AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

First off, let me say that I hate nubuck as a material. I sold my two pairs of 2010 Infrareds for this reason.
Question: Were the OG and 99 retro versions of this shoe nubuck or durabuck?

First off, let me say that I hate nubuck as a material. I sold my two pairs of 2010 Infrareds for this reason.

OG IV V and VI black's were Durabuck , maybe the 99-00 retros were as well, but def not the same type of durabuck that were used on the OG's, that material havent been spoted since the early 90's..OG material had more that leather touch to it , prob why they lasted longer on the court as well.

OG IV V and VI black's were Durabuck , maybe the 99-00 retros were as well, but def not the same type of durabuck that were used on the OG's, that material havent been spoted since the early 90's..OG material had more that leather touch to it , prob why they lasted longer on the court as well.

Thanks for the background! I'm gonna be passing on these then, unless something changes between now and release date. If they can do durabuck on the Raptors, then they can do durabuck on these, too.

Nubuck comes in different forms.

Call it sacrilege but I like a higher tongue. Makes the shoes look much better with jeans. My main complaint about last years white cement 3s was that the tongue was too short.

Calories-in-Banana.jpeg

So wait, you mean to tell me these 4s aren't releasing with the same materials as the Charcoal 7s?!?!?

Wow.

A slippery slope for JB.

:smh:

I guess I'm the only minority that prefers nubuck than durabuck.

I know the majority Old heads prefer durabuck cause it resembles closer to the OG.

Might copp 1 fresh pair to have on ice. Wish it was Durabuck though.

Just unDS my 2nd pair of CDP IV's today cuz my first ones are DONE! ONLY a matter of time before the midsole will crack, until then, I will enjoy them. lol

Old retiring CDP pair now turned beaters :x

Fresh pair unDS today :smokin

Last edited:
I guess I'm the only minority that prefers nubuck than durabuck.
I know the majority Old heads prefer durabuck cause it resembles closer to the OG.
Being an older head this is part of the reason. Durabuck is an awesome material. I literally could walk in rain, thru sprinklers, etc. and there never was any fading. Simple cleaning with a towel and they were good as new. The nubuck jb throws down on us is just pure crap. Over time it fades, chips, and creases too easy. I used the black metallic v's from last year as my work shoes. I retired them in 9 months due to these problems I described. But before that, my regular work shoes were black cat iv's which lasted me 2 years. Only retired them due to the soles cracking from wearing them down. So until jb decides to start using durabuck again like the playoff vii's, no thanks.

I like that these are blacker, but why the longer tongue. I didn't even notice the other 4s had longer tongues, but it's so obvious on these.

I had actually looked forward to copping these but the shape + materials + cost is going to make me pass.

'99's put these to shame.

Back
Top Bottom