Air Jordan 6 OLYMPIC JULY 2012 Now with Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
midsole change .? not the same
30t6p3b.gif

if this happen , hopefully no material change either .

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

OF COURSE JORDAN BRAND IS CASHING IN ON RETROS WHILE WE ARE STILL INTERESTED BEFORE WE MOVE ON. LOOK AT WHAT'S RELEASING NEXT YEAR. I'M GONNA GO AHEAD AND SAY THAT 2011-2012 WILL BE THE BEST YEARS FOR RETROS. NOT QUALITY WISE BUT AS FAR AS THE DIVERSITY OF RETROS AND "GRAILS" THAT ARE RELEASING.

WHITE CEMENT 3
PLAYOFF 13
METALLIC 5
BLACK CEMENT 3
BANNED 1
LAST SHOT 14
CONCORD 11
CHICAGO 10
WHITE CEMENT 4
PLAYOFF 12
OBSIDIAN 12
OLYMPIC 6
COLUMBIA 11

sick.gif

4 OF THE ABOVE SHOES ARE IN 99% OF COLLECTORS GRAILS. I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHICH 4 THOSE ARE. TELL ME JORDAN BRAND ISN'T TRYING TO CASH IN AS MUCH AS THEY CAN RIGHT NOW....THIS IS UNHEARD OF FROM PREVIOUS YEARS.

REMEMBER THOSE DAYS OF COPPING 2 PAIRS, FLIPPING 1 PAIR AND YOUR PAIR IS BASICALLY FREE? GONE.

ONLY THING RE-SELLING FOR ANYTHING WORTHWHILE ARE LIMITED RELEASES. DB'S, BIN23. A LOT OF PEOPLE STARTING TO MOVE ON. ME INCLUDED. I UNDERSTAND THE ARGUMENT ELCERRITO.

Well, i remember the times when most peopleHere complained about having way too manyNew retro colorways and not enough og colorways.sure, when i wear my og xii white/taxis orOg xiii allstargames most people cannot seeAny difference to the retros unless u takeCloser looks.But most ogs are not wearable anymore orAlso some too valuable to be worn nowadays.So im glad that jb brings out many og colorwaysout again. And yeah, shoes are meant to worn likeCars are meant to be driven, planes to beFlown.If u have the cash to buy old ogsTwice (one for storage as ds and oneFor wearing), good for you.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

God. I was kinda hoping you disappeared off this site for good.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
 QFT
Just wait for the "will be getting these off swoosh" post, it's almost automatic

2 cornballs on here for a year with almost 4k posts a piece, sit down rookies.Y'all are familiar with Oreo VI's, not Olympic VI's.
Jada, because if they have one year membership with almost 4K post dosen't mean that they are rookies. I'm pretty sure that they were collecting WAY BEFORE they were on NT members or they had different user names in the past or been long-time lurkers. The only reason that I'm saying this is because I have been a member for almost a year and a half and I have just under 340 post and I was buying Jordan's since 2000, when I was I college and nike shoes since 1994 since I was in Middle School. I been lurking since 2002. NO ROOKIES HERE! The bottom line is that post count and membership status is pretty much irrelevant.

^^ I agree. Been collecting since 95. Lurking on NT since 99. Only got a membership in 07.

Don't let the post count fool ya!

Can't wait for these to release...I just hope they fix the midsole color blocking.

Originally Posted by scoop99

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

laugh.gif
 QFT
Just wait for the "will be getting these off swoosh" post, it's almost automatic

2 cornballs on here for a year with almost 4k posts a piece, sit down rookies.Y'all are familiar with Oreo VI's, not Olympic VI's.
Jada, because if they have one year membership with almost 4K post dosen't mean that they are rookies. I'm pretty sure that they were collecting WAY BEFORE they were on NT members or they had different user names in the past or been long-time lurkers. The only reason that I'm saying this is because I have been a member for almost a year and a half and I have just under 340 post and I was buying Jordan's since 2000, when I was I college and nike shoes since 1994 since I was in Middle School. I been lurking since 2002. NO ROOKIES HERE! The bottom line is that post count and membership status is pretty much irrelevant.
I agree, also people can get their post counts up in the general or music sections for example though, so you can't just assume that users with a lot of posts know what they're taking about or are experienced with shoes either......I usually go by join date for credibility unless I know from observation that a newer user knows their stuff or is credible.
THANKS MEMPHISSFINEST

2012 is looking like a promising year. Only thing I ask JB please step up the quality.

Give me the same quality leather used on the Motorsport VI, banned I's or Quai V's and I'm happy.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by scoop99

I agree, also people can get their post counts up in the general or music sections for example though, so you can't just assume that users with a lot of posts know what they're taking about or are experienced with shoes either......I usually go by join date for credibility unless I know from observation that a newer user knows their stuff or is credible.
THANKS MEMPHISSFINEST

lol I have a lot of posts because I post a lot in general, nike, and here (not as much as I used to), not to mention this is my second name (originally joined in 06)  But he isn't smart enough to comprehend something like that, he has seniority here 
eyes.gif

Anyways, back to the shoes!

Why do I get the feeling that JB Quality pre 2005 just simply CANNOT be as good as yall are making it out to be

Dudes would rather walk around in piss yellow soles and midsoles damn near dragging on the ground next to the upper before they just cave in and buy some 2011s, 2012s, 2010s, what have you

What are yall doing to these shoes for them to mess up on yall like this?

Originally Posted by BronLe

Why do I get the feeling that JB Quality pre 2005 just simply CANNOT be as good as yall are making it out to be

Dudes would rather walk around in piss yellow soles and midsoles damn near dragging on the ground next to the upper before they just cave in and buy some 2011s, 2012s, 2010s, what have you

The quality pre 2005 was good, although it wasn't as perfect as many would lead you to believe. Messy paint jobs go back as far as the early 90s (my original Black/ True Red had a somewhat shoddy paint job). 2000 retro VIs had a paint paint crack proble, as well as the VIIIs from 2003. 2000 XIs came pre-yellowed and the Columbias and Concords lacked the blue tint from the OGs. And 1995 XIs had erratic patent leather cuts.

Originally Posted by sthebest

The quality pre 2005 was good, although it wasn't as perfect as many would lead you to believe. Messy paint jobs go back as far as the early 90s (my original Black/ True Red had a somewhat shoddy paint job). 2000 retro VIs had a paint paint crack proble, as well as the VIIIs from 2003. 2000 XIs came pre-yellowed and the Columbias and Concords lacked the blue tint from the OGs. And 1995 XIs had erratic patent leather cuts.

For me the last really good year was 2001. After thatJb started not to divide the look between retro+And og style retros.The leather used were also ok, but the 2001 XI black/redsWere already less good in quality compared to the Previous XI retros (the smooth leather at the heel isDifferent and the jumpman jordan lettering is lessAccurate than before).The aj 1 black/reds and black/royals were also thelast jordan retros with the nike logo in the insoles.So from my point the jordan retros from 2002 to 2008 are the worst in terms of quality.Best retro years were 1994, 1999 and early 2000.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

For me the last really good year was 2001. After thatJb started not to divide the look between retro+And og style retros.The leather used were also ok, but the 2001 XI black/redsWere already less good in quality compared to the Previous XI retros (the smooth leather at the heel isDifferent and the jumpman jordan lettering is lessAccurate than before).The aj 1 black/reds and black/royals were also thelast jordan retros with the nike logo in the insoles.So from my point the jordan retros from 2002 to 2008 are the worst in terms of quality.Best retro years were 1994, 1999 and early 2000.
I hear where you're coming from. But the Black/Red and Black/Blue 1s had jumpman on the insoles, not Nike Air (I had both). The last retro to have Nike Air on the insole was Black/Cement III if Im not mistaken. From my experience, the quality started changing for the worse in 2002. The midsole on the IXs had a tendency to crack and chip, the Raptor VIIs looked DRAMATICALLY different from their OG counterpart (different mold altogether and a one tone upper instead of a two toned one), and there started being fewer original colorways coming out (I only remember Black/White IXs, Olive IXs, and Raptor VIIs as the original colorways that came out that year). And in 2003, we finally got White/Cement IIIs with good quality leather and better padding, but the midsole chipped quickly. Also, on the VIIIs, the leather was subpar at best and those too had BAD midsole chipping problems.
I started getting heavier into the brand around summer 2004 after the Olympic VIIs dropped but I've had most of the most desired retros and can say quality was good back then but could have been better.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

I hear where you're coming from. But the Black/Red and Black/Blue 1s had jumpman on the insoles, not Nike Air (I had both). The last retro to have Nike Air on the insole was Black/Cement III if Im not mistaken. From my experience, the quality started changing for the worse in 2002. The midsole on the IXs had a tendency to crack and chip, the Raptor VIIs looked DRAMATICALLY different from their OG counterpart (different mold altogether and a one tone upper instead of a two toned one), and there started being fewer original colorways coming out (I only remember Black/White IXs, Olive IXs, and Raptor VIIs as the original colorways that came out that year). And in 2003, we finally got White/Cement IIIs with good quality leather and better padding, but the midsole chipped quickly. Also, on the VIIIs, the leather was subpar at best and those too had BAD midsole chipping problems.
I started getting heavier into the brand around summer 2004 after the Olympic VIIs dropped but I've had most of the most desired retros and can say quality was good back then but could have been better.

This is a PM to me from someone has been around for awhile. 

I'm using this for information purposes, I hope you don't mind man:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The decline was gradual. It started before I noticed it I guess.[/font] 
I mean, the retros never quit looked like the originals; the 99 4's were lower cut for example. Looking back on it, the 2000 AJ5 retros
had different insoles than the originals, not a quality issue but a change nonetheless. In 2001, the 3's started to get cut shorter & the
AJ1's definately started to look differently. I think the 2001 AJ1's (with jumpman on insole) was a turning point that goes unnoticed.
But all those changes were so small, it wasn't a problem for me.

People complained about the tongues on the 99 4's, especially the wht/blk being way too tall like bunny ears.

I guess I started to agree with people that things were changing when the 2003 w/c 3's came out with no f*ckin nike air and
a pebbled tongue which was all new for AJ3s. Ya the 01 TB3 was an og colorway and got the 1st ogcw -> jumpman treatment but it wasn't known
that it would be a long term change until the 03 wc.  Oh word? It was becoming harder for me to brush off criticisms as sour grapes.

But when the 04 AJ2 retro dropped, with the red piping which was absent on the ogs and 95s and the silloutte looking shrunken like
a toy replica - I started to not like what I was seeing. (Even though I did buy them.)

So end of 03/beginning of 04 is when the changes added up to me as a negative trend or decline. 04 is when they changed the open-cell
p.urethan midsoles to what we have now - the ones that won't crack but can't hold paint and can be noticabley uncomfortable.

I see some say a decline pt. of 2005 (and there were scattered decent ones then) - but I say a year or two before that. The 2003 wc 3
might be the last JB retro that was still holding on to some type of resemblence in quality to the ogs.

And ya know, 10 years+ ago when all these little changes started, we couldn't stare at online pics from 100 different sources all day long to even realize everything like one can now. I'll admit right now I didn't realize the TB3 was an og colorway until shortly after the retro in 2001.
Never saw or remembered it from 88 though I had the og w/c 3s! If you didn't have the og and the retro in front of you back then, it was harder to 
trend the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom