Air Jordan 38

I guess it might be time for Jordan brand to outsource their manufacturing somewhere else.
I don’t blame manufacturing as much as I blame design on this one. To think glueing down a thin piece of rubber to essentially plastic in a spot where you have a carve out for what exactly would be sufficient? To show the Cushlon they sacrificed durability? Lol it just doesn’t make any sense. They could have had a PERFECT hoops shoe on the heels of the 37 debacle, not just from a performance stand point but from pure aesthetics as well… unreal.

That’s the G&Ts talking but my point still stands

I don’t blame manufacturing as much as I blame design on this one. To think glueing down a thin piece of rubber to essentially plastic in a spot where you have a carve out for what exactly would be sufficient? To show the Cushlon they sacrificed durability? Lol it just doesn’t make any sense. They could have had a PERFECT hoops shoe on the heels of the 37 debacle, not just from a performance stand point but from pure aesthetics as well… unreal.

That’s the G&Ts talking but my point still stands
I understand that the implementation or thing behind that has nothing to do with manufacturing. I even cited the Curry reference. On the otherhand, the glue portion and fraying are manufacturing concerns since they are quality related issues. Not sure if JB is taking this seriously and would atleast make up for it by releasing an SE version. Also, while there seems to be a significant number of people that have shoe issues, is the margin big enough for JB to take notice like what they did to resolve the issue on the 28s? Or they would just ignore it like they haven't done anything with the 31s?

Air Jordan 38 “Chinese New Year”
Color: Cedar/Metallic Gold Grain-Light Pumice-Sail-Oil Green-Dark Team Red
Style Code: FQ8894-600
Release Date: January 24, 2024
Price: $200
1696716951624.png

1696716978777.png

Please know that my opinions should be qualified with the facts that: (1) I am old; (2) I am washed and (3) I’ve never been a good dresser. So how Jordans might look with outfits is a complete non-factor in my assessment of them.

Back
Top Bottom