Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

only complaint ive heard about this is the leather being sub par. everything else is good

I had them in my cart this morning and was all the way through to the final pay screen. Decided to pass at the last moment because I'm trying to give up Jordans for good. I love 5s and have never owned a pair of Fire Reds, but I just couldn't do it this morning. I hope I don't regret it later.

I was going to cop today. The leather on these......wow.  I passed. The leather quality was not good.

also im sure this has been answered but why did they remove the 23? just curious it doesnt matter to me i still bought them

Because the OG White/Black/Fire Red's that came out first in February 1990 did NOT have the "23". The latter released White/Fire Red/Black V's that came out in November of 1990 did have the "23".

We've just been used to seeing so many of the more recent Retro V's have the "23" that most forget that the OG did not have it. Hope this helps.

If anybody decides to go with red laces please post pics thanks 
grin.gif

Called Champs and FTL at StonesTown Galleria in SF. Champs is sold out of sz 10.5 and FLT did a raffle so I was told to wait til 6pm.
If I can grab them in person, I'll cancel my NDC order or just wait then return them to niketown so I can get my cashback.

If you own the WC 4s from last year, then the quality is the exact same.

Stiff/harder leather than the other 4s of that year.

Has a bit of a shine to the leather.

However, craftsmanship was perfect on my pair.

No extra threads, scratches or glue anywhere.

Thanks. Glad I passed. Hope they get their act together for the black tongued version.

^^^^^^^ Good for you im trying to break that habit myself. hopefully you dont regret it and make a purchase on eaby for slightly above retail

I've got so many other shoes that I'm actually after right now and would wear without any worries that I haven't missed not buying Jordans. Reebok is going to kill my pockets in March when they drop the DMX Runs again.

I've never owned a pair of V's in my life. I've always had bad luck in trying to buy them for years. So this is a very sentimental moment. I'm sure the quality won't match that of prior releases, but I'm just grateful I finally get to own a pair since wanting one as a 14 year old in 1989-90 and my mom telling me NO! lol

Sometimes getting something 23 years later makes it even more special. I cried when Jordan got eliminated by the Pistons in 1989-90 in that 7-game series. I thought he'd never get past Isiah. But I will always remember the memories of him wearing this shoe that season. Thanks to the fam on these boards that posted the links. WIthout your help, my dream to own these would never have been possible. Big props to you guys. I'm thankful you guys are on NT. :D

This is what NT is all about, glad you were able to get them!

I never doubted that MJ would eventually conquer the Pistons even though most NBA "experts"at the time did but it was very frustrating.

I'm glad they didn't put the "23" on these, because I've been waiting for them to do the true first OG's. Last one JB released was since the 2000 Retro V's. The CDP V's from 2008 had the "23" and that was what made me hesitant to buy them then.

Last edited:
I went to my local spot around 3am (opens at 10), they had no 10.5s but they had 1 size 11. So at 6am local time I tried to order online, every site was acting crazy so I just said id wait an hour or so and try again. Tried again on Eastbay around 7:15 and got my size 10.5 for 167.95 shipped!

So when I get up to leave I notice that the sizing chart on the door says their price is 169.99 LOL. Mom n Pops raising the price to SMH, these people dropped 185 on these "retail" after tax

That og is pisss yellow. i rather have the 2013 instead.

Being a 23 year old unwearable shoe, of course they are yellowed. What those have that these 2013s don't is quality leather. These will yellow like all 5s eventually do. Plus no person should ever buy a pair of 5s, 6s or 11s if they are afraid of yellowing or think the shoes are 100% unwearable because of the yellowing

Back
Top Bottom