Air Jordan 7 “Flint Grey “ Spring 2021

IG pic

swoosh_head23_instakeep_24d110fb.jpg

Had a pair back in the day but this new shade is definitely throwing them off...

Hopefully I'm able to grab a pair and if I don't like them I'll just send them back

I wonder how quick these will move on release day. I remember the more recent pairs of 7s like the Ray Allens sat and even went on sale but then again that was before covid and this a much more sought after colorway.

Can people who really know the VIIs give me a breakdown of the bad shape problems?

Unlike the terrible IVs for example, Ive never really been able put my finger on what seems wrong about most retro VIIs

Yeah I don't see it either. Slightly off, but not nearly as butchered as other models. OGs seem more narrow and less bulky than the mid -late 00s retros. The more recent retros have improved on this, but it's still a bit off.

I've lost track of what the actual OG shape but to my mind its close to 03 Olys and closer to a Jordan VI shape like the Infrared VI toe box on the 2019 pair. Based on that: 1. The heel shouldn't lean in as much and 2. The toe box shouldn't be this lumpy looking puff.

I think 2015 Bordeaux were like that.

Got these back when the flints originally released. They are the highest quality basketball shorts I've ever had. The materials are great and the shorts are heavy as hell. I'd probably drown if I went swimming in these.

I think they were around $70 back then, they'd probably be around $100+ nowadays if they retroed with this quality. :lol:

20210410_124450.jpg

20210410_124604.jpg

I prefer the shape from the early 2000’s which is def more triangular. Since the CDP’s, we’ve been getting a slight triangle shape with a banana curve at the toebox.

This is an image I found online of the 2002 retro. I think that would be my ideal shape.
7B321ACE-DCD6-458E-A172-BA6653A14C20.jpeg

I posted these in another thread. These are 2002s. It's not the OG shape. The OG shape is really slim and has huge wings.

I like this shape too though, this pair has a great toe. The toe is super-sleek, it has that downward slope that a lot of OG Jordans had. At least my pair does, idk if they all did in 2002.
20210401_191216.jpg

I notice the flints doesn’t have that toe bump so it might be a cop for me it’s just so much heat dropping !

Back
Top Bottom