Air jordan 4 Taupe Haze Spring 2021

I’m saying! I just want confirmation either way. If they wear away, cool. If they don’t, cool. I just want to know for sure. I’m personally not wearing/scratching away a damn thing on my pair, but I still want to know.

Idk where people are getting this from, it doesnt seem like it on my pair at all.

No one is willing to share where they’re getting these early? Jordan threads are spicy and a little stingy.

Sidenote: there’s no such thing as constructive criticism. Criticism by definition isn’t positive and cannot be constructive. Oxymoron.

Theres no magic site releasing them early, I have a plug but idk where he gets his stuff from. He always gets the releases like a week or two in advance. I dont ask no questions, just pay the man. :lol:

Theres no magic site releasing them early, I have a plug but idk where he gets his stuff from. He always gets the releases like a week or two in advance. I dont ask no questions, just pay the man. :lol:
A lot of these folks either work at the retail stores and are managers or pay a little extra to move product. They gotta do what they gotta do. I doubt mgr’s make much at footlocker. All those pairs you think you have a chance at are sold by release day

Really wish these didn’t have that cracked leather. They’d be so much cleaner. Gonna be a game day decision.

What retro has sat since covid stared (excluding FR 4’s)

Fire Reds? Sitting? I feel like no retro has "sat" since like 2016/2017. And ESPECIALLY since resell is having it's biggest boom of fly by night sellers since 2012 due to covid, Gentry/jb limiting, stimmies, and The Last Dance last summer. Must be nice to live in NY or LA. Cuz I'm in between Chicago, Houston and SATX and I have yet to see ANY retro just sitting. Them days are gone for now.

And with that in tow, to keep on topic, I'll probably buy these early this week. It's probably gone be sad. And I don't know why dudes be like "the prices will dip". They never do, it's the dumbest ****ing statement.

Fire Reds? Sitting? I feel like no retro has "sat" since like 2016/2017. And ESPECIALLY since resell is having it's biggest boom of fly by night sellers since 2012 due to covid, Gentry/jb limiting, stimmies, and The Last Dance last summer. Must be nice to live in NY or LA. Cuz I'm in between Chicago, Houston and SATX and I have yet to see ANY retro just sitting. Them days are gone for now.

And with that in tow, to keep on topic, I'll probably buy these early this week. It's probably gone be sad. And I don't know why dudes be like "the prices will dip". They never do, it's the dumbest ****ing statement.
Alright😂

so he mentions that
1. from the outside, it doesn't seem like there's a second layer (but also paid resale and so not willing to potentially destroy (a part of) the shoes to find out)
2. there is a metallic silver element to the cracked leather that's visible at certain angles in certain lights

...still seems inconclusive, like, will more of the taupe crack away over time revealing more metallic???

It depends on what it is. Sometimes resale prices level off a bit a few months after release. If it's anything after a year, you are absolutely correct. Certain things like Red Cements, Alternate Bel Airs, Hare 6s I was seeing selling below retail a few months after release this year. A lot of things fairly close to retail months after. If it's a limited release you are correct and if you wait too long they almost all shoot up.

there's two sides to the whole "pairs releasing early" thing....

the majority of people will have you thinking that anybody selling early pairs out of any retailer is a ski mask wearing thug. the reality of it is that it is almost impossible to keep a business afloat with the amount of brick products that nike forces you to buy that nobody gives a **** about. Thats literally what it is.. they are forcing businesses to buy bricks they can't turn into profit. And then they criminalize reselling any of the products. On one hand I get it.... but theres really two sides to it. and context matters.

Nike and their shareholders are all sharing all these great profits, high-fiving eachother. Meanwhile businesses are dying. It's a bubble that we aren't talking about. Sooner or later nike is going to be forced into the resell business of their products, one way or another. It's hard to imagine them being able to streamline more limited products that the public needs. They would need to adopt Supremes business model at some point. Which i think we might already be seeing. Just the other day I was saying this.... have you looked at nike's new releases section lately? They are literally trying to be a streetwear brand.

but to answer some of the confusion...
there has not been an early snkrs drop or anything (to my knowledge). its just the standard early pairs going for resell.

Last edited:

This guy scraped it away. Not the best video, but you can see the difference. He said it scrapes away to a metallic layer and then that can scrape away back to the suede. I can't tell how it easy it was to scrape away or he forced it so not sure how this will happen in the real world.

yeah its the nature of the scaly material. i thought it was funny in seth fowlers video how he was like "i highly doubt there is metallic silver under there." then a little bit later completley unrelated he's like "oh look... gold flakes. weird."

This guy scraped it away. Not the best video, but you can see the difference. He said it scrapes away to a metallic layer and then that can scrape away back to the suede. I can't tell how it easy it was to scrape away or he forced it so not sure how this will happen in the real world.

Oh wow, that looks horrible :rofl:

I doubt anyone’s pair will get to that point with normal wear- you’d have to do that intentionally

He needs to scrape away at those eagle talons he calls fingernails :rofl:

I

I don’t think that looks good at all.

Back
Top Bottom