Air Jordan 6 OLYMPIC JULY 2012 Now with Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect Timing For These To Release Especially With The 2012 Summer Olympics Coming Up.

Originally Posted by d1ner0

someone mentioned that this version will be suede or nubuck something like the carmine and not the leather from the other retro
That was me, though i did not say that this version would have suede or nubuck. I was rather asking whether it will have the same
tumbled leather like the 2000 version or will it have durabuck/nubuck/suede.

I think with the Durabuck, these would look nice too, but like someone here stated, Durabuck will crumble after a lifespan of

10+ years. It happened on mine 2000 Black/Deep Infareds when i wanted to rub some dirt off on the toes 
frown.gif

I was only 10 when these last dropped man. I know it might not be the same quality but its all i'm gonna know. Love anything in the olympic color scheme. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dric

I was only 10 when these last dropped man. I know it might not be the same quality but its all i'm gonna know. Love anything in the olympic color scheme. 
pimp.gif

I was 11 when i saw the og VI black/infareds at school.My friend had them as the first student in the wholeSchool. While his kicks were breaking necks, iDid not know what jordans were as i was not Watching nba back then. I started in 1993 watchingThe nba finals then mj already retired (for the first time).My very first pair of jordans were the black/reds og VIII.The 2003 retro cannot match qualitywise in termsOf leather and paintjob.

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

Just sold my other pair VNDS
laugh.gif
lol YES!!!!!
This news is just awesome to say the least. I sold the only pair Ive ever owned to my cousin for $325 about a year ago. I only wore em twice and I still
regret it. So needless to say.. I will be double dipping.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

^werent those olympics too?

No -they were just white/navy ...no red (i.e. not USA colors)

oh ok, well id rather have those instead of these but im not going to complain too much cuz they are both fire!

Originally Posted by superpine

I can't wait for these to drop... one of my favorite pairs of jordans ever

Its about time.
These will look good next to my carmines (which I copped from the outlet in '08)
smile.gif

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

This is a PM to me from someone has been around for awhile. 

I'm using this for information purposes, I hope you don't mind man:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The decline was gradual. It started before I noticed it I guess.[/font] 
I mean, the retros never quit looked like the originals; the 99 4's were lower cut for example. Looking back on it, the 2000 AJ5 retros
had different insoles than the originals, not a quality issue but a change nonetheless. In 2001, the 3's started to get cut shorter & the
AJ1's definately started to look differently. I think the 2001 AJ1's (with jumpman on insole) was a turning point that goes unnoticed.
But all those changes were so small, it wasn't a problem for me.

People complained about the tongues on the 99 4's, especially the wht/blk being way too tall like bunny ears.

I guess I started to agree with people that things were changing when the 2003 w/c 3's came out with no f*ckin nike air and
a pebbled tongue which was all new for AJ3s. Ya the 01 TB3 was an og colorway and got the 1st ogcw -> jumpman treatment but it wasn't known
that it would be a long term change until the 03 wc.  Oh word? It was becoming harder for me to brush off criticisms as sour grapes.

But when the 04 AJ2 retro dropped, with the red piping which was absent on the ogs and 95s and the silloutte looking shrunken like
a toy replica - I started to not like what I was seeing. (Even though I did buy them.)

So end of 03/beginning of 04 is when the changes added up to me as a negative trend or decline. 04 is when they changed the open-cell
p.urethan midsoles to what we have now - the ones that won't crack but can't hold paint and can be noticabley uncomfortable.

I see some say a decline pt. of 2005 (and there were scattered decent ones then) - but I say a year or two before that. The 2003 wc 3
might be the last JB retro that was still holding on to some type of resemblence in quality to the ogs.

And ya know, 10 years+ ago when all these little changes started, we couldn't stare at online pics from 100 different sources all day long to even realize everything like one can now. I'll admit right now I didn't realize the TB3 was an og colorway until shortly after the retro in 2001.
Never saw or remembered it from 88 though I had the og w/c 3s! If you didn't have the og and the retro in front of you back then, it was harder to 
trend the difference.

this is true, JB quality has been on the decline. They ruined everything. When I would wear my '99 4's I would think about how comfortable these are. JB quality still isn't good. Yea they fixed the paint chipping and cracking but they're raising price so damn much for no reason. If I wear any recent retros my feet start hurting. It seriously has me thinking not twice, but three or four times before purchasing a retro for $150 plus CA tax and starting next year $160 (I believe it's $160). We have to draw a line somewhere, unfortunately most present day shoe heads wont draw it until god knows what price. JB is literally taking advantage of us and I'm tired of it. People think the "cement 4's" of 2012 look good, if those would have release in years passed people would be claiming they were fakes. It goes to show how badly things have changed.

I hope they make these nubuck just to protect the value of the 2000 pairs.lol.i just bought two pairs last year both ds for a ridiculous amount of money off eBay,Now I find out this.....I definitely wouldn't mind picking these up to actually wear though oh well should've seen it coming,jb will eventually retro EVERYTHING.bring back Seattle X's!

Originally Posted by Tenorio88

I hope they make these nubuck just to protect the value of the 2000 pairs.lol.i just bought two pairs last year both ds for a ridiculous amount of money off eBay,Now I find out this.....I definitely wouldn't mind picking these up to actually wear though oh well should've seen it coming,jb will eventually retro EVERYTHING.bring back Seattle X's!
laugh.gif
 How selfish and stupid. Glad you won't get your way

kmeps.gif%20%20%20%20

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

kmeps.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom