AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

Jealous of everybody who got a pair. I slept on these because I had family in town.

Crossing my fingers for a restock some where please!!

My size 15's from NDC got delivered two days early today, that was a very nice surprise.  I'm impressed with these, just wearing them around the house they feel much more comfortable than the WC IV's. 

@SneakerP --- As far as homeowners insurance, I update my sneaker collection photos annually, just with photos of "anything I buy that I can't buy again." Which in the case of shoes, is everything b/c while you can get a 2012 BCIV, even if they release another one in 2014, the OG you lost costs significantly more to replace, as you all know. My insurance guy takes my word on this stuff b/c he knows zero about shoes, obviously; that's a benefit of being with the guy for so long. The guy i have insurance with has had my family for 40 years or more so he takes my word as bond. I just keep photos updated in case of fire, etc. All this is covered under my homeowners policy, same with my wife/my jewelry, electronics etc. If i were to ever have to replace my collection, i will likely retire instead and take the check, simply because I don't have the time to go hunting. For those of you who have a decent collection, it's worth it, as my collection only accounts for about $2.50 a month in premiums haha.

Ahhh, pair numero deux came in from SoulHaven.

speaking of shoes and favs and lusty lade's...

Kinda regret doubling up on the true blue and white cement 3's.

I rarely wear one pair as it is.

Black shoes look better to me (the beaurdough and black cements are like male uggs to me...

or boots with the furr...).

*drops it leaux and pops it*

Bred IV's, White/Cement IV's, Black/Cement III's & White/Cement III's need to be in EVERYONE'S collection.

REPPED and QFT

This man speaks da truth.

Ive basically dwindled my AJ pair to these.

Ive got black toe ajkos coming in and am anticipating the blk.ryl 1s

all else i dont eem care

1-5 and 11-13 Is all I need fam.
Pretty much all I got as well at this point.

But white/cement 4's and 3's are must haves for the Air Jordan enthusiasts. Fosho

ZYZZ -- No way, player... the Bordeauxs are forever in my Top 5. Too many memories were had in those things. The first time I got Top, I was wearing the OG Bordeauxs. I was a freshman in HS and girls weren't just handing out Dome tickets in those days.

Alright, my FNL pair came today, so for spOOfy and anyone else interested in some comparisons pics with an early release pair here you go - lemme know if you got any questions or whatever, but it actually turned out to be pretty uninteresting, which is a good thing.

I got my early release pair in late October from Sol3society. Shoes came straight from China. i posted a lot of pictures and a lengthy examination of the quality way back then, so Im not gonna go into all the details, just the minor differences I guess. (but there really werent any)

First up, the boxes. This was actually the only place with a real difference. The MSRP sticker on the side had slight difference in the exact layout. Probably means nothing but I thought Id post it up. SS box on top

Heres the two pairs together. Sol3society in front. Shape is basically identical to my eyes. FNL actually came with a very small scuff. Ive been wearing my SS pair a lot so you can see that the nubuck has been holding up pretty well

Close up of SS. The ashiness is more from wearing them around, not how they looked brand new

Close up of FNL. Cleaner, but quality of the nubuck is identical to the touch. You can also see slight variations in the angle of the stitching, up by the netting. Its actually superior on the SS pair above

FNL on right. Size of heel cut is the same, cant see it here but there has been no sign of cracking paint on the SS. Also the black paint on the midsole of the FNL was a little thin, and you could see a small lighter colored streak about a half inch long

Together, FNL in front

The production dates were interesting though.
On my SS pair the dates were 6/13-6/28, on my FNL the dates for the Right shoe were 5/9-6/22 and the Left shoe was 5/9-6/20
So ironically, my early release pair from SS was actually made later than the release day FNL pair. Go figure

I cant speak for everybody, but it seems like early release buyers avoided any kind of air randy fiasco this time around. In general, this release seems to have been done to a reasonably high level by JB standards. Im very pleased with both my pairs

Last edited:
Nice comparison. I repped too.

As for me, I finally just copped from my connect since I missed out on these last week. Next I just need the CG 9s.

