Air Jordan 5 "Oreo"

went to DSG last night and saw em still on display.....I asked if they still had my size and they did(14) so i asked them if i could cancel my order online but they couldn't...oh well but if DSG is still carrying them, that's a sure sign that the hypebeasts didn't care for these, probably because they're a GR. I'm glad though because i like the cw and if these were limited then the beasts would flock and instant sellout in minutes...

I think the colorway played a big factor, nowadays everyone wants to look flamboyant and extravagant, not simple and classy. I'm sure them being a general release was also a part, but I'm leaning more on the colorway being a main reason which is fine with me because I love these shoes. I think the actual hypebeasts were busy with the colorful KD's or Lebron's, I'm not really sure what else dropped within the week besides these Oreo 5's today.

That's whatsup I ended up buying a 2nd pair today for the hell of it to my suprise a lot of stores carried them and they weren't a fast sell out I put in for a raffle and ended up winning so now I got a xtra pair on back up. So when the pair im rockin now in rotation is put to retirement 6 months to a year from now maybe even later I can pull out a fresh pair where more than likely everybody and they mama not rockin em no more

I started collection a year ago all shoes that I wear and like not nothin bought soley off hype I'm sure theirs people who got more than me but my 35 pairs I own all got within the last year all them damn near fresh cuz I take care and have a huge rotation I cycle at least 25 kicks I got 10 DS pairs that I doubled up on kicks that I just love like white cement 4s laney 5s black toungues oreos 5 and so on I plan on wearing all my DS pairs only when I'm finished with the first ones

Man, I wish I would have doubled up on these but I already paid more than retail as it is instead of putting in the 8 raffle tickets I had planned to. I also paid $205 for the Fire Red 5's with the black tongue like a week before the purchasing the Oreo's, my mom was giving me dirty looks as it is lol. But I'd love to have a collection like yours one day, that'd be a dream come true. I mean I want deadstock pairs, but to rock them you feel me? So doubling up would be nice one day. So far the only thing I'm wearing everyday as my beaters since I don't go out much are my all white all black AF1's low tops, I wear one color for a week and so on. I was able to buy the black and gold Spi'zikes for $140 so right now I have those, the Fire Red 5's, and these Oreo's DS. I'm going to wait til I get about 3-5 more pairs before putting any of them in rotation, that way I beat then up less. I'm looking forward to the Taxi's, Black Cat 4's (if they come out at all), and I'm looking to cop the Bred 1's and White Cement 1's those are about $115 - $120 each I believe and they are being slept on. I'm also looking to cop the varsity red or fire red 4's (not exactly spot on with the color name) but those are dope and go well with the majority of my simple clothing. Once I have both 4's I told you right now, the bred 1's, white cement 1's, the Taxi's, I'll start putting them all into circulation with the Oreo's, black and gold Spi'zikes, and the Fire Red 5's. Not to mention whichever 6's that drop that are dope cuz I'm skipping these gamma blue 11's and powdered blue 3's I'm not really into them. I really hope JB puts out some 6's I'm actually feeling or I'll continue to work my way into a collection with prior releases if I find them at the right price.

They were cool before
Now on feet, i need a double. The material feels just like the black material on the fear 4s
Yeah the quality on these were very good can't complain. Doubled up myself.

View media item 673879

I think the colorway played a big factor, nowadays everyone wants to look flamboyant and extravagant, not simple and classy. I'm sure them being a general release was also a part, but I'm leaning more on the colorway being a main reason which is fine with me because I love these shoes. I think the actual hypebeasts were busy with the colorful KD's or Lebron's, I'm not really sure what else dropped within the week besides these Oreo 5's today.
Simplicity is key in my book. Haven't been to much on all that colorful s***. Nice pick up

Simplicity is key in my book. Haven't been to much on all that colorful s***. Nice pick up

That's how I feel, I mean I like some color. I bought the Fire Red 5's with the black tongue and I have the black and gold Spi'zikes, I'd buy the white and red (pretty sure its either varsity red or fire red) 4's, I'd even buy the toro bravo 4's or the red 5's in the Raging Bulls Pack. But, that's because I know I can wear black jeans or blue jeans and a black shirt or white shirt if I'm really trying to match my entire outfit, but I could wear any colored shirt in my closet wuth those shoes and feel confident that my outfit is on point. But if I have to buy a special shirt that I can only wear once because my shoes are grey with pink and purple, some bright green and really light blue then I'd be going out of my element and feel uncomfortable and pretty un confident in them even if the majority of people love the shoes because that's just not me. I have to buy an either white based shoe or black based shoe with one other color that isn't too flashy to know I'm in my comfort zone, I'd buy a grey shoe or a red one, even the yellow lightnings because they have either white, grey, or black as their secondary colors and I'd be within my comfort zone. I'd probably have to wear strictly black jeans and white or black shirts to go with the lightnings but that's pretty much everything in my closet.

