Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Jordan's are junk, they always been junk. They are nice looking shoes from a design standpoint, but they are junk. I remember the OG 14's I had back in 1999, my wht/blk/blue pair had 2 different soles. Even the original 10s that had the reverse jumpman depending on what Nike factory made them was actually a defect come to think of it. No quality control what so ever.

And u think its only with jordan shoes? The factories in asia are shared with many brands, and back in 1995 jordans are nikes.

i almost slept on these,  glad I didn't  lol .  I was trying to be selective b/c of all the releases coming up and almost passed on these.   Super clean kick

Ok,. I got my Fire Red 5's from NDC, I posted pictures showing the big scratch and the horribly off centered Jumpman. NDC replaced my pair....yes even when they so called sold out. But anyway, they gave me a free gift card and a few other credits on my card. I used that to buy these AF1's that were only $90 retail, but on sale for $56. Now I haven't bought a pair of AF1's since 1999. The quality of these are light years beyond the Jordan 5 which retail is almost double. Nike is on some BS, they are treating us like idiots and we continue to glorify such a horrible brand from a quality stand point. AF1's even came with a card proving they are legit, with a watermark. My wife touched these after touching my Jordan's and said...what the heck are the Jordan's made out of...lol. 

As long as people are still camping out for Jordan's, they have no reason to increase the quality. You got people saying the price of $200 was a great deal because the sneaks have Nike Air on them in another thread. This is all hilarious to me.

That's pretty sad. AF1's and J's have just as much history behind the two of them. If they can make uptowns out of premium quality goods, then they should be able to do the same thing over at JB... 
Yeah if Michael jordan wasnt the cheapest player to ever play the game maybe we could. Seriusly JB is soo greedy

This.

They were retroed from the OG design which were 23-less.

The MJ PE's were released later.

JB made a solid decision by retroeing the orig. over the PE for 2013. IMO

I'm feelin' my pair. Might double up on this EB restock.

I don't know, for some reason i think majority of V's just need that 23 to set them off,, in this case the fire reds need it IMO.

900x900px-LL-34396e5f_5AD601D6-762E-445A-9BFB-752E37B8D49D-14098-0000064A3D4E9E2A_zps7fcf661e.jpeg

Finally picked these up today after two weeks of deliberation. Seeing them in the flesh did it for me. So nice just to go into a store and check them out, try them on and buy them like you would try on a regular shoe. They are so clean and pleased they don't have the 23 on them. Not hating on that but I had the og for my 15th birthday and these remind me of that day and then rocking them at the airport in 1990! That's the thing with retros. For me the closer to the OG the purer the memories. Now what about NA on the back- god I don't think I could bare all the gifs!

Finally picked these up today after two weeks of deliberation. Seeing them in the flesh did it for me. So nice just to go into a store and check them out, try them on and buy them like you would try on a regular shoe. They are so clean and pleased they don't have the 23 on them. Not hating on that but I had the og for my 15th birthday and these remind me of that day and then rocking them at the airport in 1990! That's the thing with retros. For me the closer to the OG the purer the memories. Now what about NA on the back- god I don't think I could bare all the gifs!
Dang bro stores still had them this long after release in your area? The stores in my area sold out the day of release... 

Speaking of Fire Reds, I got a DS pair of the 1990 OGs on ebay for $249 shipped. Plan on soleswapping these soon. Amazing how the mesh on the OGs never yellows. What I dont get is why some DS Vs come with the paper hangtag and some didnt

Speaking of Fire Reds, I got a DS pair of the 1990 OGs on ebay for $249 shipped. Plan on soleswapping these soon. Amazing how the mesh on the OGs never yellows. What I dont get is why some DS Vs come with the paper hangtag and some didnt
pimp.gif

What's up NT, just a heads up to all my Houston folks that missed out on these, Footlocker in the Woodlands is dropping these on the 15th, I was told the store will have 84 pairs fcfs. Don't let my join date and post count fool you lol. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me

Got my pair from size? today. Overall I am pleased with this retro, I thought the tongue would be like the Blk Metallic V's (really thin and just crap), However I was surprised how well done it was. However, with that said I was also a victim of the off centered jumpman, but I really don't care as its only noticeable if your looking real hard *kanye shrug*

Side note: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better with red laces IMO

same on both points. I tried them on once there's this crease spot on the left toe box area 
mean.gif

Haven't actually rocked them because of all the rain here...
Same here. Tried them on for a few mins and got a small crease on the right toe box, but still love this shoe. I picked up 2 pairs but I may return one if I can get the royals.

Back
Top Bottom