Air Jordan 38

Tried the shoes on instore

- forefoot is widefoot friendly

However, I felt a pinching sensation in the medial side of the shoe just under my ankle. I sized up but still felt it.
you got a broken ankle or somethin? the only pinching I feel around the ankle is when I wear these type of shoes.....

Attachments

• mens-hughes-hand-painted-calf-leather-shoe-burgundy-p3824-6414_medium.jpg
    mens-hughes-hand-painted-calf-leather-shoe-burgundy-p3824-6414_medium.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 408
you got a broken ankle or somethin? the only pinching I feel around the ankle is when I wear these type of shoes.....
Never injured my ankles before. First time I felt that on a shoe as well. Usually, it's a narrow toe box or or narrow midfoot (arch area) that I complain about if ever.

There's a rectangular bar that rises from the heel to just below on the ankle (medial side). That's what's causing the sensation for me for the 38's.

Last edited:
Tried the shoes on instore

- forefoot is widefoot friendly

However, I felt a pinching sensation in the medial side of the shoe just under my ankle. I sized up but still felt it.
Holy ****, a modern Nike shoe that isn’t built like people have sliver for feet and it actually gets wider towards the ball of your foot? Like a normal human being? I’m not even a wide footer annd all modern Nike’s post 2019 or 2020, performance basketball in particular, are so long and narrow they choke the **** out of your foot.

Yes and never bothered my foot. KD 9 was one of my favorites to hoop in actually.
good for you. for me it was hell. I like the shoes but it was a good thing I tried them initially before I was about to buy them. lost good amount circulation on my feet for a few seconds of wear. took a few hours for my feet to recover. my feet isn't even a typical wide but would be in the mids. whoever designed that choker needs to die.

I follow this dude on Instagram. I don't know what he makes or what Nike designers make. But Nike company should be trying to get this dude on board. Some of his stuff is light-years better than what Nike puts out
100%. I’m usually an OG colorway or bust, unless it’s a colorway I could pragmatically see Michael wearing. These are all fire

IMG_0825.jpeg

9 lows > 9s. And in Chicago colorway? Fire.

IMG_0831.jpeg

Infrared 4s? Yes.

IMG_0834.jpeg

Another perfect OG 8 inspired colorway for the 38 I’d cop.

IMG_0826.jpeg

Olympic 9? Instant purchase.

IMG_0824.jpeg

Cherry 13 inspired 10? 🤤

PGs, Kyries, Kobes, KDs, this isn't even a question that Nike basketball makes narrow shoes. I have to wear thin socks just to get into a ton of my ball shoes. If I put on the socks that Nike sells I would be in trouble in most of my rotation.

Anyway, back to the 38s. I'm hoping mine get here in the next few days so I can use em over the weekend. I went back to the 34s the past few weeks.

100%. I’m usually an OG colorway or bust, unless it’s a colorway I could pragmatically see Michael wearing. These are all fire

IMG_0825.jpeg

9 lows > 9s. And in Chicago colorway? Fire.

IMG_0831.jpeg

Infrared 4s? Yes.

IMG_0834.jpeg

Another perfect OG 8 inspired colorway for the 38 I’d cop.

IMG_0826.jpeg

Olympic 9? Instant purchase.

IMG_0824.jpeg

Cherry 13 inspired 10? 🤤
Yeah I was drooling too when I seen those 10s

PGs, Kyries, Kobes, KDs, this isn't even a question that Nike basketball makes narrow shoes. I have to wear thin socks just to get into a ton of my ball shoes. If I put on the socks that Nike sells I would be in trouble in most of my rotation.

Anyway, back to the 38s. I'm hoping mine get here in the next few days so I can use em over the weekend. I went back to the 34s the past few weeks.
you dont have the 38s in your area?

so from a boot to a light weigh/low top boot. 9s just not a good/popular model.
Exactly. Thus why the low is the most tolerable of all of them. But yes a boot / cleat. Clearly wasn’t designed for basketball, they probably started conceptualizing it the year or two prior when Michael was already committing to go play baseball.

Which ones? The all whites from 2003 were 🔥 it’s the 9 model just with significantly reduced weight so you must not like 9s period
the baby blues. I love the 9's from a design perspective. but performance-wise, they felt more like casuals/dress shoes. had several opportunities of getting the 9s from the Space Jams, Gym Reds, Anthracites, Breds but the performance aspect of it was just meh. there are only two 9 models that I would buy and one is for collection purpose like getting the FTLOTG edition and the NRG Boot which I can use for winter. that's about it. for basketball, it's a No-No. even my teammate hated using his 9 for basketball.

the baby blues. I love the 9's from a design perspective. but performance-wise, they felt more like casuals/dress shoes. had several opportunities of getting the 9s from the Space Jams, Gym Reds, Anthracites, Breds but the performance aspect of it was just meh. there are only two 9 models that I would buy and one is for collection purpose like getting the FTLOTG edition and the NRG Boot which I can use for winter. that's about it. for basketball, it's a No-No. even my teammate hated using his 9 for basketball.
I agree with all that

Back
Top Bottom