Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

I got my pair in today. Quality is OK, comparable to the retros I bought in high school back in 2001-2003. I think the pattern of the shoe makes it appear to be running a bit large. I'm sure I can size down .5 and be fine in length, but the width may be too restricted.

Hey guys need some advice asap. So I was working a deal with a guy on craigslist for lebron 9 chinas ds 280 delivered to my door. And than found out he's got a ds pair of jordan V quai 54s for 370. I might get both but if you had to pick one, which would you guys? Thx in advance.

I'd go with quai 54. I have both, and you just can't wear the china's much. That bright blue got old with me. This coming from someone with over 10 pairs of LBJ 9. I'm over the 9's but I still get excited every time I pull th 54 out.

Man, how times have changed. I first had these when I was 10. I didnt go a size down like everyone else and they feel fine. Maybe cuz i got wide feet. Kobe shouldve worn these boots haha. 

UPS be laggin with my shipment! I know their end of day is when all their stock is delivered but I wonder if they might hold packages until next week because of Mother's Day traffic. Sad life...

Man, how times have changed. I first had these when I was 10. I didnt go a size down like everyone else and they feel fine. Maybe cuz i got wide feet. Kobe shouldve worn these boots haha. 
Yes I too have wide feet and for the first time in a long time my foot weren't squeezing against the sides.

UPS be laggin with my shipment! I know their end of day is when all their stock is delivered but I wonder if they might hold packages until next week because of Mother's Day traffic. Sad life...
You don't get UPS shipments on saturday? WHaaaaaaa... 

I offered a couple of dudes $200 and they laugh at me lol... Around my area they still asking $250 meetup smh
only real thirsty desperate idiots are going to bite on 250, 50+ over retail for a shoe that's already been confirmed to getting a restock soon is a joke.

nothing beats the "anyone wanna trade a size 11 for a 7.5" ****
laugh.gif

FSR still sitting at my local FTL and Nike store. Went to get them release day and walked out with kd elites instead. Congrats to all that wanted and got them but easy pass for me.

just got my pairs in...one of them has different colored bottoms. not sure if you can tell in the picture, but one has the blue sole, one has regular clear/yellowish sole. definitely looks weird, not that it matters since its the bottoms

View media item 405368

I just buy them and let them sit for a year, when I pull them out fools be like "He got the OG's" ... freshmen's 

FSR still sitting at my local FTL and Nike store. Went to get them release day and walked out with kd elites instead. Congrats to all that wanted and got them but easy pass for me.

Man hook a member up lol

You must not live in the states

Grails' collection almost complete; just need JB to quit BS'n & release the damn Columbia already

View media item 404982

fammmmmm my grail collection would be ******g complete if i just had those royals :smh:

im surprised someone else has tb3's as their grails they are the most slept on between the wc and bc :lol:

they my grails too :pimp:

Last edited:
Mine that came from Champs looked alright so far. I didn't get a chance to inspect them thoroughly, had to make a run to Fox Hills Mall to double up on my inventory with my guy working in the evening. And came home to do some computer work.

Earlier, I unlaced them, put insoles and Force Fields in them. Even with Force Fields eating up space around the toes area, I still had some room. These sneaks are definitely roomy even with insoles and Force Fields.

I'll inspect mine when I wake up. And I prefer to check them out in the morning sun coming through my residency. I still need to lace them up again.

I also hope to lace up my Olympic VII from 2004. I glued the mid sole on the other side with Gorilla Glue to restore them since they began talking like the other side did previously. They've been unlaced for about a month, just sitting on my living room floor with the laces there as well.

I cant be the only one who was not really satisfied with this release. Im guessing alot of people didnt get the 06 retros, because compared to those these are trash. The quality of the leather is terrible, that big *** toe box is horrendous. Blue soles? Whatever. Initially I thought I might have bought some fakes. But after seeing all the photos and noticing the same things on all of your shoes as well, it's obvious that JB just releases B-grade looking shoes these days. :smh:

Overall they are decent. I guess. But I guess I am just disappointed because these are some of my favorite Vs, and I thought JB would do better.
Silly Me.

:stoneface:
1st of all I bought them first and they were shipped to me. So its not like I saw em first, complained about em, then shelled out the dough anyway.

Secondly, where did my post say I didnt want them? My last sentence CLEARLY demonstrates that I want the shoes, with them being one of my favorite Vs. I just said the quality is bad. And it is.

Thirdly, THIS IS A SHOE FORUM!!! A place where people post their opinions, reviews, likes, dislikes, and overall impression of the shoes we all love.
Everybody is not going to have the same opinion genius. Some people actually care about quality. But once again as my last comment CLEARLY states,
I should have known better than to expect anything else of JB. But if this is all I cant get Ill take. Which is the reason I bought them. Smart guy.

Lastly, They are MY shoes. If I want to be disappointed in the way these shoes were released, that's is my right.

I hate reading post from dudes that sound salty that other people got the shoes and they didnt. I dont know if you got em or not. But that is how you sound. Real salty.

Got My true size they ran a little big (like my 2011 Metallics). But a half size down might be to short FOR ME. But honestly PPl praise the 2006  pair like they were tanks. The leather creases just by looking at them and the paint chipped even faster. I ran through 2 pairs and I have more than enough sneakers to never beat a pair of kicks. Honestly I rather this release just to see what their mad of. Ppl praise the 06 Metallics but the paint was Horrible. IMO the 2011 got the paint right Ive worn mine about 6 or 7 times and still no flaws or yellowing and I got them on release day. I deff  couldn't say that for either pair from 06 after 2 years. All limited releases don't have better Quality then newer retros ppl just want that good OLD exclusivity back. We compain when shoes are GR's but once their limited the Shoes are perfect, no flaws and the best quality ever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom