Air Jordan 4 x Levi's

Damn, he went in on them kicks like
3631A44F-6F22-49D5-9014-C4170D742875.gif

might've been posted before, but this is the dopest pair I've seen

I love and want these IV's as much as you do, but I gotta correct the rumoring...

Nothing here is official, just my understanding of how the industry works:

1. There's no such thing as "Levi's denim". Levi's, like Nike, is a designer and marketer of clothes. They outsource the making of denim textile to others. They also outsource the manufacturing of the garment. The closest we get to branding of the actual denim textile is when LVC (Levi's Vintage Clothing sub-brand) issued jeans made with "Cone Mills denim". (Sadly, Cone Mills, the one remaining manufacturer of denim in USA, closed a few months ago.)

Still, being the brand ho that I am, the IV's with real Levi's branding is worth more to me than the denim AF-1's without it.

2. Raw denim is denim that has not been washed. Therefore it is unshrink and unfaded. The denim used on the IV's looks to be stonewashed, not raw. And you definitely would not want to sew unshrunk denim onto a rubber sole. That would be disaster as soon as the sneaks get wet.[/Q
I love and want these IV's as much as you do, but I gotta correct the rumoring...

Nothing here is official, just my understanding of how the industry works:

1. There's no such thing as "Levi's denim". Levi's, like Nike, is a designer and marketer of clothes. They outsource the making of denim textile to others. They also outsource the manufacturing of the garment. The closest we get to branding of the actual denim textile is when LVC (Levi's Vintage Clothing sub-brand) issued jeans made with "Cone Mills denim". (Sadly, Cone Mills, the one remaining manufacturer of denim in USA, closed a few months ago.)

Still, being the brand ho that I am, the IV's with real Levi's branding is worth more to me than the denim AF-1's without it.

2. Raw denim is denim that has not been washed. Therefore it is unshrink and unfaded. The denim used on the IV's looks to be stonewashed, not raw. And you definitely would not want to sew unshrunk denim onto a rubber sole. That would be disaster as soon as the sneaks get wet.

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

So one person in here won?

Yeah I just find it super hard to believe that only 1 NTer got a call today. I guarantee a **** ton of no-show out of state dudes submitted entries because of that stupid *** 14K upvotes hypebeast article.

You might be the only winner in this raffle..... that we hear about. I sure like the dude just said Employees Back Dohring the rest of the stock. If that’s the case I have the shoes and the jacket so I would be more then ok with it. Just feel bad for the dudes that really wanted the shoes and jacket.

Oh, many thanks for your sympathy!:smh:
Doesn't help, tho :smh:
You better be wearing them!

so when theres restocks for the AS game in their respective cities, where do they usually drop? online? at a pop up?

Black midsole and gum bottom looks so much better than the white midsoles...too made the latter is what we've seen as the official release, no?

I’m late to the red tab party, but I wanted my pair to have the blank red tab.

It has nothing to do with US vs. EU or anything location-related.

Levi’s has this manufacturing certification requirement or protocol test case (or whatever it’s called, if anyone that knows more can chime in) where a certain percentage of their actual pants have to be manufactured with blank tabs on the back pocket. It’s a low percentage I forget, 15%-20% are made with blank tabs.

Go to your local Levi’s store, pick a shelf, and start flipping through all the pairs. You’ll find pairs with blank tabs. (Unsure if this applies to Made & Crafted and Levi’s Vintage collections.)

Talk to a sales associate and they’ll also explain to you the story behind blank red tabs.

Clifnotes if TL;DR:

Your Levi’s AJ4 pair with a blank red tab is still legit. They’re actually more rare, much lower percentage in existence.

I’m late to the red tab party, but I wanted my pair to have the blank red tab.

It has nothing to do with US vs. EU or anything location-related.

Levi’s has this manufacturing certification requirement or protocol test case (or whatever it’s called, if anyone that knows more can chime in) where a certain percentage of their actual pants have to be manufactured with blank tabs on the back pocket. It’s a low percentage I forget, 15%-20% are made with blank tabs.

Go to your local Levi’s store, pick a shelf, and start flipping through all the pairs. You’ll find pairs with blank tabs. (Unsure if this applies to Made & Crafted and Levi’s Vintage collections.)

Talk to a sales associate and they’ll also explain to you the story behind blank red tabs.

Clifnotes if TL;DR:

Your Levi’s AJ4 pair with a blank red tab is still legit. They’re actually more rare, much lower percentage in existence.
Thanks for the info... mine have the word Levi’s in it and that’s how I wanted it.....

Here’s a pair of Cone Mills 511s I own.

I forgot from where, but I remember flipping through the rest of the Cone Mills pairs to find more with blank red tabs but this was the only one.

That day, Levi’s staff sonned me on the whole explanation behind blank tabs.

Attachments

• 10FE7D13-5EFE-4664-9F6D-A5B1D44D04FE.jpeg
    10FE7D13-5EFE-4664-9F6D-A5B1D44D04FE.jpeg
    625.5 KB · Views: 26
Word of caution for those thinking about buying these from sellers/businesses you don't know, or even through StockX/Goat. They have REP pairs on the market now, and there's no legit test against the legit/fake pairs as of yet. StockX/Goat could be selling fakes, as I speak about this, so please be careful, and do your homework.

any idea what sources to follow to know what stores will get restocks?
Unless you're VIP, have an insider feeding you info or willing to wait in line for a while, the likelihood of getting these in an all star restock is pretty slim. Not trying to be negative but thats just how it is for all star weekend. alot of it is held for VIPs.

Word of caution for those thinking about buying these from sellers/businesses you don't know, or even through StockX/Goat. They have REP pairs on the market now, and there's no legit test against the legit/fake pairs as of yet. StockX/Goat could be selling fakes, as I speak about this, so please be careful, and do your homework.
good looking out!

got a call from a private no. to pick up by 9 pm ... have a “friend” who has pranked me with this ish before. Hope this is legit. #withfriendslikethesewhoneedsenemies

Back
Top Bottom