Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

Received my pair from FNL and upon opening the shoe box, something was off..

Noticed that both shoe laces were completely undone with lacing completely loose as oppose to the factory tight lacing and missing one shoe tree.

Someone from the FNL shipping department must've tried on my shoes before shipping them :lol: :smh: Good thing the lace locks were still attached though...

Last edited:

Noticed that both shoe laces were completely undone with lacing completely loose as oppose to the factory tight lacing and missing one shoe tree.

Someone from the FNL shipping department must've tried on my shoes before shipping them
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Good thing the lace locks were still attached though...
that sucks. no they proably came from an a fnl store. at least they didnt take the lace locks

Someone from the FNL shipping department must've tried on my shoes before shipping them
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Good thing the lace locks were still attached though...
could have been worse
grin.gif
 at least they didn't switched it with some fire red 5s
laugh.gif

For those who are complaining about creasing, please invest in a wheel Chair. That way you don't have to worry about walking and have your shoes creased. SMFH!

thats because people down there have there priorites straight. everyone is focused on obtaining a good job or if they dont have the funds for the shoe, they leave it on the shoe rack. im asuming resellers are nonexsistent
For real?  What about those of us who have good careers who just love sneakers?

That's because they're not DS once you've tried them on.
I guess brand new shoes at FTL aren't DS too since employees try them on in the back.

Yes, they still are DS if you try them on dingleberry.

I guess since quality has gone down tremendously, just "trying them on" makes creases and it makes them not DS to your standards anymore, yet every other shoe you try on is perfectly fine.  Fact is, I'm selling these.  And I'm saying they're DS.  Sue me.

Last edited:
lol. at least half my Js come like that. I will return or sell em if the quality is too low for me like theFire Red IVs. Took a while for me to get rid of them because I wanted them so bad.

I'm not gonna sit here and be a hypocrite and say I don't like the shoes, I really do and wanted them for some time now. But to say that we should just accept the ****** quality and deal with it is unfair as consumers. Some people work very hard for their money and they should be entitled to have a quality product for the price of a pair. For instance on my pearlized red Iversons the quality is impeccable, the leather is heavy and thick, all the stitching is on point and the shoe is all around perfect.

All in all, I could care less about keeping the soles 100% icy with at tint and some fancy box. Make sure it's a solid product before throwing in the bells in whistles. This should be normal for a company. But you can't blame em, the hype has reached and all time high and the shoes are selling so I see why. Just my 2 cents...

For real?  What about those of us who have good careers who just love sneakers?
I would assume you are one of the many/few that have youre priorities straight with a "good career " .Can afford to buy what you like which is sneakers silly.

Last edited:
Haven't check back this thread for like a week. Searched and couldn't find any thing related to NBA store.  Did anyone get confirmation shipping from nba store?  Mine is still showing "advance sale".  What a *****!

Haven't check back this thread for like a week. Searched and couldn't find any thing related to NBA store.  Did anyone get confirmation shipping from nba store?  Mine is still showing "advance sale".  What a *****!
Did you try calling them ?

Since I only got these Grape sneaks to strictly wear with my Hornets warmup jacket, I obviously won't be wearing these a whole lot. I mean I don't expect to wear a warmup jacket in the summer logically speaking.

So more than likely my sneaks will be worn during fall and winter when its favorable to wear my warmup jacket. And I refuse to wear them on rainy days.

Theoretically, my sneaks should last a long time then since I'll only wear them when I wear my jacket. I guess I can make them last long without having to get another pair once they retro again in years to come. The JB quality should decline even worse more than likely by then. I'll just be prepared to clean and restore them. I'll be prepared for yellowing as well, but I should be experienced enough to address it in the future hopefully.

Since I only got these Grape sneaks to strictly wear with my Hornets warmup jacket, I obviously won't be wearing these a whole lot. I mean I don't expect to wear a warmup jacket in the summer logically speaking.

So more than likely my sneaks will be worn during fall and winter when its favorable to wear my warmup jacket. And I refuse to wear them on rainy days.

Theoretically, my sneaks should last a long time then since I'll only wear them when I wear my jacket. I guess I can make them last long without having to get another pair once they retro again in years to come. The JB quality should decline even worse more than likely by then. I'll just be prepared to clean and restore them. I'll be prepared for yellowing as well, but I should be experienced enough to address it in the future hopefully.
so you plan on looking like everyone else with grapes

Back
Top Bottom