Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walked into the mall and had to settle for a guaranteed ticket for 1/2 size up. Hopefully I win a raffle and get my true size. If not I might have to settle.

I was kinda lazy with this release bc of how many of these are going around.

Might try to size swap but ill be damned if some reseller will try to charge me to do that.

Ghetto @ss chicks are not sexy period, real talk. There's no such thing as better looking than the other, they're all one in the same, let's be realistic.

The malls in the L.A. area you can see or run into stars are Fox Hills Mall and Beverly Center. They go there the most. Fox Hills since its literally down the street from LAX, and Beverly Center since its near Hollywood and Beverly Hills with nearby hotels or industries relevant things.

You can see rappers or stars in random malls in various areas as well. I heard some stars go to malls in the Valley part of L.A., but I'm hardly in that area since its out of my radius. I heard most of them go to Topanga Mall in Canoga Park from various mall employees there. Topanga Mall is the best mall in the Valley, its upper middle class to white collar, its the marquee mall out there. It caters to young bucks and old folks. Check that mall out if you're in L.A.

I actually met Terrell Owens the day after Christmas last year at Sherman Oaks Fashion Square. Its a slow, smaller mall though. That's the only time I ran into a star whenever I was in the Valley. Its a nice upper middle class to white collar mall, but the selections don't cater to a younger demographic like Topanga Mall does. Its more for older folks.

I've never seen anyone in Northridge Mall, then again its further out so I would understand no one wanting to go out there. Its a decent, middle class mall. Its north of Topanga Mall. Its definitely a young peoples mall.

I would say Panorama Mall is the most ghetto mall in the Valley, you wouldn't be missing anything by not going there. Its so small, your trek in there is complete within much less than 10 minutes. Its in the middle of a predominantly Latino/Hispanic area of the Valley. Its like a Little Mexico in that mall. But the Foot Locker manager who just got transferred there recently is cool because I've dealt with him at a different mall over a year ago.

Sherman Oaks Galleria off the 405 and 101 interchange is not even a mall, don't peep that, its all business spaces and restaurants, a movie theater. There's not any real retail there. I heard it used to be such an awesome, bomb @ss mall during the 80s, peeps from L.A. used to go out there on weekends. But I was way too young during that period to even know. You could see the old indoor version of that mall in old, classic movies like Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Commando, Terminator 2, and other movies filmed there as well. It opened in the very early 80s and was cool throughout that decade. Its decline began in the early 90s. The 1994 Northridge earthquake was the catalyst for its decline. When it reopened later that year, stores started departing. By 1999, it closed officially and reconstruction began. It reopened as the current outdoor incarnation minus retail spots in very early 2002. I wish it was still indoors with the retail, but times and managements change.

The Valley is considered a part of Los Angeles city.

Crenshaw Mall is ghetto, you're not missing anything by not going there. I doubt anyone famous will go there. Its also in a somewhat quieter, secluded area not accessible like that.

Westside Pavilion is more for white collar type of clientele. Nothing for young peeps in that mall. But I actually met Dr. Dre there back in summer 1999.

Century City Mall, same as Westside Pavilion, but its even much more white collar.

To the south of L.A. city is South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach. Its not that cool, its overrun by kids on weekends because there is a movie theater there and many different bus lines that pass through a terminal there. Since kids can't drive, either they're not old enough, their parents can't afford to buy a car for them or the parents are smart to not buy a car for them to wreck, they can only rely on the bus for transportation. That's why many kids from different areas frequent that mall. But its in a nice area, near many beaches.

Further south down the street is Del Amo Mall. That used to be the bomb @ss mall in the 90s. Peeps from L.A. used to go there on weekends because we were burnt out by ghetto @ss Fox Hills Mall. It used to be worth the drive, the mall was practically full occupancy with stores. It was crowded on weekends. Matter of fact, Jackie Brown was filmed there. But its decline began immediately after 1999. It got a little ghetto now. There's many vacancies and really not crowded despite the fact its one of the biggest malls in America. You wouldn't be missing anything there.

The Game frequents Fox Hills Mall, I've seen him a few times since late 2003. I've seen many recognizable peeps in that mall, I done lost track.The coolest rapper I ever met in my life was Method Man back on March 20, 2001. He was really cool.

Many famous people frequent Beverly Center. I've seen a few myself. Parking there is a b!tch. I just park on the streets and walk in to save money.

