Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Felt like rocking these today.
Nice !

Got these like 2 weeks ago at nike Chicago with the employee discount for $96. These were sitting on the shelfs

Red or white laces?
G]
[/IMG]

I switched my pair to the red laces and will probably wear it with the red for a few times...Its different and it adds color to an all white shoe...OG colorway with a twist.! :smokin

I don't usually like to change an OG but I had to.

Those red laces are terrible LOL

Those red laces are straight clownish!

IMO red laces dont EVER go good with a mainly white upper i mean the black toes have white in the upper but the black and red override the white so thats why it looks fine with red but i only think they look good with red laces if its the black tongue pe again adding the fact and mainly white and red laces dont mix... IMO

At the end of the day its on ya feet and up to you

Red laces look bad IMO.
I never switch out the laces.

wow the hate, sorry for the massive quoting, but c'mon let us red lace switching people live.

I personally feel the red laces add the extra that this shoe needs. but damn... the hate. :smh:

Last edited:
wow the hate, sorry for the massive quoting, but c'mon let us red lace switching people live.

I personally feel the red laces add the extra that this shoe needs. but damn... the hate.
mean.gif
so me saying in my opinion a hundred times and how i see them plus saying it only matters what he thinks is being grouped as hate.... cool

I personally feel the red laces add the extra that this shoe needs. but damn... the hate. :smh:

Yeah you can live, but they're still bad IMHO.

To each his own, do you brother, do you.

:lol:

That way they know if the shoe is cool or not.

Sitting=not cool, which = pass
Sold out=hot, which=damn, I need a pair ASAP!
Which is ridiculous in my opinion.  It really depends on the region you're in.  Some places have them and some don't it is what it is.  

Lol @ people worried about how another grown man laces his shoes...........I mean people post pictures for comments but I think you dudes dwell way to hard on how another man dresses

Dislike and move on instead of take up 3 pages to argue about it

Lol @ people worried about how another grown man laces his shoes...........I mean people post pictures for comments but I think you dudes dwell way to hard on how another man dresses

its not that its that it makes the shoe look :x

i mean, he posted pics, so he's worried or wants approval, not i
people go about things in different ways, yo - not everything subject to your approval either

dat lace swap looks bad
bad meaning bad not bad meaning good - run dmc

Last edited:
Look, I'm just asking your opinion and it was given. I'm not looking for approval. I'll be rockin these shoes so I'm going with the white laces, let em get some wear n put the reds back in. Then the white again.
I don't know why some ppl are getting all worked up about this. They're laces, not a permanent tattoo.

So whats the verdict on the extra blue icy soles, do they yellow slower or at least look better yellowed? Has anyone's soles started to turn?

So whats the verdict on the extra blue icy soles, do they yellow slower or at least look better yellowed? Has anyone's soles started to turn?
I think it's too soon to tell unless someone wore  them everyday since the drop and in rain/snow. I can say that the Oly 6's blue tint was about the same and I have worn those quite a bit since last summer and still look pretty good. I think the blue tint makes it take longer to yellow, goes from blue to a clear-ish yellow, to the dreaded yellowing rather than clear to yellow. Just my experience though. 

Last edited:
I always wonder why they don't mention exactly where they're sitting, so it can help out other people who might want a pair or who want to double up.

And if you stay in Bismark North Dakota, should it be a surprise?

Fire Red V sz 11.5 sitting on a shelf in the ARDEN FAIR MALL in Sacramento, CA. Footlocker / House of Hoops there. It should be on the left right as you walk in on the display shelf. If you see the kids section, you've gone too far.

Call me crazy but I'm actually waiting for the netting on my Fire Reds to yellow before I wear them. The yellowing adds the perfect amount of contrast and an "OG" vibe to an other wise bland upper. I probably won't rock my Fire Reds for another 3 months or so. Believe it or not, I let my V's sit in front of a sunny window from time to time to speed up the process. My Metallics have yellowed and stay in heavy rotation for having done so.

Call me crazy but I'm actually waiting for the netting on my Fire Reds to yellow before I wear them. The yellowing adds the perfect amount of contrast and an "OG" vibe to an other wise bland upper. I probably won't rock my Fire Reds for another 3 months or so. Believe it or not, I let my V's sit in front of a sunny window from time to time to speed up the process. My Metallics have yellowed and stay in heavy rotation for having done so.

Meh I wish I was like you I hate the yellowing of the net

Rockin mine today 
nthat.gif
 Finally
It's casual Friday in the office and the only day of the work week I really get to wear my shoes.  I pulled these down to finally wear em, but then saw my playoff 12's looking so damn nice....I had to save these to wait and unDS another day. 

I'm sure a lot of people have worn their pair, how's the toe box creasing looking after a few wears with no shields or anything?  All my worn previous V's have some ugly looking creases, after only a few hours wear on some, and I didn't expect any better on these but am curious to hear just how bad it is with this years pair.  I still love the mold of the 2013's either way, that shape is
smokin.gif

Pair on the left are 2006's, only worn once when this pic was taken, but have since been worn for about 6 more hours and have some unnatural toe box creasing and paint chipping.  Pair on the right are CDP's and have been worn any and every where, a countless number of times.  They have a few creases and paint chip spots as well
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom