AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

im trying to stay out of this thread, time cant go fast enough for me. pics dont help haha, cant wait

There's no way these compare to the suede on the Varsity 6's from a couple years ago. The suede on the 6's are garbage compared to these..
Even with the picture taken with flash, they still look decent....

Some people just like to complain.

I find it hard to believe that people have some of the kicks they're comparing them too.

Meanwhile they'll probably praise the Cav IV's

I really want these, but after owning the classic greens and the 2006 militaries I've never wanted to get another pair of 4s. The paint is barely there on the classics, the militaries are wrecked. So my laser pack is ds, I may sell it.
Someone needs to find a way to strengthen the paint :lol: because jb wont

the trick is to spray the midsoles with krylon matte finish. trust me for $7 this stuff works wonders. i sprayed it on my 2011 black cement IIIs and i have worn them 100 times, if not even more. to the airport, walking around, sprinting, running up and down stairs, in the rain, etc. the paint is still very much intact save very miniscule paint chipping on the crevice of the midsole where the two halves of the midsole meet.

i also sprayed it on my south beach lebron 8s and has protected the paint from rubbing off.

the trick is to spray the midsoles with krylon matte finish. trust me for $7 this stuff works wonders. i sprayed it on my 2011 black cement IIIs and i have worn them 100 times, if not even more. to the airport, walking around, sprinting, running up and down stairs, in the rain, etc. the paint is still very much intact save very miniscule paint chipping on the crevice of the midsole where the two halves of the midsole meet.
i also sprayed it on my south beach lebron 8s and has protected the paint from rubbing off.

I'm gonna have to try that. Griffey 1s for the test run, they are notorious for loosing the midsole paint

yea i can't wait. im trying to triple up..
smokin.gif

It looks like I'll be doing that matte finish. I really can't afford to spend $160+ on a sneaker I absolutely love that will turn to ish after five solid wears. Has anyone experienced paint chipping on the previous IV's this year?

Repped for the pic. I can't believe JB refuses to correct this issue. I guess my last cop for the year might be this weekend :smh:

Last edited:
Repped for the pic. I can't believe JB refuses to correct this issue. I guess my last cop for the year might be this weekend :smh:

I mean in all honesty, it hasn't really gotten worse than that at the moment and I've worn them several times now after I took that pic initially.

but yeah, it shouldn't be happening, but my BC3's are worse from last year.

I don't know how some people have the cracking/chipping/peeling on their WC 4s or any 4s from this year, or any 3s from last year.

I guess I must not be wearing mines hard enough.

:rolleyes

you can delay cracking/chipping if you apply acrylic finished in several layers at first. i did this on my tours since the white is starting to get iffy and damned if i could repair the yellow splattered parts if they went.

shame we have to resort to it, but hey it is what it is.

Last edited:
I don't know how some people have the cracking/chipping/peeling on their WC 4s or any 4s from this year, or any 3s from last year.

You're definitely wearing them wrong. Shame on you. Everybody knows you have to stomp your foot down as hard as possible with every step. Duh :lol:

I'm not saying this to get laughs. I saw a guy today wearing bc3's that had to weigh over 4 bills. Didn't see any chipping on either shoe whatsoever. Now they weren't beat but you could tell he put in miles on them. So I really don't think weight is a factor.

THIS.

I was thinking the same thing.
I have BEATEN my MB's into the ground, rather purposefully, and no cracks.
Not even stress marks yet where it will crack eventually. The toe boxes are torn up. lmao. ..but that's another story.:D

Dude's WC's were def. cracked tho'.^ ..not trying to deny that.
I can't speak on the WC's, as they're the one IV I missed this year, but the others?
..def. no cracking at all. ..YET. :wink:

He is
1.)Spiderman jumping from building to building
2.)Overweight spiderman jumping from building to building
3.)Stomping the yard in them
4.)Very very overweight and wearing them for hours a day every day for a week.

I've worn mine 4-5 times for hours on end and nothing. I'm 5'11 200 pounds. Idk what the hell you dudes do to make those crack. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom