revisiting in 2023 because straps are actually not that functional or needed for lockdown and no other J has had straps since.

I think just by looking at the midsole and how different the construction of the shoe is, that lockdown will be provided that way. We’ll just have to wait and see when JB leaks that info To find out what’s up. Hopefully, its sooner rather than later since we just got a full reveal 6 months before the normal release of the yearly sig.
The 20s had straps

True but that ankle strap was useless from a functional standpoint. As for the medial strap, I wouldn’t knoW because i never had the 20. When i stated no AJ had straps after the 8, I meant in the same configuration front to back.
The XX was very much so functional with its ankle strap. When the tab of the flap was flipped up and wedged into the ankle “gaiter”, the sneaker was transformed into a mid cut type lockdown. And of course when the tab was not in place, the gaiter was allowed to move freely thus making the XX feel and play like a low top sneaker. I loved the floating collar design on that particular sneaker.

True but that ankle strap was useless from a functional standpoint. As for the medial strap, I wouldn’t knoW because i never had the 20. When i stated no AJ had straps after the 8, I meant in the same configuration front to back.
Never owned a 20 but knows the ankle strap was useless 😂 the laces also had a strap over them as well! But I'll admit once the Velcro was busted it was annoying to hoop in but damn they are still imho one of the most comfortable Jordan's I've ever owned

Back
Top Bottom