Air Jordan 4 White / Varisty Red - Black 23rd Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jayem

Originally Posted by soledout23

I'm gonna cop anyways even though I know that the quality is going to be somewhat crappy.
Seriously?!? Why!?
I don't understand the logic in this?
But then again its your own money your burning. *shrugs*
That comment = HYPE.
30t6p3b.gif

toughmoney wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

110ddfp.jpg

Im sorry to you people who like the Mars IV, but his face did not belong on the side of the Fire Red IV. I understand his significance to the Jordan IV, but it was just unnecessary, not to mention the horrid quality.
The look so much better without his face and Im sure the shape and materials will be a little better this time around.

However, when I think back to 3rd Grade and this shoe, all I can think about is this picture and how the Red NIKE AIR popped on the back of this shoe. This color combo looked so awesome and it was amazing to look at as a Kid.

fb3260f687cd8a3331e720bbedf90b9dbe76e801_r.jpg

Ill be honest. Back in 2007 I saw a Guy at the mall who had on a fake pair of Fire Reds with Nike Air on the back and they looked awesome because of that RED NIKE AIR. Especially when compared to the garbage we had just received from JB in 2006. Not that I would ever wear fakes, but it just brought me back to what this shoe shouldve and couldve been.

Personally, these are my favorite IVs. I'll be passing on the White/Cements for these. Can't wait!

The only reason I didn't get the Mars IVs was because of...well...Mars. It was a stupid idea on JBs part (what else is knew though, right) to put that stupid little face there. Stoked for these to come back out sans that damn head!

The reason the Mars Blackmon logo featured on the 2006 retro "Fire Reds" was to promote the upcoming Jordan Spiz'ike line.

By adding Mars' face to a classic signature shoe that would sell regardless, JB knew it would re-ignite interest in Mars/Spike and thus boost sales for a hybrid shoe that they knew would be otherwise overlooked somewhat by the loyalists.

At no point did Spike Lee wear the original Fire Red IVs whilst associated with the Mars persona.

A list of the Hype Air Jordans that Mars Blackmon wore/promoted...

1985 Black/red Is -She's gotta have it (movie released 1986)

1988 White/Cement IIIs -Nike advertising campaign

1988 Black/Cement IIIs -Nike advertising campaign

1989 WhiteBlack IVs -Nike advertising campaign

1989 Black/Cement IVs -Nike advertising campaign

1990 White/Fire red Vs -Nike advertising campaign

1990 Black/Met silver Vs -Nike advertising campaign

1991 Black/Infrared VIs -Nike advertising campaign

1991 White/Infrared VIs -Nike advertising campaign

2003 Black/Royal blue XVIII -Nike/Jordan Brand advertising campaign

Capiche? 

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

The reason the Mars Blackmon logo featured on the 2006 retro "Fire Reds" was to promote the upcoming Jordan Spiz'ike line.

By adding Mars' face to a classic signature shoe that would sell regardless, JB knew it would re-ignite interest in Mars/Spike and thus boost sales for a hybrid shoe that they knew would be otherwise overlooked somewhat by the loyalists.

At no point did Spike Lee wear the original Fire Red IVs whilst associated with the Mars persona.

A list of the Hype Air Jordans that Mars Blackmon wore/promoted...

1985 Black/red Is -She's gotta have it (movie released 1986)

1988 White/Cement IIIs -Nike advertising campaign

1988 Black/Cement IIIs -Nike advertising campaign

1989 WhiteBlack IVs -Nike advertising campaign

1989 Black/Cement IVs -Nike advertising campaign

1990 White/Fire red Vs -Nike advertising campaign

1990 Black/Met silver Vs -Nike advertising campaign

1991 Black/Infrared VIs -Nike advertising campaign

1991 White/Infrared VIs -Nike advertising campaign

2003 Black/Royal blue XVIII -Nike/Jordan Brand advertising campaign

Capiche? 

This is amazing.
Love the explanation.

^^ Good list. I always thought he was wearing the black/royal Is in She's Gotta Have it, since they seem a little too light to be the black/reds. 

Originally Posted by jasroberts21

Beautiful picture up there with the NIKE AIR.

x2 I wish we had that on this years retro just because its the year of the 4's 

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

Originally Posted by El Bro

fb3260f687cd8a3331e720bbedf90b9dbe76e801_r.jpg
Holy crap, look at how much the tongue is stuffed! Of all the retroes, I think the IVs suffered the most from tongue-anorexia.
QFT. I had a pair of Mars IV's for a few weeks before moving them and I remember being surprised at how thin the tongue was.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by jayem

Originally Posted by soledout23

I'm gonna cop anyways even though I know that the quality is going to be somewhat crappy.
Seriously?!? Why!?
I don't understand the logic in this?
But then again its your own money your burning. *shrugs*
That comment = HYPE.
30t6p3b.gif

What??? How does that equal hype. Half the crap you say is to seek approval from others and this is another perfect example. His comment in no way has anything to do with hype. 
If there is a sneaker he wants and its only available in according to you guys less accetable quality then he really has no choice but to cop these. A lot of people have come to the realization that JB isn't going to put out high quality products too often so he really has no choice but to cop these especially if it's a sneaker he never had. 

It isn't like the Mars version of these are that much better in quality, and not to mention it would be cheaper just to get the version dropping this year. 

Instead of labeling everything someone says as hype and trying to play them to have some sort of self gratification have a thought process and think about what JB has become and the fact that the majority of us who want a certain sneaker may have to deal with lesser quality.

The guy that always kicks my balls.

Never fails.

This is why there is never any mutual agreements.

If you purchase a sneaker it doesn't matter why, its your money.

I just wish people would buy, but then not shoot JB down about quality.

Buy just because you like a sneaker.

Anyways, I know I'm a receive hell for this post (as do most of my posts) but in the end, IDC.

Oh well, this is NT after all.

Never fails.

Anyways, I know I'm a receive hell for this post (as do most of my posts) but in the end, IDC.

If you pay good money for a product, you have the right to criticize that product, or write a review about the 'quality', state your opinion, etc. etc. I don't really understand your logic.

Never fails.

Everything you just said went against the reason why you said the guys comment equaled hype
He must clearly be buying the sneakers due to him liking them because the quality doesn't mean much to him even though he recognizes the quality is not up to par

Pick a side if your going to have a negative comment on what someone is going to say about the money they spend on a sneaker that they like

Nice to see the Fire Red IV's come back close to its OG look. Hopefully they keep true to the OG when the finished product comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom