Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those worrying about NDC. Got to ups and put your order number in the reference.

Long story But i Struck out on release day. My boy claimed he had a sure thing and it fell through. He gave me my cash back then I start looking for some trade bait on a few sites. I run across a dude selling Black Cement 3s worn about 5 times for 80. I hit him up he tells me he lives a few blocks away. I ask him what else he's selling since that price was nuts and he Tells me White Cement 4s. I ask him for a package deal so 5 mins and $145 later I have these to trade

So Of course Resellers dont want to trade so i end up selling the 3s for 160 and the 4s for 170. Hit up a reseller and dropped 240 on my pair. Never paid that much for a pair of shoes but after flipping 145 into 330 it feels like I got them for waaaaay under retail.

The perks of knowing how to find and  hustle sneakers in NYC. PS owned 2  pairs of 06 grapes so no need to find anything to match. Id say this is way less embarrassing than what some of you picked to wear these with. But to each his own hope everybody gets their pairs. I know i was salty till I got these.
congrats, nothing makes it better then the fact you got free shoes.

Is this the new NT, where we find pics off instagram to post up here to laugh at people after a release?

That's as lame as these pics

Why is everyone acting like this is new? People have put together stupid outfits and gone crazy over sneakers for decades. Now we have social media, big deal

That's how the tongue is supposed to be on these.
And what do you mean when you say that you were
Expecting the tongue to be like the metallics?
The tongues were always different on these two shoes.

I see. What I meant when I said I thought the tongue was going to be like the 2011 Metallics was that the front part of the tongue was going to flat and stiff while the back was where the cushioning was. I always expected the colors to be different.

What? I. don't even know what to say. I bet your upset that the black/red 11s didn't have elephant print to right?
but anyway. I got super lucky with these yesterday. couldn't get out of work to line up but I ended up walking into Finishline and getting my pair 30 min before they closed. someone returned then and my homie texted me and let me know. I raced there and grabbed them. dudes gave me real stank faces when I bought them

Woah, man. Take it easy there, bro.

It's pretty sad to see people like this on NT. Instead of feeling like you're better than somebody else, you should ask questions like what stevesteve72 asked above.

For the record, I've had many Jordan Vs in the past. My first pair of Vs were the Stealth Vs in the mid 2000s followed by the Carolina Vs, the CDP Vs and so on. I never owned a pair of Grapes. I bought the Carolinas instead of the Grapes when they first released. Out of all the pairs of Vs I have, this is the first pair with a very different tongue than others. That was the main point I was trying to make. It was strange to me that the tongue felt so different from the others.

Finally, I did not buy the Black and Red XIs in 2012, I already had the CDP XIs. No need to buy another pair if my pair was only worn twice.

White people y'all ain't immune from the *****ery

I can't breath....
Haha as a white person I am disappointed in this. About as close as I'll get to something like this is khaki shorts and a plan white tee. Never understand the going out of the way to match

Got off the phone with Champs about an hour ago, got the good word that my sneaks were packed and on the loading dock, ready to go. Thanks a lot to online availability, it helped me avoid ignorance and ghetto conduct at the malls. It also saved me gas from driving around town to collect raffle tickets or to rush out to reserves. Waking up early, sacrificing some sleep to get these was worth it, less work, productive result.

Was able to cop a Sz 12 when I was in Phoenix this past Saturday. Called everywhere and all SOLD out. Walked in to Bill's Shoe Hut at Desert Sky Mall and copped that 12. I wear a 13, but I can wear a 12. Sure got lucky after not being to cop online and was not goin to wait outside...Beautiful shoe!

Why is everyone acting like this is new? People have put together stupid outfits and gone crazy over sneakers for decades. Now we have social media, big deal
True, but there was a time in the mid 90's where being extra matchy wasn't fashionable at all. The two main rules back in these days was, don't mis match, and EVERYTHING has to be name brand (the no white T era). It's coming back to that 90's style (High top fades ect.).                                                                                                                                              

It's amazing how this release has brought out SO much bad taste, corny dudes (and chicks too) and just terrible fits. Sure, there's always corny stuff popping up on social media, but I haven't seen this must ridiculous effort trying to match the shoes in awhile. I guess part of it is because we haven't seen a Jordan go so far outside the white/black/red/grey mold in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom