Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my ticket @ my Modells I was 17th in line and only 26 adult sizes got my size though thankfully. Guy behind me didn't even know what the grapes looked like but lined up to get them anyway SMH.

Ghetto @ss chicks are not sexy period, real talk. There's no such thing as better looking than the other, they're all one in the same, let's be realistic.

The malls in the L.A. area you can see or run into stars are Fox Hills Mall and Beverly Center. They go there the most. Fox Hills since its literally down the street from LAX, and Beverly Center since its near Hollywood and Beverly Hills with nearby hotels or industries relevant things.

You can see rappers or stars in random malls in various areas as well. I heard some stars go to malls in the Valley part of L.A., but I'm hardly in that area since its out of my radius. I heard most of them go to Topanga Mall in Canoga Park from various mall employees there. Topanga Mall is the best mall in the Valley, its upper middle class to white collar, its the marquee mall out there. It caters to young bucks and old folks. Check that mall out if you're in L.A.

I actually met Terrell Owens the day after Christmas last year at Sherman Oaks Fashion Square. Its a slow, smaller mall though. That's the only time I ran into a star whenever I was in the Valley. Its a nice upper middle class to white collar mall, but the selections don't cater to a younger demographic like Topanga Mall does. Its more for older folks.

I've never seen anyone in Northridge Mall, then again its further out so I would understand no one wanting to go out there. Its a decent, middle class mall. Its north of Topanga Mall. Its definitely a young peoples mall.

I would say Panorama Mall is the most ghetto mall in the Valley, you wouldn't be missing anything by not going there. Its so small, your trek in there is complete within much less than 10 minutes. Its in the middle of a predominantly Latino/Hispanic area of the Valley. Its like a Little Mexico in that mall. But the Foot Locker manager who just got transferred there recently is cool because I've dealt with him at a different mall over a year ago.

Sherman Oaks Galleria off the 405 and 101 interchange is not even a mall, don't peep that, its all business spaces and restaurants, a movie theater. There's not any real retail there. I heard it used to be such an awesome, bomb @ss mall during the 80s, peeps from L.A. used to go out there on weekends. But I was way too young during that period to even know. You could see the old indoor version of that mall in old, classic movies like Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Commando, Terminator 2, and other movies filmed there as well. It opened in the very early 80s and was cool throughout that decade. Its decline began in the early 90s. The 1994 Northridge earthquake was the catalyst for its decline. When it reopened later that year, stores started departing. By 1999, it closed officially and reconstruction began. It reopened as the current outdoor incarnation minus retail spots in very early 2002. I wish it was still indoors with the retail, but times and managements change.

The Valley is considered a part of Los Angeles city.

Crenshaw Mall is ghetto, you're not missing anything by not going there. I doubt anyone famous will go there. Its also in a somewhat quieter, secluded area not accessible like that.

Westside Pavilion is more for white collar type of clientele. Nothing for young peeps in that mall. But I actually met Dr. Dre there back in summer 1999.

Century City Mall, same as Westside Pavilion, but its even much more white collar.

To the south of L.A. city is South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach. Its not that cool, its overrun by kids on weekends because there is a movie theater there and many different bus lines that pass through a terminal there. Since kids can't drive, either they're not old enough, their parents can't afford to buy a car for them or the parents are smart to not buy a car for them to wreck, they can only rely on the bus for transportation. That's why many kids from different areas frequent that mall. But its in a nice area, near many beaches.

Further south down the street is Del Amo Mall. That used to be the bomb @ss mall in the 90s. Peeps from L.A. used to go there on weekends because we were burnt out by ghetto @ss Fox Hills Mall. It used to be worth the drive, the mall was practically full occupancy with stores. It was crowded on weekends. Matter of fact, Jackie Brown was filmed there. But its decline began immediately after 1999. It got a little ghetto now. There's many vacancies and really not crowded despite the fact its one of the biggest malls in America. You wouldn't be missing anything there.

The Game frequents Fox Hills Mall, I've seen him a few times since late 2003. I've seen many recognizable peeps in that mall, I done lost track.The coolest rapper I ever met in my life was Method Man back on March 20, 2001. He was really cool.

Many famous people frequent Beverly Center. I've seen a few myself. Parking there is a b!tch. I just park on the streets and walk in to save money.

Wow, I didn't expect such a detailed answer. Y'all got a ton of malls out there. I guess fox hills, Beverly center, topanga and nothridge are the best. You make sound La sound fun back In the day. I'll check out that Mexican mall to cause they prob for a good food court lol. But whatever mall sells trunkfit and vampire life I'm gonna steer clear from lol
Cause that would be the "hood" one....

Did a scavenger hunt today at few big stores (FTL, Champs,..) Each store is getting roughly about 4 per size. That's could easily sum up to roughtly 50pairs per store.

Last edited:
Let the hype began
indifferent.gif
 honestly, what is the world coming to
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hey guyz. Can y'all do whatever needs to be done and report back here on the status of every store in Oklahoma with these? I'm gonna hop in the shower, but if no one replies, I'll check back here every hour for y'all to gimme some answers. Honestly, I wish there was an easier way, but this just seems like the best way to get the info. TIA!

Hey guyz. Can y'all do whatever needs to be done and report back here on the status of every store in Oklahoma with these? I'm gonna hop in the shower, but if no one replies, I'll check back here every hour for y'all to gimme some answers. Honestly, I wish there was an easier way, but this just seems like the best way to get the info. TIA!

On it. Heading on a plane to OKC, Will have a full powerpoint file up. :D

:lol:

I got a pair from my boys local connect for $200... These is actually a decent deal, and I learned my lesson from not doing it for Royal 1 and Blk/Gold 1.

I'm still going to try to grab a pair online, since I have giftcards and coupons. If I succeed then I'll unload these pair for the same price. Don't like paying over retail for my kicks but with the hype on these, it's better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
My local FTL, FNL, and FA stores at the same mall are doing something interesting. They're having you line up to get guaranteed tickets to buy the shoes 7:30 am on release day. I haven't heard of any other places doing this, I'm down in MA near Cape Cod btw
They doing this in Atlanta too, aparently. Thats what the guy in the West End Footlocker and FA told me.

Waited about an hour and only about 20 people were ahead of me and i got my guaranteed 10.5. The game in arizona is so mild
nthat.gif

where did you go? I went to arrowhead mall like 30 min before champs opened there was like 40-50 people in line

Anybody know if HoH Florida Mall is first come first serve like it usually is?
this is what they've been saying all week, 7:30am on Sat. Handing out tix for HOH, Footaction, & Champs. They're not releasing #'s on the pairs they got but the person I spoke to from Champs alluded that there was a very healthy amount they all got in stock.

THIS is what's wrong with sneakers nowadays. No one wants to do the leg work themselves smh!

They been doing line up for tix on release day in ATL. Only 3 spots i know were doing raffles. One pretty much said me and my home girl were good when we got are raffle tix's.

Anyone who has a legit pair of 2013s -

Is the leather the same as the fire red 5's? My fire reds creased really ugly, I know wearing the shoe will make it crease but damn these were on next level ****, really deep and ugly.

Anyone who has a legit pair of 2013s -

Is the leather the same as the fire red 5's? My fire reds creased really ugly, I know wearing the shoe will make it crease but damn these were on next level ****, really deep and ugly.

After about 5 wears my Fire Reds barely creased. Should be the same leather. I don't wear any sneaker shields either.

Ghetto @ss chicks are not sexy period, real talk. There's no such thing as better looking than the other, they're all one in the same, let's be realistic.

The malls in the L.A. area you can see or run into stars are Fox Hills Mall and Beverly Center. They go there the most. Fox Hills since its literally down the street from LAX, and Beverly Center since its near Hollywood and Beverly Hills with nearby hotels or industries relevant things.

You can see rappers or stars in random malls in various areas as well. I heard some stars go to malls in the Valley part of L.A., but I'm hardly in that area since its out of my radius. I heard most of them go to Topanga Mall in Canoga Park from various mall employees there. Topanga Mall is the best mall in the Valley, its upper middle class to white collar, its the marquee mall out there. It caters to young bucks and old folks. Check that mall out if you're in L.A.

I actually met Terrell Owens the day after Christmas last year at Sherman Oaks Fashion Square. Its a slow, smaller mall though. That's the only time I ran into a star whenever I was in the Valley. Its a nice upper middle class to white collar mall, but the selections don't cater to a younger demographic like Topanga Mall does. Its more for older folks.

I've never seen anyone in Northridge Mall, then again its further out so I would understand no one wanting to go out there. Its a decent, middle class mall. Its north of Topanga Mall. Its definitely a young peoples mall.

I would say Panorama Mall is the most ghetto mall in the Valley, you wouldn't be missing anything by not going there. Its so small, your trek in there is complete within much less than 10 minutes. Its in the middle of a predominantly Latino/Hispanic area of the Valley. Its like a Little Mexico in that mall. But the Foot Locker manager who just got transferred there recently is cool because I've dealt with him at a different mall over a year ago.

Sherman Oaks Galleria off the 405 and 101 interchange is not even a mall, don't peep that, its all business spaces and restaurants, a movie theater. There's not any real retail there. I heard it used to be such an awesome, bomb @ss mall during the 80s, peeps from L.A. used to go out there on weekends. But I was way too young during that period to even know. You could see the old indoor version of that mall in old, classic movies like Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Commando, Terminator 2, and other movies filmed there as well. It opened in the very early 80s and was cool throughout that decade. Its decline began in the early 90s. The 1994 Northridge earthquake was the catalyst for its decline. When it reopened later that year, stores started departing. By 1999, it closed officially and reconstruction began. It reopened as the current outdoor incarnation minus retail spots in very early 2002. I wish it was still indoors with the retail, but times and managements change.

The Valley is considered a part of Los Angeles city.

Crenshaw Mall is ghetto, you're not missing anything by not going there. I doubt anyone famous will go there. Its also in a somewhat quieter, secluded area not accessible like that.

Westside Pavilion is more for white collar type of clientele. Nothing for young peeps in that mall. But I actually met Dr. Dre there back in summer 1999.

Century City Mall, same as Westside Pavilion, but its even much more white collar.

To the south of L.A. city is South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach. Its not that cool, its overrun by kids on weekends because there is a movie theater there and many different bus lines that pass through a terminal there. Since kids can't drive, either they're not old enough, their parents can't afford to buy a car for them or the parents are smart to not buy a car for them to wreck, they can only rely on the bus for transportation. That's why many kids from different areas frequent that mall. But its in a nice area, near many beaches.

Further south down the street is Del Amo Mall. That used to be the bomb @ss mall in the 90s. Peeps from L.A. used to go there on weekends because we were burnt out by ghetto @ss Fox Hills Mall. It used to be worth the drive, the mall was practically full occupancy with stores. It was crowded on weekends. Matter of fact, Jackie Brown was filmed there. But its decline began immediately after 1999. It got a little ghetto now. There's many vacancies and really not crowded despite the fact its one of the biggest malls in America. You wouldn't be missing anything there.

The Game frequents Fox Hills Mall, I've seen him a few times since late 2003. I've seen many recognizable peeps in that mall, I done lost track.The coolest rapper I ever met in my life was Method Man back on March 20, 2001. He was really cool.

Many famous people frequent Beverly Center. I've seen a few myself. Parking there is a b!tch. I just park on the streets and walk in to save money.
Keeping the trend alive....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom