Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

For whatever reason in my own head, I’m weird about wearing 3rd party type laces in any of my shoes (I’ll take an extra pair from some of my other kicks though), but this lace color looks dope on these. Again, I’m weird, so I most likely won’t personally do it, but dope nonetheless.

I don’t hate the pants. I can’t wear any pant that covers the front of my kicks (being in a wheelchair I’m shorter as it is, so that would really make me look crazy IMO haha), but not knocking it.

Funny thing is I am typically one of those as well who never go against the factory laces, or what is included with the shoe. Although, I have softened on this stance after purchasing from Foxtrot. Their Neutral colored (Cream, specifically) and fadeaway laces are phenomenal. Definitely made me rethink things a bit. Regardless, these for sure were in need of a lace swap. JB and Union blew it with the stock and alternate laces for Taupes and Moss.

Funny thing is I am typically one of those as well who never go against the factory laces, or what is included with the shoe. Although, I have softened on this stance after purchasing from Foxtrot. Their Neutral colored (Cream, specifically) and fadeaway laces are phenomenal. Definitely made me rethink things a bit. Regardless, these for sure were in need of a lace swap. JB and Union blew it with the stock and alternate laces for Taupes and Moss.
I feel it. Yeah, I’ve been THIS CLOSE to getting a pair of their laces. My ONLY issue is I rock my kicks untied with the lace tips sticking out, and I’m not with it if the laces have something written in them. Do these have text/writing on the tips? If not I’ll probably grab them for the Taupes, as I think them having a lace that matches the midsole/outsole is perfect. I felt the same way with my Noirs, which is why I used the black to sail split Union laces from my BT Union 1s, which goes perfect with the midsole/outsole and tongue of the Noirs IMO. What color and size in particular did you use here with the Taupes?

I feel it. Yeah, I’ve been THIS CLOSE to getting a pair of their laces. My ONLY issue is I rock my kicks untied with the lace tips sticking out, and I’m not with it if the laces have something written in them. Do these have text/writing on the tips? If not I’ll probably grab them for the Taupes, as I think them having a lace that matches the midsole/outsole is perfect. I felt the same way with my Noirs, which is why I used the black to sail split Union laces from my BT Union 1s, which goes perfect with the midsole/outsole and tongue of the Noirs IMO. What color and size in particular did you use here with the Taupes?

170cm is the one to go with for 1s and 4s.

They do have the “Yo Fox!” on the tips, but you can’t see it on the lighter colors like Cream and Oatmeal, unless you are right up against it. It’s essentially tonal on those shades.

Hate the branding that these companies put on lace tips but I might try foxtrot if it isn’t as visible.

I dont own a pair of anything skinny or jean. I havent worn a pair of blue jeans in prob 20 yrs. or white socks. Blue jeans are beyond uncomfortable and look like ****. Stick to khacki and earth tone chinos.

It's cargos for me lol. I own a few pairs of True Religion jeans and the comfort level is top notch, super soft, nothing like 501 Levi's. I do like my jeans to tapper though...especially with certain kicks.

I dont own a pair of anything skinny or jean. I havent worn a pair of blue jeans in prob 20 yrs. or white socks. Blue jeans are beyond uncomfortable and look like ****. Stick to khacki and earth tone chinos.
1628620983565.gif

I thought you was referring NT denim with this pic above.

then I realized you was dead serious after you posted the pic below.
They are custom Carhartt. Same type of style here… looks good to me…
B042B2ED-32C4-4C18-9A66-1B9258B65F7A.jpeg
Those pants cool but they just take away from the shoes.

Idk what homie talking about with not wearing jeans for 20 years. I’d like to see what he wears for pants.

I thought you was referring NT denim with this pic above.

then I realized you was dead serious after you posted the pic below.

Those pants cool but they just take away from the shoes.

Idk what homie talking about with not wearing jeans for 20 years. I’d like to see what he wears for pants.

Actually, it compliments the shape and girth of the shoe. These are bulky. Slim, tapered jeans aren’t as proportionate to the width of the shoe.

Actually, it compliments the shape and girth of the shoe. These are bulky. Slim, tapered jeans aren’t as proportionate to the width of the shoe.
I like how you are thinking… kinda like barbers framing a face with a hairline.

Hmm…do you have a side angle?

pants covering the Nike Air is what I meant by “ taking away from the shoes”

I don’t want to feel like Jules opening the briefcase when I lift my cuffs.

I like how you are thinking… kinda like barbers framing a face with a hairline.

Hmm…do you have a side angle?

pants covering the Nike Air is what I meant by “ taking away from the shoes”

I don’t want to feel like Jules opening the briefcase when I lift my cuffs.

I don’t currently have side angle, but will try to post one when I get another wear in. Yeah, I get that as far as covering certain elements, but the pants will lift a bit with certain actions, walking, sitting, etc. At certain times the NA is exposed.

Fashion sht is so subjective it’s not even funny. If you like and are confident in the skinniest of jeans, cool. If you like the world’s most flared out pants, cool. If you like something somewhere in between, cool. I might not like certain things, or even hate some things, but there’s no right or wrong.

No jeans in over 20 years?!? That’s unique to say the least. I have however only worn jeans like 3 times in like the past 17 months, and that’s probably the fewest times I’ve worn jeans in such a span in my life. Been mainly rocking cargos, sweats, and shorts, since March of 2020.

You know what, I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen Jean shorts.

dem joints is extinct
I wear my denim shorts from time to time. I never really ever stopped wearing them over the years. I love ‘em. The funny thing is I remember my little cousin (today I’m 35 and he’s 20, so there’s like 15yrs between us) looking at me like 4-5 years and talking smack saying “why are your wearing ‘jorts?’ Nobody wears ‘jorts!’” I told him like these are dope, chill out, and asked him who decides what’s dope or not. Then literally like 2-3 years later, he came by the crib wearing jorts himself. I just gave him a look, and he knew why.

Back
Top Bottom