AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

Direct people to where ever that is then fam.

All you can really do is call around and see who still has 'em. I can't speak on everywhere, but here in the DMV they seem to still be around. (For now anyways.)

And now, the pics.
xo1m3c.jpg

sawj2s.jpg

Picked mine up today. Someone earlier said the suede material on these is more similar to the 1989 originals than previous retros, and that's false. The originals were made out of Durabuck, similar to the original Jordan V and VI (the heels of the VI had a slightly shiny Durabuck around the heels). There was no nap to it, like the suede-like material used today. It was pretty resilient and easy to clean with a damp washcloth, and never looked ashy when clean.

For the love of god, Jordan Brand, bring back the original Durabuck on the retro IV, V, VI. The only retros to come close were the '99 and '00 versions.

Tries on the shoe. Glad I went half size up. These were not true to size. My biggest issue is the suede feels stupid cheap
that's because it's Nubuck. And with that being said it feels pretty nice for what we usually get. Also, s/o to JB for creasing my toe boxes for me. I could've done it myself but I like how you guys went that extra mile.

omg i thought i was the only one i feel small creases on it :smh:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE these shoes but the tongue is crazy high!!!!
I saw a few dudes saying they're not "that" different.
From left to right is the Mars 4's from 06, Fire Red 4's from this year, and today's Blk/Red 4's.
Hopefully next time the 4's come around they tongue will be a tad shorter.

I'm like most when I say that complaining gets us nowhere most of the time, as JB puts out the shoe and that's what we live with but c'mon with that tongue :smh:

I posted this a fair amount of pages back: (and thats just this years retro's)

Picked mine up today. Someone earlier said the suede material on these is more similar to the 1989 originals than previous retros, and that's false. The originals were made out of Durabuck, similar to the original Jordan V and VI (the heels of the VI had a slightly shiny Durabuck around the heels). There was no nap to it, like the suede-like material used today. It was pretty resilient and easy to clean with a damp washcloth, and never looked ashy when clean.
For the love of god, Jordan Brand, bring back the original Durabuck on the retro IV, V, VI. The only retros to come close were the '99 and '00 versions.

ha ha, word - & thank you

hypebeats think they can slip in comments like that & re-write history or something
if they heard that a certain quality of the new retro is better or improved from the last retro,
they make the leap & say 'it's more like the original' , oh word son?

same ish with the grey color on the white/black-cement 4 retro earlier this year
i was reading dudes saying 'the grey on the 2012 is closer to the original' ...like nah

'these new joints are better, period!'... ya whatever man, like you know what you're talking about
these new joints iz better, how the ***** can one tell without a shadow of a doubt how fast the midsole paint will chip
compared to a piar that came out last year or something? these released yesterday & most cats up in here posting pics previously
had air-randy's not air jordans

Last edited:
What's good, NT?  I am a long time lurker (I am talking years), but decided to finally register to tell my tale of copping these.

I live in Charleston, WV. You would not think it is a sneaker hotbed, but it has became quite difficult to cop kicks over the last year or so.  I used to be one of the only sneakerheads in town and could get whatever I wanted when I wanted it, but times have changed.  We have one mom and pop shop that has been an institution in our city.  They have a great Jordan account and get most releases.  I don't mess with them for Jordan releases because they charge $100 and over for Jordan retros and Foams, but they more then make up for it for the 20% off you can get on pretty much any other release that isn't hypebeasted over.  So, for my J's I stick to your everyday spots.  Champs and Footlocker gave out their tickets upon request throughout the week, so I showed up to FNL at about 11 o'clock because they stuck to handing their tickets out at midnight.  There was a small line, nothing crazy.  We waited until after midnight to get out tickets because their register malfunctioned and they wouldn't lift the cage until they got it fixed.  It was weird because noone was paying for the shoes until they picked them up after 8 the next morning.  The two people in front of me were a father and his teenage son.  The father was decked out in JB and looked to be a collector.  The son looked like he was going deer hunting the next morning.  Pops wanted a 10, son wanted an 11.5.  I needed an 11.  We get up to line and pops gets his 11.  Son's 11.5 is gone (our FNL is weak, only got 12 pairs).  There is one 11 left.  Son backs up and is like "nah, you take it".  I felt bad and was told him to go ahead and get it, he had been there longer.  All that is left for me is a ticket for 8.5 or 13, so I pass.  I walk out and the son and pop are waiting on me.  Son tells me he was getting the shoes for someone else and was only supposed to hold that person's spot in line, so since they didn't show up and I actually wanted the kicks, he gave me the ticket.  I was actually touched and offered to give the kid a few bucks.  He said no, so I promised to pay the deed forward.  Fast forward to about 9 AM the next day.  I didn't feel the need to show up right at 8 cause my shoes were held.  I get there and am told there was never a second 11.  They went right off of their invoice that said they were shipped two 11's, but really only got one.  I proceed to flip out.  The workers sat there laughing at us waiting for over an hour.  I explained that I couldn't understand why they didn't check what they had in stock before actually writing the tickets.  They only had 12 pairs so it would have taken seconds.  If I had known there was no other 11 I would have gotten up and went to the next city or hit up the one other local spot that gets very limited runs of J's.  I said they should give me an 11.5 or 12 that hadn't been picked up yet, and they said they couldn't give me shoes that were promised to someone else.  I couldn't understand how they had no problem telling me I couldn't have my pair, but wouldn't do it to someone else.  After making a bit of a scene I called around the stores in the mall in the next city that is about 45 min. away.  The FNL in that mall tells me they have a 12 that they will hold for me if I come right then.  I jet, make the drive in about 30 min and grab the twelve.  Later in the day I decide to hit up the Champs in my local mall that got over 40 pairs and gave out tickets all throughout the week.  They tell me they have an 11.5 that no one ever came to pick up, so I grab it also.  So, I luck into having two pairs.  I have called all my friends and told them I have a 12 that I will sale for retail if they missed out, but no one has jumped at the offer.  I am debating on taking them back to FNL, but I might just keep the second pair to trade at a later date.  I have no interest in saleing at a higher price. 

