Air Jordan 4 “Motorsport” Returning - Spring 2017

1-2 models instantly selling out doesn't make everything alright.

theres 52 weeks in a year and they're releasing on average what, a shoe a week? sometimes two? and last few months all of them are legit rotting on shelves online and in store.

City Pack 10s have been sitting for over a year now... Absolutely insane.

I think it will depend on what happens this holiday season tbh If the bred 4s don't instantly sellout and the 11s they release sit Jordan will be on downward spiral imo

I'm crossing my fingers for all of these things to happen.

Retro sales need to completely tank for us to finally get the Nike ID retros we all deserve after years of loyalty... Rumor 2 years ago was that Nike was thinking of releasing a limited ID run of Retro 13s (like Kobe Mamba Day) but obviously nothing came of that... This is long overdue, tbh.

Last edited:
Nike's laying off over 1000 workers so you can start saying goodbye to people calling in and getting codes. I'm glad because y'all be abusing that ish, like it's mandatory.

Nike just needs to invest more in designers tbh, the majority of retros sit because they release too many bad cws. If they aren't going to slow down on releases, at least they could hire more qualified designers to make better cws that will actually sell better.

nike has actually been dropping better jordan retro colorways its just they drop way too much too fast

they have flooded the market with jordan retros

Adidas probably has more releases (in terms of Boost models, not Stan Smiths and Superstars) but they've actually been selling out because they release fewer pairs of each release and actually have mostly decent cws and a ton of collabs with brands and sneaker stores. I have no idea why Nike won't employ this strategy, they could do this so much better than Adidas does because Nike is a much more valuable brand and could attract much better designers/collaborators/design partners from other brands.

Last edited:
It is me or 2012 IV's size 9.5 are 9 (so a half size down) on 2017 release?! Both royalty and motorsport fit the same as my 2012 gym red pair.

nike has actually been dropping better jordan retro colorways its just they drop way too much too fast

i agree with this for the most part but when you say way too much and way too fast, is that even actually a problem? nike has literally just given us wider releases on models that have generally been limited in terms of scale for the past 20 years. prestos, sock darts, huaraches, retros. none of those were getting made in regular people quantities up until recently. the basket ball shoe market may be down but thats got nothing to do with nike flooding the market with classics. at the end of the day when things pick up again (and history tells us that it always does) nike will just have a wider people net of people that will say "oh i had this shoe XX years ago, im gonna buy it again".

Last edited:
i agree with this for the most part but when you say way too much and way too fast, is that even actually a problem? nike has literally just given us wider releases on models that have generally been limited in terms of scale for the past 20 years. prestos, sock darts, huaraches, retros. none of those were getting made in regular people quantities up until recently. the basket ball shoe market may be down but thats got nothing to do with nike flooding the market with classics. at the end of the day when things pick up again (and history tells us that it always does) nike will just have a wider people net of people that will say "oh i had this shoe XX years ago, im gonna buy it again".
Not if they do another price hike can only imagine how much a pair is gonna cost in 5 years

Not if they do another price hike can only imagine how much a pair is gonna cost in 5 years
to be honest i have a hard time believing that they dont hike up the price with the end goal of selling them through nike outlets on discount. at the end of the day theyre selling enough at retail level to justify whatever price hikes they do. Retros probably do amazing at the outlet level and nike cuts out the middle man.

alot of people think that retros hit outlets because of how bad their doing but im almost positive its all buy design. popular retros fly off the shelves at outlets for like $20 off retail

Last edited:
We are currently in an era similar to 2001-2004 where pairs will be highly sought after down the road. There have been some good retro+ colorways and quality isn't perfect but it is much improved over the 2009-2014 run.

Couldn't agree more. I have a ton of '01-'04 retros, and the last 2-3 years of retros have been really solid overall (except for the price). If the shoes were sold for the same price as they were back in the early '00's, they'd be gone. Obviously for Nike, it still works in their favor, as less pairs sold at a higher cost is still a higher net gain (in the grand scheme of things).

Nike used to release fewer pairs of each model (hence why resell was a lot higher than it is now). They probably just wanted to maximize their profits. That's why I believe J's are sitting, because they're making more pairs. Yes Adidas caught the wave of the hype beast, but that is a small percentage of shoe consumers.

If anyone thinks Nike isn't slanging shoes anymore, they're tripping. Sometimes I'll be at a public place (not the mall) and count how many pairs of Nikes people have on. It's crazy, everyone from the small child to the Grandpa wears Nike. I was in a line the other day and out of 11 people, 9 were wearing Nike

Sorry for the rant/ just tired of the same argument.

Cliff notes: Adidas is hot right now, but Nike still making mad loot

Just wondering if you had to negotiate with the sales associate...
I know you usually find the deals, so just busting chops.

Ah ok. :lol:

Actually, I usually establish a relationship with the staff over time just by being chill during my visits and sometimes having small talk. My hustle has gone from asking for employee discounts when I was younger and they were easier to just receiving cooperation when things like this come up.

This time, we were just chatting about how stuff hasn't been selling and we talked about how these were $113 on Nike and how I was thinking about ordering.

Dude was like "if you want them, I can price match them no problem. Just let me pull them up on the site and print the page."

Told dude thanks, gave him a dap, then rolled out.

This time, we were just chatting about how stuff hasn't been selling and we talked about how these were $113 on Nike and how I was thinking about ordering.

Dude was like "if you want them, I can price match them no problem. Just let me pull them up on the site and print the page."

Solid

1-2 models instantly selling out doesn't make everything alright.

theres 52 weeks in a year and they're releasing on average what, a shoe a week? sometimes two? and last few months all of them are legit rotting on shelves online and in store.

City Pack 10s have been sitting for over a year now... Absolutely insane.

Those were absolute trash, every single one and I'm a BIG X fan :lol:

mean.gif

Ah ok.
laugh.gif

Actually, I usually establish a relationship with the staff over time just by being chill during my visits and sometimes having small talk. My hustle has gone from asking for employee discounts when I was younger and they were easier to just receiving cooperation when things like this come up.

Grown Man game!  Love it @bigj505!  Always appreciate you dropping your own personal wisdom on NT for the fam! God Bless you and your fam! 

Very true, not that that's a bad thing at this stage in the sneaker game. It's reminiscent of the old days though, when they released the jordan 11 lows 2001 they dropped like 4 men's cws and 3 women's cws all at once.

Back
Top Bottom