Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

I have to admit, the shape of these is a lot better than the shape of my CDP pair. It's just the blue tinted icy sole that throws it off for me. :\
How's the leather though? :nerd:
Supposedly these have the same leather as the white cement IV's of this year which is ok with me personally. These will be copped.

Supposedly these have the same leather as the white cement IV's of this year which is ok with me personally. These will be copped.

Hmm, Ill be fine with that, but thats gonna make a lot of people unhappy. Lots of grumbling about how rock hard the WC leather was

well damn...

came in to see how bad these were gonna look and see why id stick to my 2000 pairs, ill buy a pair to wear for sure, i NEVER thought id see a V with that toebox shape ever again.

Got these in yesterday.  Very happy.  Great deal and my favorite 5 CW.  I don't anticipate this CW releasing next year.  Sorry for the terrible pic quality. 

Last edited:
Got these in yesterday.  Very happy.  Great deal and my favorite 5 CW.  I don't anticipate this CW releasing next year.  Sorry for the terrible pic quality. 

I hate to be "that guy", but I really hope these don't re-release, at least not for a little while, these are my grail, I'm enjoying the current time of not having the same retro as 5 other people around town. But these are def a strong CW for the V's.

I hate to be "that guy", but I really hope these don't re-release, at least not for a little while, these are my grail, I'm enjoying the current time of not having the same retro as 5 other people around town. But these are def a strong CW for the V's.
I know what you mean. I love these I still have a ds pair and one with the shoe coming off lol. Guess it is almost time to unds them.

Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that a lot of these "hot" colorways were in the countdown packs 4 years ago? Now we all know some of the cdp shoes had horrendous quality but do these 5s seem that much better than those? And what about the black/red 4s and 11s?

Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that a lot of these "hot" colorways were in the countdown packs 4 years ago? Now we all know some of the cdp shoes had horrendous quality but do these 5s seem that much better than those? And what about the black/red 4s and 11s?

Are you saying JB shoudlnt be making these again so soon?
Or are you saying that people didnt buy into the hype as much when the CDP's dropped?

If its the first, then I would say anyone who copped the CDP's was fooled by JB's obvious marketing scheme. PLus it forced you to buy 2 pairs, just to cop one classic. JB claimed that the OG's wouldnt be made available often, but now we see every single OG IV drop in one year alone, and with higher quality too

If its the second, then I would say that there are a lot of young cats who werent really around when all the CDP's dropped, so that would somewhat explain the extra hype now.
However, IMO, the main reason for the extra hype now for the same CDP colors is that buying 2-shoe packs was a rip off and most people knew that and passed

Definitely scooping these up, two pairs for me.

One of my favorites. My '99 pair I demolished.

Didn't buy the CDP, no way I was getting duped into purchasing another pair of the XVIII's (Had two pairs of the OG colorways, didn't need a CDP pair that would've been hard to move).

Ughhhh...I have soleswapped wearable 00 Fire Reds and am about to solewap the 1990 pair I have to..but I want these still.

I may have to grab a pair to beat on a daily basis. This is my favorite Jordan ever (tied with Bred 11s).

old, but havent seen em posted

Excited as hell to add these to my V collection esp after I sold or traded most of my 00, 06 & 07 pairs.

Love that box damn :nthat:

Last edited:
anybody knows the production dates of these? or have an estimate? 

plenty of early pics but no production dates. just interested in how long they were in production.

anybody knows the production dates of these? or have an estimate? 
plenty of early pics but no production dates. just interested in how long they were in production.

brah, we wont know til they release.

dont buy early pairs... just sayin.

^ I agree 100%. Ill pass on these like I did the Olympic 6. I passed because of the midsole change. With sneakers being so expensive I have to really like them to justify the premium price.

^ I agree 100%. Ill pass on these like I did the Olympic 6. I passed because of the midsole change. With sneakers being so expensive I have to really like them to justify the premium price.

To be honest, I prefer the 2012s to the 2000s.

For those not wanting to buy both these and the fire reds (black tongue) I can't imagine JB not releasing both this year.  With the metallics out of the way that leaves only 3 og cw's to release in '13.  I'd bet on a black friday release for the other fire reds.

Back
Top Bottom