Question

How are these fitting for you guys? I'm a 8.5/9 us in almost all shoes. How do the 5's fit?
TTS like the Laney's.

What the resell on these?
Considering they're still sitting in many stores at the moment, retail + Tax. They just came out and pairs of these are everywhere just like the Laney's were. As always though, resellers wanna try to sell any new Jordan Retro for a mint. Was on Kixify about an hour ago and saw some Oreo V's going for $325 
mean.gif
  $300  
mean.gif
 and $260  
mean.gif

Last edited:
I'm not from the "slumz" and this isn't my first Retro Jordan, I respect those who have been doing this longer than me and I definitely agree that this isn't a joke or anything that shouldn't be taken serious because just like anything you have to have a passion for it and be committed to what you love. But, I don't agree with your whole statement just because someone buys a shoe that they are trying to be "OG Jordan Heads." A lot of people don't have enough money to buy every shoe they like on release date and rather be smart and prioritize their responsibilities over everything else. I love Jordans, but I'd definitely pass on a shoe I love if ima be late on my bills or walking around broke. I don't have the collection a lot of you do, not because I don't love Jordan's or because I'm a 'hypebeast" like most people on here would throw around. It's just that growing up my parents could never afford buying a pair of shoe's close to $200 when everyone else was able to. If I was blessed enough I'd get a pair of some fresh either all white or all black AF1 low tops probably once every year or close to a year. If I wanted a variation I would have to choose between the $50 or less Reebok high tops that looked similar to Nike's (don't know their name) I even wore the Stephen Marbury shoes sometimes as well as the Fila's in different colors because they were usually under $60. As the years have gone by I've saved my fair share of money and now I can have the luxury of buying the Jordan's I like whenever they drop cause money ain't a thing when you have money saved up and you have a cushion to be responsible with your bills, buy shoes, and not be broke afterwards. I'm skipping on the gamma blue 11's, powdered blue 3's, and so on cause I'm a simple dude with simple taste. I'm looking forward to the Taxi's, Black Cat 4's whenever they drop if they are done the proper way, and certain 6's, but I'm not into all the colorful stuff like the Bel-Air's for instance, but I love these Oreo 5's, Fire Red 5's with the black tongue and a few others but not the Grapes, Bel Air's, Laneys, etc.
I feel u brother. Well spoken. Its all about buying what u like and wanna wear. A lot of ppl get flamed on here for personal preferences and shoe choices. This is one of the best posts i've ever  read. Everybody aint rich. Guys on here make Jordans a status symbol, like if u don't have the latest release, OG color or certain version of shoe makes u less of a person. Much props to u chicagoguy5

I noticed the black grape V's fit smaller than the white based V's. Hopefully the .5 is good on these.

Just like I said it many many months ago, ther gonna sit just like the stealth X's blk/wht that released a year or two ago.
 probably wont sit 2 long due to the shoe game these days. Those that dont enter raffles or line up , or have bad luck online will have 
a J to cop.

There's gonna be atleast 1 J a year that is gonna sit on shelves for the bumz that are ariving from the slumz to become one of us OG 
Jordan Heads.
Hate it when somebody call themselves OG jordan head..

The more people that love me, the more people that hate me. But I ain't trippin I just do wut I do keep it true to my self they can't faze me..... Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know! Mr. 1218

Wouldn't even cop for everyday beaters. But that's just me. Daaaam all you took it the wrong way I'll say. Anyway congrats to all that got.
The Waaaaaaambulance is a phone call away.

Haha Ozuna23, I bought two of the bel airs, one to wear and one for the stash! Too be honest IMO the Oreos look better to wear than the bel airs with all those crazy colors. My kids asked why daddy has girl shoes! Lmao!

Haha Ozuna23, I bought two of the bel airs, one to wear and one for the stash! Too be honest IMO the Oreos look better to wear than the bel airs with all those crazy colors. My kids asked why daddy has girl shoes! Lmao!
To each there own not trying to knock anyone who got bel airs but with what I wear these were a must. Simple colors white black red blue not to off the wall with my wardrobe.

Back
Top Bottom