Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

Had to see the Google reviews y’all are talking about. Wow. As disappointed as people are with the drop, rightfully so I might add, I think all the Google review stuff directed solely at Union and Chris Gibbs is wack. My thing with the release is first, how much control did Union REALLY have when it came to how the release was done? We can all theorize and pontificate, but I’d want to know the actual factual truth and details. Maybe they couldn’t use the old method. Maybe they had to use this new method for whatever reason. We don’t know. This is just the type of situation where it’d be dope to personally know Gibbs, and to get all the info as to the release strategy, the reasons for it all, and his thoughts after the fact. Secondly, we’re not even having this issue if JB/Nike just made a sht ton of pairs for everyone or most to obtain. But instead we’re in this artificial scarcity and resell world currently. I’m a huge fan of Union, not just the shoes, but Chris Gibbs and the brand as a whole, and I just think it sucks that this Black owned brand is taking a hit (I honestly don’t think it’s that big of a hit in reality though) due to this release. Again, if JB/Nike just made a ton, this is a non-issue.

Had to see the Google reviews y’all are talking about. Wow. As disappointed as people are with the drop, rightfully so I might add, I think all the Google review stuff directed solely at Union and Chris Gibbs is wack. My thing with the release is first, how much control did Union REALLY have when it came to how the release was done? We can all theorize and pontificate, but I’d want to know the actual factual truth and details. Maybe they couldn’t use the old method. Maybe they had to use this new method for whatever reason. We don’t know. This is just the type of situation where it’d be dope to personally know Gibbs, and to get all the info as to the release strategy, the reasons for it all, and his thoughts after the fact. Secondly, we’re not even having this issue if JB/Nike just made a sht ton of pairs for everyone or most to obtain. But instead we’re in this artificial scarcity and resell world currently. I’m a huge fan of Union, not just the shoes, but Chris Gibbs and the brand as a whole, and I just think it sucks that this Black owned brand is taking a hit (I honestly don’t think it’s that big of a hit in reality though) due to this release. Again, if JB/Nike just made a ton, this is a non-issue.

They just did a great release with the last couple collaborations though. And we're also trying to clown ppl in their IG for looping the in-store raffle all the while sending people 3 and 4 plus pairs either via in-store or invoice. This release was a disastrous from that standpoint and while technically they don't owe any transparency to consumers, they can't be mad at the backlash they've received. We know these aren't a GR but when you've built up a reputation like they have for being "fair" and you have a debacle like this where now 2 weeks later ppl are either still getting invoices or multiples are still being sent out to ppl who've already won. What do they expect?

Has this been posted here? Solidifies these as the Best Union 4, BY FAR.

Great work, Sean.

They just did a great release with the last couple collaborations though. And we're also trying to clown ppl in their IG for looping the in-store raffle all the while sending people 3 and 4 plus pairs either via in-store or invoice. This release was a disastrous from that standpoint and while technically they don't owe any transparency to consumers, they can't be mad at the backlash they've received. We know these aren't a GR but when you've built up a reputation like they have for being "fair" and you have a debacle like this where now 2 weeks later ppl are either still getting invoices or multiples are still being sent out to ppl who've already won. What do they expect?
Exactly this. I still remember those IG posts making fun of the loopers, and yet here we are with people being sent multiple invoices off of one entry. I just don't get how that can happen. I would think Union would have some type of system in place where they can verify who's been sent invoices or even just cancel people's orders if they've jigged addys. We all know how easy it is to jig that kinda stuff with same addresses (st., street, #A, etc.). Union secured the bag either way so it is what it is. Whoever runs their social media is well aware of all the multiple pair posts that they've been getting tagged on. Think it's safe to say they just don't care anymore since they haven't even addressed it in an IG story. Some will say they don't owe us sh*t, but I think they owe some type of explanation if they're the very ones who haven't been following through on their rules for entries and cancelling multiple entries

would've been cool if the desert moss was more yellow like in the first leaked pics

popped more and was more endearingly ugly as opposed to just ugly ugly

Forgot I had this tee. I don't usually try to match too much.

Union 4s_a.jpg
That ACG hoodie is absolute fire.

