Air Jordan 6 OLYMPIC JULY 2012 Now with Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

What are you guys happy about?

I've hardly ever argued about quality (I just choose to not purchase so I can avoid the ultimate disappoint that would ensue).

Yes, they're retro-ing BUT...

- Midsole change (already pointed out)
- Crappy leather and quality (if you've never owned or had the chance to see and feel the quality of a pair from 2000, I expect you to be happy with anything.)

Why can't we argue for quality associated with the "banned 1" release? Give or take a year before that release, the "strap 1's" had semi hype but were never near the reselling prices of the banned pairs. You'd think JB would get the hint, consumers are willing to pay more for quality.

In the end, the cycle will not be broken. JB will continue to give us garbage quality and consumers will just eat it up. All those that appreciate the quality and craftsmanship of years before will have nothing but memories to reminisce... Any retro they make now does no justice to the original shoe or original retro they're modeled after.

You can call this 2012 release whatever you want, but these will never be real Olympics.

5889248420_bed8424a13_b.jpg

[/rant]
grin.gif
complaining about a shoe no one has seen other then a computer rendering?

indifferent.gif

I've hardly ever argued about quality (I just choose to not purchase so I can avoid the ultimate disappoint that would ensue).

- Crappy leather and quality (if you've never owned or had the chance to see and feel the quality of a pair from 2000, I expect you to be happy with anything.)

Why can't we argue for quality associated with the "banned 1" release? Give or take a year before that release, the "strap 1's" had semi hype but were never near the reselling prices of the banned pairs. You'd think JB would get the hint, consumers are willing to pay more for quality.

In the end, the cycle will not be broken. JB will continue to give us garbage quality and consumers will just eat it up. All those that appreciate the quality and craftsmanship of years before will have nothing but memories to reminisce... Any retro they make now does no justice to the original shoe or original retro they're modeled after.

You can call this 2012 release whatever you want, but these will never be real Olympics.

5889248420_bed8424a13_b.jpg

[/rant]
grin.gif
You sound mad that you dropped $400-$600 and now theyre are going to be worth considerably less. A few things worth mentioning
1.) have you ever heard of early samples? Reverse Infrared VIs, alternate French Blue XIIs, black cement IIIs with nubuck, and the list goes on. These will release with the correct midsole

2.) while the leather on these were quite good (it was the same as the Laneys and Midnight Blues, both of which I had), its not like the feel can't be replicated. More than likely they will use the same tumbled leather from the Oreos or White/Cement IIIs, which was quite good.

I love older retros as much as the next person but this sneaker elitism has to come to an end. After those monstrosities that released in 2008, im glad the REAL olympics are coming back out. sports cards, comic books, and classic car designs get retroed all the time. get used to it.

#mytwocents

Originally Posted by BronLe

[/rant]
grin.gif
complaining about a shoe no one has seen other then a computer rendering?

indifferent.gif

This.

And to the guys complaining about the midsole, JB still has time to fix it. Lets not forget what recently just happened with the white and cement iv's. JB is definitely paying attention to what's said on this site and I'm confident the midsole issue will be corrected.

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

Sweeeet,just in time for the summer Olympic.
ooo yeah i forgot next year is the oly 
but im saying they need to change the midsole asap

Originally Posted by go rilla

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam 1013

Nice. Ty 4 da info.
he means the one pic and link to your website so you can generate traffic for it
go rilla can you send me your avy original. i don't think she fits into the allocated space

been waiting for these to pop up again.. kinda surprised its next year considering how many vi's dropped in 2010..  now if they will only release the september blue vi's 
pimp.gif
, then i would be a very happy man..  can't wait to see real pictures of the actual shoes to see what materials are used and how they turn out.. 
nerd.gif

i cant wait to get a pair of these.

i still have a deadstock icey pair from 2000

3 of the best shoes of all time releaseing in 2012

cement 4's
olympic 6's
chicago 10's

cant wait to see what 's next..............................................peace23

Can't wait to see final version before I commit but I know I will get them since the vi's r my favorite. Now give me maroon and sport blue's to complete the collection so can retire after 2012.

i swear... some of yall will never be satisfied....
Quality.... what does that mean when some of you have your shoes DS???? Like really....

and please.... 

Don't try to educate me with quality... 

been buying shoes since way back when quality was amazing... 

NT since the beginning, and this is something that every old head has already relished and accepted by force... 

Its the newbies that just recently bought the old joints a while back and now are complaining that quality isnt the same....

get outta here with that. That record has already been played non-stop.... 

grin.gif
  As an owner of the 2000s, Im honestly alittle upset about this. I hope the retro is hella limited, but I doubt they will be.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

grin.gif
  As an owner of the 2000s, Im honestly alittle upset about this. I hope the retro is hella limited, but I doubt they will be.

SHUT THE _ _ _ _ UP. Theses should b
pimp.gif

grin.gif

Why? Everybody that couldn't get them in 2000 should have a chance to get them without paying an arm and a leg for them! I'm glad I will finally be able to get a pair of these. I was deployed when they came out and trying to find size 15's after R/D sucks!

grin.gif
I know exactly how you feel..

lmfao at some of yall talking about how the quality will suck yet you have deadstock pairs sitting in the closet. Trying to put the quality thru the test of time or something? What's the point? smh. forget having to also worry about some old J's cracking when you wear em. Give me a fresh new pair any day.

Originally Posted by never wear them

i swear... some of yall will never be satisfied....
Quality.... what does that mean when some of you have your shoes DS???? Like really....

and please.... 

Don't try to educate me with quality... 

been buying shoes since way back when quality was amazing... 

NT since the beginning, and this is something that every old head has already relished and accepted by force... 

Its the newbies that just recently bought the old joints a while back and now are complaining that quality isnt the same....

get outta here with that. That record has already been played non-stop.... 
THIS.

Ive had my fair share of OGs (and don't even hit hit me with that "you're only settling" talk..Ive had at least one colorway of the original Jordan 1-14. only exceptions being IIIs, IVs, Vs, VIIIs & IXs) and am GLAD quality releases are coming back out.  for you guys who own the 2000s, yeah it sucks you wasted so much money on a older pair but at least you have the ORIGINAL release with high quality leather.  for you to keep certain colorways unretroed because you have them is selfish. The new generation deserves to enjoy them as much as you have throughout the years.

And if you do own these, just thank god that you will have wearable pairs for years to come to pass on to your kids. On another note, I guess now that theyre running out of OG colorways to retro, theyre going to retro the retro+ colorways. It will feel good seeing Laneys, Midnights, French Blues, Oreos, and Navy/Columbias on shelves again. I much prefer this era of Jordan Brand as opposed to 2007-2009 (crappy colorways such as the DTRT IIIs and Ice Blue VIIIs, paint cracking galore, and god awful clothing shoved down our throats).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom