AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

The thread for my favorite all time shoe reduced to basura.
mean.gif

I don't really like rocking IVs with shorts so the fact that the tongue is a bit larger than normal isnt a turn off for me. Hopefully I can snag a pair.

So how does Nike/Swoosh work now? Nike has managed to muck it up, used to be a breeze.
Also, if anyone can give insight as to how NTLA's Twitter DM system works, it will be appreciated. Just an old head trying to figure out how they do things nowadays.

I completely missed your post, the new avy threw me off :lol:

Basically you have to make sure you "follow" NTLA, or NT Santa Monica. Turn on mobile notifications to receive updates from them. The RSVP usually takes place on the Thursday before the Saturday release, at random time. So make sure you set your account to receive mobile alerts from NTLA, otherwise, you will be sitting on the computer waiting.

They will tweet a hashtag name, then you have to DM (Direct Message) that like so:

#hashtagtweet, First and Last name, Size

Then you basically just wait to get a response.

I tried to talk myself out of buying these but I was lying to myself. I'm definitely going to try and get a pair of these.

Its really interesting to me just how much hate these shoes are receiving considering these are going to sell out in seconds by a lot of the very same people complaining about the quality of materials, shape, tongue, etc. Saying CDP is better, 99's are better, 89's are better... in 4 years when these get released again it will be the same routine "The 2012's were better".... It just seems to me that quality is complained about for the new retro and the old retro is praised every time. Same thing happened when the CDPs were released and now I've heard people wanting that "quality".

Also, I'm not saying the quality has not declined to some extent, I'm just saying if you're truly that dissatisfied by the quality, why keep buying? I was unsatisfied with the quality of the FR IV's in August, so when I was presented with the opportunity to buy more @ retail price, I just declined. But the same deal happened in 2006, everyone complained about the Mars IV"s and now they're praised by 2012 FR Haters. Just seems like a vicious cycle every time a shoe is re-retro'ed that never seems to end.

^^ I have not bought a 4 this year because of the bull that they're putting out and calling it quality. I've held every one of 'em in my hand and passed on 'em all. Sure the midsole paint is a bit better and they've chosen a slightly better grade of synthetic leather but the shape is still not what it should be. Put these next to a '99 4 and these are all doo doo. And all of the hate is coming from JB basically trolling us and putting suede on these, which is in just about everyone's top two or three grails and then going and putting Durabuck on the Charcoal VII's and Thunders. If that ain't a slap in the face, what is? Jb basically is telling y'all they can put out whatever the hell they want and the sheep will buy it.

^^ I have not bought a 4 this year because of the bull that they're putting out and calling it quality. I've held every one of 'em in my hand and passed on 'em all. Sure the midsole paint is a bit better and they've chosen a slightly better grade of synthetic leather but the shape is still not what it should be. Put these next to a '99 4 and these are all doo doo. And all of the hate is coming from JB basically trolling us and putting suede on these, which is in just about everyone's top two or three grails and then going and putting Durabuck on the Charcoal VII's and Thunders. If that ain't a slap in the face, what is? Jb basically is telling y'all they can put out whatever the hell they want and the sheep will buy it.

I understand what you're saying. But what I'm sayin is that you are for sure in the minority. Lots of heads bash em, but turn around and cop multiple times.

Well, I have enough J's and other interests that I spend my spare change on so I can sit and wait.  Besides, they'll be back soon, lol!

Yah this is the first I am hearing the CDPs are better than the 2012s. No way in hell.....

AirThompson thats because they know most people who cop these things aint collectors or heads or whatever. If we boycott, then would make up .5% of their customer base if that. Way more people want the shoe than supply can handle. Sneaker boycotts accomplish nothing. If we should boycott something it should the Lebron Xs and show them they can't just charge whatever they want but even that wont happen. They'll still fly off the shelves. And the price of all other shoes will climb at a much faster rate than inflation.

SuperQ you are one of the few. IMO the Militaries are average jordan quality these days. But i thought the cavs and the WCs were great. Stiff leather is a preference, not a design flaw. Those are the first time the Cavs were made so they dont owe us durabuck for that. I am mad that they ****** up the color blocking on all the OGs. That is much worse than anything. To me the Fire reds are the only ones with terrible enough quality to complain about knowing JB. But then again I only rocked the WCs so far. I got all of them.

Last edited:
I love the quality of the Cavs especially when put up against the Fire Reds that just came out.  BRED and Thunder should be a no brainer if they are like the Cavs.

^
i haven't seen these in person, but changing the upper material is a negative in my book

& i think the cdp 3 is better quality than the 2011 bc 3 which looks and feels like wet plastic
& seems to have paint chipping issues as the cdp does

Back
Top Bottom