Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Returning 2025 !

Material measurements are meaningless if they don’t have the old lasts to build them on. That’s why the Air Max 3 recraft was such a process.

This is what blows my mind. Why not just use the recraft lasts for ALL AM90s. After getting the infrareds I can no longer buy any 90s that aren't that shape, and I don't understand how anyone in the know can look at non-recraft shapes and not see them as disgusting.

This is what blows my mind. Why not just use the recraft lasts for ALL AM90s. After getting the infrareds I can no longer buy any 90s that aren't that shape, and I don't understand how anyone in the know can look at non-recraft shapes and not see them as disgusting.
They’re all still better than they were pre-2020. GR pairs kept much of the recraft shape. The OG colorways got a different sole mold and materials. I don’t believe any of them used special lasts though. I believe they designed the cuts to make them look at close as possible to the OG while still being built on modern lasts. That’s why the mudguards are lower. Small sacrifice. Of course once the campaign ends the QC goes away is all. Which wasn’t really there for infrareds anyway. They were two different toe overlays on those, and unfortunately I got a mismatched left and right.

The fact that we somehow pretend that Nike isn’t wealthy enough to simply buy and/or re-create new OG last is the real crazy part. We’re building in excuses for this company lol. They can make that happen with as much profit that they rake in year over year. It’s an investment they desperately need to make.

And fix the tongue.

Fix the tongue and I’m in

Yea the tongue is the biggest issue on 5’s by far. I’m in either way, but they really do need to go back to that thinner reflective panel with new jumpman.

Worst case, if a 3M Scotchlite material is no longer available to replicate the precise color and finish of the tongue, the very least they can do is thin the damn things out. The way they've been making them, the tongues are like 2 or more times puffier than they should be.

I need the tongue and toe both fixed to buy these. But if they’re re-doing the shape I’m confident we’ll get both. Probably awful materials to make up for getting the shape right.

Worst case, if a 3M Scotchlite material is no longer available to replicate the precise color and finish of the tongue, the very least they can do is thin the damn things out. The way they've been making them, the tongues are like 2 or more times puffier than they should be.
The OD puffiness of the tongue and collar bumps are the worst part about current 5s. I actually don’t care as much about the 3M brightness/finish although I do hope they fix that too.

The OD puffiness of the tongue and collar bumps are the worst part about current 5s. I actually don’t care as much about the 3M brightness/finish although I do hope they fix that too.

Totally agree, but I also care a lot about the finish/color. The correct material just looks like it's dark gray when it's not reflecting light, which I have always thought looked amazing going all the way back to my OGs. Now it looks like a weird shiny satin chrome or something even when light's not hitting it directly.

Easily in if the shape is right. They gotta lower the boom on the puffy look on these. It was too much for me with the 2016 pair. Its the only playoff Jordan I do not have.

Nike doesn’t lose the ability to do anything. They just don’t want to pay the $ and would rather scale using cheaper materials.

The ‘16 scotchbrite was terrible. I say they remold the AJ5 altogether similar to the AJ4 Military.

Nike doesn’t lose the ability to do anything. They just don’t want to pay the $ and would rather scale using cheaper materials.

The ‘16 scotchbrite was terrible. I say they remold the AJ5 altogether similar to the AJ4 Military.
Totally, but all I really meant was, if for whatever reason Nike won’t change the material, at least reduce the absurd puffiness.

I think it's safe to say these will have a better mold. Unloved 1s tweeted a week or two back that the 3s are getting yet another shape revision, and that the 5s were up next to get a "closer to og" shape. I would assume these will be the first pair.

They’re gonna go backwards on the shape, and make em like some unseen tinker sketch. Word to the air max zero.

It’s about time they fix the shape on these. The Reimagined 3s look like lows compared to the OGs. And the elephant print is still too thick. /s

If you got a problem the shape and execution on the last WC3 remimagined retro (not talking about the aged parts) then you just don’t like 3s lol. I mean because that IS the shoe. That’s how they’re supposed to look. I don’t see what they need to do to make them any better.

If you got a problem the shape and execution on the last WC3 remimagined retro (not talking about the aged parts) then you just don’t like 3s lol. I mean because that IS the shoe. That’s how they’re supposed to look. I don’t see what they need to do to make them any better.

Puffier tongue, raise up the elephant print and make the lines darker, replace Nike Air with a Jumpman

I agree, because the elephant print on my pairs are all thin. To even want the cuts more thinner is crazy, because at that point, the elephant print on the 3,s wouldn't even be noticeable that much. Back to the 5,s, the last 2016 retro was actually decent and good in my perspective. There could've been minor tweaks here and there, tomake them somewhat perfect. But judging by these comments, it would have you thinking that they were trash.

Flame Suit on, but the 2020 Fire Reds were perfection to me, from a execution standpoint. That's one of my favorites though. The only improvement, is if they would've used premium top notch Italian leather on them, which we know that a retro wont get.

With that being said, like ive said before, alot of yall are complaining are just complaining for the sake of complaining. I believe that we could get a few 1 of 1 retro,s like the upcoming Bred 85 OG 1,s coming out in 2025, and the majority of yall would still complain about something.

Also, Nike/Jordan Brand could definitely shoot themselves in the foot in the future, with the reshaping of the 3,s and 5,s once again. They'll probably make the toe box of the 5,s with a way more round, over the top shape, similar to the reimagined 4,s blk/cement toe box shape.

I wouldnt be mad at that. But if the reshaping of the upcoming Blk/Cement 3,s consists of having barely noticeable elephant print, in which the elephant print will be even lower than the reimagined 3,s. I wont be feeling that at all. I say that, because alot of the OG 3,s pairs did have super low elephant print, almost to the point, that it was barely noticeable to the eye. It looked like a thin grey line with specs of black cuts on it.

I can see them unintentionally retooling the shape on the 5,s and 3,s so much, to the point the shoes would look drastically different than what we consider normal. Im calling it now, since they're messing with the shapes again, we're getting paper thin elephant prints on the black cement 3,s.

If the elephant print on the reimagined 3,s are too thick, then what have you been seeing on reto 3,s, before they gave us the reimagined 3,s?

Back
Top Bottom