Air Jordan 4 “Motorsport” Returning - Spring 2017

It's crazy to me that Nike still won't lower the price of most retros under $190... Clearly that price is too high and I really wonder how many people still pay full retail on GR retros (except 11s, which are the exception).

as a business it makes sense

because many people do buy them at retail

MotorSports didn't do well because of the leather.

Alternate MotorSports have good leather, and thus will do well. Might end up like Pure Money 4s

City Blue isn't willing to give Father's Day sale, then let their Alternate MS sit.

Nike release item before markdown, coupon code will not work. So I kinda give up.

Alternate MotorSports have good leather, and thus will do well. Might end up like Pure Money 4s

City Blue isn't willing to give Father's Day sale, then let their Alternate MS sit.

Nike release item before markdown, coupon code will not work. So I kinda give up.
lol at them sitting cuz of the leather. If people gave a damn, the 6s wouldn't be sittin
The colorway just wasn't hittin

I now feel dumb for buying at the mall two days ago for $160 taxed ugh. Only consolation is they don't have size 10 online 

The culture has shifted heavily in the last 3 yrs. Just think almost every remastered 7 sold out n quality on those were tuuuurible. Now the resale market is on the downturn n heads can now wait n flourish at disco partys

lol at them sitting cuz of the leather. If people gave a damn, the 6s wouldn't be sittin

lol people still pretending that they arent buying jordans because of quality and not because of lack of hype?
giphy.gif

The culture has shifted heavily in the last 3 yrs. Just think almost every remastered 7 sold out n quality on those were tuuuurible. Now the resale market is on the downturn n heads can now wait n flourish at disco partys

Quality on remastered 7's where not terrible. Do you own Bordeaux? Or hares? I mean it's not handmade Italian but those were the better releases of 2015

Leather isn't bad and most consumers aren't that much into "quality" as sneaker heads

IMO this shoe is a steal at $100. Great color, usually horrendous and ugly color ways end up around this price

uh quality was most def not terrible. The 6s the year prior mos def were terrible

Quality on remastered 7's where not terrible. Do you own Bordeaux? Or hares? I mean it's not handmade Italian but those were the better releases of 2015

I actually own both. Hares were garbage in my eyes. Best quality 7s to come out to me were the marvin the martians that went to outlets. That leather was buttery

Honestly, my hope and dream is that we FINALLY get Nike ID retros... Retro sales needs absolutely tank for this to happen though.

The colorway was fine. It's blue. no camo. no pink. blue.

lol people still pretending that they arent buying jordans because of quality and not because of lack of hype?

Exactly

That and the number of releases

The culture now is everything limited or will have resell value is desired. It doesn't matter how it looks.

Last edited:

Honestly, my hope and dream is that we FINALLY get Nike ID retros... Retro sales needs absolutely tank for this to happen though.
I said this couple years ago. Start off slow wit letting us do like 9s and 8s or 10s and go from there

Ok so the reason is because lack of hype?

Too many Jordan releases? Not because of quality?

Then that's great news for Alternate MS. Catch them in outlet!

Jordans were worse quality in the the time of maximum hype  from 2010-2014~ and not only sold out but resold. 

when it comes to what "sneakerheads" (not the average consumers) buy hype drives it. Guaranteed id these dropped 6 years ago theyd be sold out in seconds with the same leather quality.

new releases every single week, high prices. people are done paying $200 for a damn sneaker every weekend whether you have money or not

go to a retail store, everything is literally on discount not just Jordans but all kinds of nice runners and what not. shoes in general aren't selling well and its mainly IMO the price. shoes are too expensive these days nd all these sales and discount especially at a retail stock when you see the red tag on more than half the shoes, you never saw that a few years back

I think it will depend on what happens this holiday season tbh If the bred 4s don't instantly sellout and the 11s they release sit Jordan will be on downward spiral imo

1-2 models instantly selling out doesn't make everything alright.

theres 52 weeks in a year and they're releasing on average what, a shoe a week? sometimes two? and last few months all of them are legit rotting on shelves online and in store.

sales are down, nike gets it money regardless but to stock holders.. sales are down. across the board especially the basketball market which is terrible

Back
Top Bottom