Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Its gonna be the same dudes in this thread complaining about the leather on these that are gonna cop the grapes with that same leather come RD..

Exactly ! .... stop complaining and posting 15 times " wow the leather is horrible" " hahah you guys copped this crappy pleather"
yet your gonna cop the Grapes with the same leather :smh:

Cracks me up that people have enough time to come into a thread to complain/throw salt about a shoe they apparently think is garbage and don't like the materials on. I'm guessing half of them talkin haven't even seen em in person. "Glad I didn't cop", "Pleather"..."Oh but best believe I'm coppin' the grapes with the same "pleather" cuz I'm a hypebeast." Haters gonna hate I guess. But....

. WTS!!!

You dudes that take time out of your day to troll in threads for shoes you didn't buy and claim you don't want are hilarious.

Don't know about anyone else but I like my "leather/pleather", prefer these without the 23, and like the icy sole better than the pissy sole.

Its gonna be the same dudes in this thread complaining about the leather on these that are gonna cop the grapes with that same leather come RD..

Exactly!!! I actually have the 2000 retro and I actually hate the soft leather. When it gets old and dirty it is impossible to whiten. And the creases are 100x worse. I think this stiffer leather won't have the same issues.

I need some help with sizing...Do the 2011 Black/Metallic's run the same as these? And how about the earlier V releases? I ask because I usually get an 11 in J's (My foot is inbetween an 11 and an 11.5), but had to settle for a 10.5 in these. I tried them on and they were a perfect fit...I want to get a pair of Black Metallic's in the future, but I wanna know if they run big like these.
I think the 2011 black metallic 5s ran closer to true to size. These fire red 5s are definitely bigger than the black metallic 5s for sure. 

I was at NTSF to pick up my pair size 12 and looked at the pair they brought out to me. On the left foot shoe had a yellow stain on the mesh and i asked to c another one and the lady worker looked pissed....if ya picking up a size 12 make sure u dont get screwed...they brought out another and it was cool....if im paying this much i sure dont want anything wrong with it so they shouldnt be mad!!!

Everyone who have their OG pairs mad that these got retroed trying to convince people their better.  No one wants pissy yellow old shoes over Brand New.  The leather is just FINE.

Last edited:
Cracks me up that people have enough time to come into a thread to complain/throw salt about a shoe they apparently think is garbage and don't like the materials on. I'm guessing half of them talkin haven't even seen em in person. "Glad I didn't cop", "Pleather"..."Oh but best believe I'm coppin' the grapes with the same "pleather" cuz I'm a hypebeast." Haters gonna hate I guess. But....
WTS!!!

QFT

Always lurked it around NT, finally joined.  I was able to pick up a pair from NDC this morning, and my local FL.  

copped, but the quality of these are garbage compared to OG pairs, maybe you guys are hatin' since you don't have an og pair in your hands. but man oh man i seriously just got these cause the box lmfao. Thats the only thing i give these release over the OGs lol

that lace swap looks nice with red instead of white
Yeah, I honestly wasn't all that crazy about these, not too crazy about white shoes in general, but once i got them red laces on there I KNEW I'd be rocking these regularly!

Always lurked it around NT, finally joined.  I was able to pick up a pair from NDC this morning, and my local FL.  
I came in here to say the exact same thing and I almost had the same avatar as you, that's scary.

I can not believe all of the different stories in here. I woke up and went to the movies. I was going to the mall after to buy some new beaters. I had no intentions on copping this release, until I saw them in person. I just bought some Carolina Blue Air Flight 89's Friday and I was just looking for something else. FNL was sold out, but the Champs had two adult sizes left. They had one pair of 8 and another in 10.5. I wear a size 10, but I wanted to see how the 10.5's would feel. The guy at the door gets on his mouthpiece and tells someone else that someone wants to try on the 10.5. He brings it out and asks me if I just want to try them on or buy and I tell him depends on the fit. I tried them on and they watched me very closely. I pulled out some money and counted, as I only brought $179 with me as the rest was spent on the movies. I've never had two workers look at me put on shoes. I heard one of them say in their mouthpieces "He has bread on him." I ended up copping because it came out to $167 and change and the guy didn't even try to up-sell me socks or shoe cleaner. As I was walking out, saw a guy wearing CDP XI's grab the size 8's on display asking the workers if they had any more left. I got there just in time. I copped the shoes around 3:30 pm. I won't make the same mistake with the Grape's, as I'll be there early RD.

Oddly enough, both of my pairs came obviously with the black plastic wrapping, but also with paper wrapping (one pair had that brown, recycled paper, the other had the off-white tissue paper)...

Is it an indication from Nike that maybe the black plastic isn't so good for these? I unwrapped all my Jordans with clear soles anyway, but I'm wondering what you guys think.

Back
Top Bottom