Last edited:
@SneakerP --- As far as homeowners insurance, I update my sneaker collection photos annually, just with photos of "anything I buy that I can't buy again." Which in the case of shoes, is everything b/c while you can get a 2012 BCIV, even if they release another one in 2014, the OG you lost costs significantly more to replace, as you all know. My insurance guy takes my word on this stuff b/c he knows zero about shoes, obviously; that's a benefit of being with the guy for so long. The guy i have insurance with has had my family for 40 years or more so he takes my word as bond. I just keep photos updated in case of fire, etc. All this is covered under my homeowners policy, same with my wife/my jewelry, electronics etc. If i were to ever have to replace my collection, i will likely retire instead and take the check, simply because I don't have the time to go hunting. For those of you who have a decent collection, it's worth it, as my collection only accounts for about $2.50 a month in premiums haha.

@brennanizm I totally agree with the way you are thinking and good looking out on the info. I knew you could do jewelry/electronics but didn't think sneakers was possible. Definitely purchasing insurance for my collection. It makes so much sense for anyone that has a serious collection or has pairs that will run them upwards of a few grand to replace. :D

Nice comparison. So the theory of early pairs being made earlier with the mistakes isnt true.

ZYZZ -- No way, player... the Bordeauxs are forever in my Top 5. Too many memories were had in those things. The first time I got Top, I was wearing the OG Bordeauxs. I was a freshman in HS and girls weren't just handing out Dome tickets in those days.

Same with me. I kept 3 pairs and can't part with one. Bordeauxs are easily on my top 5.

Good info on the insurance advice. Never really thought about that.

Ahhh, pair numero deux came in from SoulHaven.

speaking of shoes and favs and lusty lade's...

Kinda regret doubling up on the true blue and white cement 3's.

I rarely wear one pair as it is.

Black shoes look better to me (the beaurdough and black cements are like male uggs to me...

or boots with the furr...).

*drops it leaux and pops it*

I have to disagree with you on the white cement 3's and true blue statement. I doubled up on both of them and I'm glad. Its going to be a long time till they release the TB3 again. It also depends on how much you wear them. My white cements 3 are probably worn more frequently than any other pair of my J's.

I also think black is better, that is why I haven't bought any white J's since the 3's.

Nice comparison. I repped too.

As for me, I finally just copped from my connect since I missed out on these last week. Next I just need the CG 9s.

^Repped. This is the kind of post I give dap for...

Thanks fellas, always happy to try to bring something people find useful to NT

Nice comparison. So the theory of early pairs being made earlier with the mistakes isnt true.

I wouldn't necessarily go that far. People doing early release should always consider buyer-beware.
You take a risk every time. Even if the shoes are "100% legit Nike products" there still may be differences or alterations just by virtue of being made early. Fortunately, these BC IV's were identical

Alright, my FNL pair came today, so for spOOfy and anyone else interested in some comparisons pics with an early release pair here you go - lemme know if you got any questions or whatever, but it actually turned out to be pretty uninteresting, which is a good thing.
I got my early release pair in late October from Sol3society. Shoes came straight from China. i posted a lot of pictures and a lengthy examination of the quality way back then, so Im not gonna go into all the details, just the minor differences I guess. (but there really werent any)
First up, the boxes. This was actually the only place with a real difference. The MSRP sticker on the side had slight difference in the exact layout. Probably means nothing but I thought Id post it up. SS box on top

Heres the two pairs together. Sol3society in front. Shape is basically identical to my eyes. FNL actually came with a very small scuff. Ive been wearing my SS pair a lot so you can see that the nubuck has been holding up pretty well

Close up of SS. The ashiness is more from wearing them around, not how they looked brand new

Close up of FNL. Cleaner, but quality of the nubuck is identical to the touch. You can also see slight variations in the angle of the stitching, up by the netting. Its actually superior on the SS pair above

FNL on right. Size of heel cut is the same, cant see it here but there has been no sign of cracking paint on the SS. Also the black paint on the midsole of the FNL was a little thin, and you could see a small lighter colored streak about a half inch long

Together, FNL in front

The production dates were interesting though.
On my SS pair the dates were 6/13-6/28, on my FNL the dates for the Right shoe were 5/9-6/22 and the Left shoe was 5/9-6/20
So ironically, my early release pair from SS was actually made later than the release day FNL pair. Go figure
I cant speak for everybody, but it seems like early release buyers avoided any kind of air randy fiasco this time around. In general, this release seems to have been done to a reasonably high level by JB standards. Im very pleased with both my pairs

thank you, thumbs up for that post.

i had to askt hough, did you try the release date pair you got and do they "feel" the same as the early release?

Back
Top Bottom