Exactly this. I still remember those IG posts making fun of the loopers, and yet here we are with people being sent multiple invoices off of one entry. I just don't get how that can happen. I would think Union would have some type of system in place where they can verify who's been sent invoices or even just cancel people's orders if they've jigged addys. We all know how easy it is to jig that kinda stuff with same addresses (st., street, #A, etc.). Union secured the bag either way so it is what it is. Whoever runs their social media is well aware of all the multiple pair posts that they've been getting tagged on. Think it's safe to say they just don't care anymore since they haven't even addressed it in an IG story. Some will say they don't owe us sh*t, but I think they owe some type of explanation if they're the very ones who haven't been following through on their rules for entries and cancelling multiple entries
Oh I know the last releases were WAY BETTER. Just saying that ultimately we have no clue who or what is responsible for what methods of releases are chosen. Is it 100% on Union? 100% on JB/Nike? A combination of the two? And whatever it is, it’s not like one of the companies is gonna bash the other for f’kn up or pissing people off. And again, it’s stuff like this that just reinforces my thoughts that Nike/JB are to blame ultimately for the limited nature of these pairs. Make enough for most, and if the companies really cared about botting and backdooring and giving everyone the opportunity to obtain, they have the resources to do so.

On a side note, just noticed today that I received Early Access for the Desert Moss’. Hahaha. I had zero clue. I personally don’t like the pair, so it’s all good. I luckily was fortunate enough to grab the pair I love which is the Taupe pair.

Oh I know the last releases were WAY BETTER. Just saying that ultimately we have no clue who or what is responsible for what methods of releases are chosen. Is it 100% on Union? 100% on JB/Nike? A combination of the two? And whatever it is, it’s not like one of the companies is gonna bash the other for f’kn up or pissing people off. And again, it’s stuff like this that just reinforces my thoughts that Nike/JB are to blame ultimately for the limited nature of these pairs. Make enough for most, and if the companies really cared about botting and backdooring and giving everyone the opportunity to obtain, they have the resources to do so.

On a side note, just noticed today that I received Early Access for the Desert Moss’. Hahaha. I had zero clue. I personally don’t like the pair, so it’s all good. I luckily was fortunate enough to grab the pair I love which is the Taupe pair.

That link still good? :smile:

People are SERIOUSLY hoping Taupes hit $450-$500? Not gonna happen.
sorry but Gibs has an IG and connections to all the major media outlets like complex and hype beast etc - he could easily have come out and said "my bad we messed this up" hell they could at least have tweeted when the raffle was finished like 99% of the other shoe companies. Or if the release method was out of his hands (it totally wasn't) he could come out and say that. Either way the silence speaks volumes. And while locals dont care about google reviews - tourists do - and ppl walking past the store to buy some t shirts or GR shoes is what keeps the lights on. Power to the people.

Last edited:
I’m not even mad that it was a raffle that is what it is the part.
What pissed me off the most is you’re telling me you can’t find away to make sure you only sent a winning invoice to a person once. There’s no way one person should have won multiple pairs off of one raffle entry, that’s why they messed up to me You have guys, literally, who won three pairs or more off of one raffle entry… that’s wild

Last edited:
sorry but Gibs has an IG and connections to all the major media outlets like complex and hype beast etc - he could easily have come out and said "my bad we messed this up" hell they could at least have tweeted when the raffle was finished like 99% of every other company. Or if the release method was out of his hands (it totally wasn't) he could come out and say that. Either way the silence speaks volumes.
Well, all I can say is he didn’t take care of LA this time. I live 20 minutes from his store and couldn’t obtain just ONE colorway. That’s all I wanted was one while I see cats all around the world flexing multiple pairs. I will get over it, but it sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially since I’ve supported his store many times in the past. Losing legit raffles I can handle, but this one was far from legit...and I would still be saying the same thing even if I did win a pair. Kaws and A Ma Maniere get the major props from me. Gibbs was good for the first 2 drops. He’s 2 for 3.

Last edited:
I’m not even mad that it was a raffle that is what it is the part. What pissed me off the most is you’re telling me you can’t find away to make sure you only sent a winning invoice to a person once. There’s no way one person should have one multiple pairs off of one raffle entry that’s why they messed up for me you have guys literally who won three pairs or more off of one raffle entry… that’s wild
THIS.

Back
Top Bottom