Now, I was so upset before I came upon the 11.5 that I called FNL corporate and filed a complaint.  The manager of the FNL has been really good to me in the past, but he was out of town for Thanksgiving.  So, I don't want to get him in any kind of trouble.  The district manager is supposed to call me in 1-3 business days.  I might try to use this to get a pair of the XI's for sure reserved.  Moral of the story is that I am sitting on two pairs and haven't decided what to do with the second.  If anyone needs a size 12 I am open for a trade.  I was so upset because this could have been easily avoided.  We watched these employees sit around and laugh and talk for over an hour.  There was no one in line to do anything other than get a ticket for these shoes.  They should have done everything in their power to make sure things worked out.  All they had to do was check their stock before handing out the tickets.  I can't be too mad when I ended up with two pairs, but I was upset I hadto drive 40 miles and waste gas to get my first pair.  The second that I will def. keep was just an unexpected bonus.  Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest. 

'

Man I can't wait to get mine. I'm not a huge fan of the IV's but these and the cool grey's are :nthat: .

Prob one of the few J's that are worth the hype.

'these new joints are better, period!'... ya whatever man, like you know what you're talking about
these new joints iz better, how the ***** can one tell without a shadow of a doubt how fast the midsole paint will chip
compared to a piar that came out last year or something? these released yesterday & most cats up in here posting pics previously
had air-randy's not air jordans
Breathe my man. Breathe. You sound unnecessarily angry at a simple opinion, not a fact.

Everybody has their reasons for why a sneaker is better than another version of the same sneaker. Accept that. These already look better, feel better and are more comfortable than the CDP (also if mine doesn't have paint chipping after a while, then that will be even better for me 
smile.gif
)

Last edited:
I'm glad these have the secret message just a little thing that sets these apart even though it is completely useless

Cool, whatever, like I said just wanted to tell my story.  Read it or don't.

:x don't have to be so mean guys don't worry i read it :smh: welcome to NT but that part where you said a long time lurker got to me so i stopped reading after that sentence which was i think the first couple of words :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JK man WELCOME TO NT glad you got yours :smokin

Woke up this morning with a shipping confirmation from NDC to go along with the pair I picked up at footlocker (for my brother). Good luck to the rest of you still looking!

Eastbay pair will be here on Tuesday.  Now I have to wait for a restock because everyone changed their mind and suddenly wants these.
laugh.gif

Finishline also just sent me a shipping email even though I cancelled my order yesterday after getting through on eastbay.

The CSR even confirmed that she cancelled it and asked "is there anything else I could help you with?".

I'll wait until I see a charge to decide how I'll play this. I don't need three pairs.

Last edited:
dam i hate all of you that got your shippin confs already :lol:

to the dudes that have their shipping conf from FNL what did you guys pay with? card or paypal?

Finishline also just sent me a shipping email even though I cancelled my order yesterday after getting through on eastbay.

The CSR even confirmed that she cancelled it and asked "is there anything else I could help you with?".

I'll wait until I see a charge to decide how I'll play this. I don't need three pairs.

dam i shouldve did what you did i had an eastbay pair in my cart but passed since i had ordered off FNL first

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom