AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

I recently undsed these and the paint is chipping after 3 wears. I love this shoe but I'm so disappointed. Am I the only one?

I recently undsed these and the paint is chipping after 3 wears. I love this shoe but I'm so disappointed. Am I the only one?
You aren't alone...It's known to chip. Some shoes were even chipped already straight out the box if you look closely on some of the bad quality pairs.

Last edited:

It took exactly 1 year of wear, but a pair of my BCIIIs started chipping. I just hit them with the Sharpie Paint Marker (white)... not the regular Sharpie, but the Sharpie PAINT marker. It masks the problem area quite well. It will work on the BCIV too. My BCIV has yet to chip/crack, but I'm ready if/when it does 8)

sharpie paint marker eh? I'll keep that in mind. It's only a matter of time before these chip. Hell I just unds some true blues from 01 and they chipped on one shoe after the first wear.

^The wht part(underneath airbubble) has flaked a lil but the blk parts are still very much intact. |I

Hardly noticeable when on feet. I mainly copped spenco to stop the blk part from chipping up like no other.

Last edited:
A lot of guys have complained about pinky toe problems. I suggest you make a trip to your local grocery outlet. For $8.99, your problems could be solved.
vw39f.jpg

These pairs were my first test subjects. My latest pair that needed widening was a pair of AT1 chlorophylls.
Only my right foot though...
359iekx.jpg

BTW, BinYe..you a wild one!

Been thinking about copping this. How well does this work?

Nubuck > Durabuck.

A fellow poster here attempted to debate with me as to the durability and shape-rentention/creasability
of nu. versus dura.

The playoff/raptor VII's from 2012 and thunder IV's from 2012 =  both durabuck and look worn after a few wears (which is
fine, not complaining because that's expected).

The black red V's from 2011, the Varsity red VI's from 2010 and the bred IV's 2012 - all nubuck and to
this day, toe boxes are as immaculate as ever.

Yes, durabuck looks and feels gooder, but long term, i'd rather stick it to the nu-nu.

You lost all credibility by using anything post 2008 as an example of quality.

Anyway, durabuck... nubuck, whatever JB wants to call it, it isn't the same **** they were using back in the day. It's just different, :smh: at JB selling "fools gold".

You lost all credibility by using anything post 2008 as an example of quality.

Anyway, durabuck... nubuck, whatever JB wants to call it, it isn't the same **** they were using back in the day. It's just different, :smh: at JB selling "fools gold".
i think Jordan brand stopped using quality material in 2007 because my XIV's Feel really nice

Last edited:
It wasn't all quality in 06-07. My militaries from 06 are **** quality compared to the 2012 fire reds I own.

Nubuck > Durabuck.

A fellow poster here attempted to debate with me as to the durability and shape-rentention/creasability
of nu. versus dura.

The playoff/raptor VII's from 2012 and thunder IV's from 2012 =  both durabuck and look worn after a few wears (which is

The black red V's from 2011, the Varsity red VI's from 2010 and the bred IV's 2012 - all nubuck and to

Yes, durabuck looks and feels gooder, but long term, i'd rather stick it to the nu-nu.

Gooder?

I'm wearing my pair for the third time today but I'm really worried about paint cracking like on my fire reds. My military blues have been worn more than my fire reds and they still haven't cracked! (22 wears, yes I keep track.) I Definetly need to hurry up and get those spenco insoles.

I have blue stains from my jeans on the jumpman logo on the heel and the gray lace eyelet things. Anyone else have this issue and any solutions??

Nubuck > Durabuck.

of nu. versus dura.

Gooder?

I'm sorry, but this is funny as hell!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Coolestdrkard - they work pretty good. You would need a few sessions to achieve the desired results though. At least from my experience using them.

Spray, stretch, dry.
Spray, stretch some more, dry.
Repeat #2 as needed.
GL

Back
Top Bottom