They shop at both and you can find them at Topanga from time to time. Fox Hills has a history. Riots, shoot outs, the old glass stair case in the middle of the mall
nthat.gif
. They tried to gentrify it by calling it Westfield Culver City but you can't run us away. Our only options are the fox and Baldwin Hills; you go there if you're looking to make a baby first night.
Oh man, I recall the glass stairwell in that mall, it was removed in the early 90s I believe. It will always be known locally as Fox Hills Mall forever to peeps out here. Only out of town peeps or peeps new to the area will identify it as Westfield Culver City. It will always be ghetto. But it was way more ghetto 20 years ago. It got a little less ghetto after the 90s.

Damn. I wanted these too..
The way this stuff has gotten is really a turn off man.
All of this madness just to have a CHANCE of getting the shoes you want. J's ain't the same anymore!
Depressing lol.
/wrist

Feel you, bro. I don't like looking like everyone else. That doesn't mean I don't want people to have the shoes too. People can do whatever they want. That also doesn't mean I only wear my shoes to get compliments and have people check them out. It's just a personal thing. Can't really explain it. And hype is nothing, I only buy the shoes I like and will actually wear. 
I agree 100%  I just don't want to rock them the day  they release because tons of people are gonna have them on.  I hope everyone is able to get their pair.  I wish JB would mass produce every retro that releases. 

Last edited:
To everyone talking about not wanting to wear the shoes they just paid almost $200 for b/c they don't want to be like everyone else is straight idiotic.  First off, if you want to be different, I'd recommend to stop buying Jordan's all together unless they some super exclusive release.  Maybe boss up and start rocking balenciaga's, LV's, Bally's, hell even NB's, Asics, air maxes, whatever floats your boat.  But second off, I go out, in a fairly large city (around 500k city, 1M county population) all the time to clubs, stores, etc.  I honestly veryyyy rarely see anybody rocking Jordans, whether it be new or old stuff.  In fact the only time I see a concentrated amount of people "showing" off their shoes is when I go to the mall (which is very rarely).  Therefore this almost leads me to believe ya'll be mall boppin too much.  Real talk, not many people even wear there kicks.  Only a few times have I ever been somewhere where somebody had on the same pair of shoes as me.  Most of the time nothing is ever said, sometimes it'll just be a simple "nice kicks man" and we keep it moving.  Ya'll overthinking this one too much.
I'll rock them just not the day they come out.  Never knew that made me an idiot for not rocking them on release day.
mean.gif
A lot of people buy their kicks and keep them on ice for a while.  Some people keep them DS for years.  
laugh.gif
  Also I have several different kinds of kicks not just Jordans and  I don't mall hop
roll.gif
The only time I'm in the mall is when I'm getting another pair of kicks or if I'm buying someone a gift.  Don't know where you live but where I'm at I see people rocking Jordans everywhere I go.  

Last edited:
^Entered 3 raffles for size 11. I just need 1. If i win the other 2 i wont be ashames to take advantage of the thirsty, cuz that is just sad. At that point you deserve to be ripped off. But also getting three pairs at retail when people have been preordering at $300 and trying to hype up this release so they seem less stupid for paying that much.

Wow you're going to compare the legs of the jumpman to an actual picture on the shirt? OK

Most of us just arent homophobic. Thats the real issue.

Last edited:
Yeah I live in Arleta bro, poverty areas? Naw son don't get it twisted. We ain't east valley but we don't look like the Wire either.
He came with The Wire reference. Its ghetto in Panorama City and some other Valley areas I'm honestly not familiar with, but its version of ghetto differs from West Baltimore, where The Wire is based in and where Carmelo Anthony grew up as an adolescent before NCAA and NBA success and fame.

Panorama City and other Valley areas that are ghetto are predominantly Latino/Hispanic whereas West Baltimore is a majority black. And I honestly learned that Baltimore is more than 50% black only within the last 10 years.

Everyone,

Good luck with you're RSVP/Raffle. IF you don't get them, please, please, please just remember that these are just shoes. IF you want them bad enough, then pay resell for them. If not, then sit back for the inevitable restock. Don't go out looking to hurt someone this weekend just because you want a pair of shoes. Enjoy the kicks you have right now! If you really want these and miss out on retail, skip a future release, budget for it, and sell off a few older pairs. Don't do anything stupid over a pair of shoes. They are just shoes. They are going to go on your feet. Keep it civil, NT.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom