Air Jordan 7 Retro “Hare” - May 16, 2015

Can yall really believe it's been 8 years since the CDP series?

Man, time flies. I'm getting old.
I was working at Footaction during the CDP era...employee appreciation 50% off, packs for $150, wow. a good amount of them sat too, I remember the 1/22 pack going down to $99 and some dude cleaned house on a friends & family.

the 7/16 pack sat at our store for quite a bit, one girl got fired because she was tryna hide a pair to sneak out the backdoor for her boyfriend

edit: I remember a rumor flying around for a bit of people believing that the CDP's were the last time we would ever get retros

Last edited by a moderator:

I was working at Footaction during the CDP era...employee appreciation 50% off, packs for $150, wow. a good amount of them sat too, I remember the 1/22 pack going down to $99 and some dude cleaned house on a friends & family.

the 7/16 pack sat at our store for quite a bit, one girl got fired because she was tryna hide a pair to sneak out the backdoor for her boyfriend

edit: I remember a rumor flying around for a bit of people believing that the CDP's were the last time we would ever get retros
You know what's funny is that I heard that same rumor. I remember employees at Footaction telling me this was the last time they were gonna retro. I also heard that the 23 was going to be the last Jordan released lol. 

You know what's funny is that I heard that same rumor. I remember employees at Footaction telling me this was the last time they were gonna retro. I also heard that the 23 was going to be the last Jordan released lol. 
yea haha some customers were on it, picking up every pack, $310 a month, of course in retrospect, that's a bargain for two pairs of Jordans haha 

The reality is the average shoe "collector" is not very bright or conscious of the big picture. "I'll be broke for 5 days, but I got dat heat on my feet and all the IG likes". NT may have more of these dopes than any other type.

Not sure if you're directing that toward me, but I collect my favorite shoes, and my love for them has nothing to do with trying to gain attention. Jordan Brand could easily maintain high quality craftsmanship, but that doesn't happen because they know most people will purchase them without filing any complaints.

That's what most of this place does... complain. In the adult world, most people just avoid stuff that they don't like the quality of or are bothered by on a weekly basis. Here, it just means dudes sit here all day and complain even more as time goes on. They're... shoes. Just shoes. If you don't like the quality of Nike's product, stop buying it and move on. Complaining every week about glue or a scuff makes a good portion of this site seem mentally challenged.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out production issues on a forum dedicated to shoes. I'd rather see people speak up about these issues, than whether or not they were able to cop, or about how they managed to get a grip of pairs, and how easy it was. You may not realize this, but shoe companies keep an eye these forums.

It is impossible to make 500k of perfect flawless shoes.

It's not far-fetched for Nike to make sure the products they're producing live up to market standards. Do you even realize how little it costs them to produce a pair of these? One of the main reasons for this price increase was to assure we were getting a product that doesn't look like it was sloppily thrown together.

That's what most of this place does... complain. In the adult world, most people just avoid stuff that they don't like the quality of or are bothered by on a weekly basis. Here, it just means dudes sit here all day and complain even more as time goes on. They're... shoes. Just shoes. If you don't like the quality of Nike's product, stop buying it and move on. Complaining every week about glue or a scuff makes a good portion of this site seem mentally challenged.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out production issues on a forum dedicated to shoes. I'd rather see people speak up about these issues, than whether or not they were able to cop, or about how they managed to get a grip of pairs, and how easy it was. You may not realize this, but shoe companies keep an eye these forums.
It's repetitive and worthless. If you can't see that this company has always had poor craftmanship and gradually found cheaper and cheaper materials to use in as many of its products as possible, you're ignorant to the situation. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing expecting different results. And let's not even get into the reasons why it was easier to source premium leather to meet demand in 1985 vs now. Same complaints about the same company and still buying no matter what. If an outsider looked at this place they'd just shake their heads at how stupid it is.

You don't have to buy them....

Not happy just return them... (what don't wanna feel left out the i copped group or something)

don't complain then keep a product you are not happy with 

its not food, water, or shelter 

keeping something you are not happy with... then complaining.....then here on the next hyped release saying can't wait to cop well....

That's a true sheep of Nike or Any Brand 

Plenty other shoes to get into maxes, ones, or other brands SON

Problem being, these things cost nearly as much as a month's worth of groceries. Your outlook is similar to that of the typical American, "if you don't like it here, go somewhere else." No, stand up, speak out, and try to bring on the change that's needed to make things right.

LOL @ trying to compare making real change in the world to forcing companies' hands by complaining. You want to force a company's hand, you boycott them. And yet here you guys are, posting photos of your Hares. :rofl:

Inspired by the pictures by @travtvo, I decided to bring out the DSLR and take some shots of my pair.  I was disappointed at first with the smudge on the toe box, but I got over it quick after this photo session.

Always give thanks for the blessings that you receive.

There are worse things out there in the world besides dirty sneakers.

On to the next release...

Last edited:
LOL @ trying to compare making real change in the world to forcing companies' hands by complaining. You want to force a company's hand, you boycott them. And yet here you guys are, posting photos of your Hares. :rofl:

Boycotting them will do nothing, they still sellout. Nike needs to take responsibility for pushing subpar craftsmanship to its customers. My comparison isn't far off, it just shows how most people will bend over and take it without putting up a fight.

Boycotting them will do nothing, they still sellout. Nike needs to take responsibility for pushing subpar craftsmanship to its customers. My comparison isn't far off, it just shows how most people will bend over and take it without putting up a fight.
Nike doesn't need to do anything. No one holds them accountable with their wallet. You don't have solutions, you just want to justify complaining about it. And the thing is, for those of us who had the shoes in the 90's, while the materials may have had better leather/suede/nubuck, many of the models had bad glue stains, shoddy craftsmanship, and even poor design (looking at the toe box coming apart on the OG XII, the XIV shark teeth separating after a couple of practice in them, etc.). Like I said, it's insane to think a company that has had poor quality control for decades would suddenly do a 180 at the height of their success.

Last edited:
Nike doesn't need to do anything. No one holds them accountable with their wallet. You don't have solutions, you just want to justify complaining about it. And the thing is, for those of us who had the shoes in the 90's, while the materials may have had better leather/suede/nubuck, many of the models had bad glue stains, shoddy craftsmanship, and even poor design (looking at the toe box coming apart on the OG XII, the XIV shark teeth separating after a couple of practice in them, etc.). Like I said, it's insane to think a company that has had poor quality control for decades would suddenly do a 180 at the height of their success.

I can't recall any of the Jordans I had growing up having so many flaws straight out of the box. I know this for a fact because I'm OCD, and manufacturer defects on any purchase have always been a huge pet peeve of mine. In case you think you're speaking to a child, I'll be 34 in September.

I can't recall any of the Jordans I had growing up having so many flaws straight out of the box. I know this for a fact because I'm OCD, and manufacturer defects on any purchase have always been a huge pet peeve of mine. In case you think you're speaking to a child, I'll be 34 in September.
 Watch this video, look at the OG's, they have glue stains all over them.

Recollection is a funny thing...

My ogs nikes and jordans were never jacked up. Only jacked up shoe i can recall i ever bought was the garnett 1.

Problem being, these things cost nearly as much as a month's worth of groceries. Your outlook is similar to that of the typical American, "if you don't like it here, go somewhere else." No, stand up, speak out, and try to bring on the change that's needed to make things right.
no the shoes a freaking luxury item tbh...

you can go somewhere else the company doesn't care others will buy.... 

this ain't political this is a shoe, which many consumers have spoken up about yet they have done nothing in the past since forever really these shoes have always had bad craftsman's ship my dude

let it go you seem unhappy take your dollar and put into something else which will bring you more joy, cause there are lines of kids outside that love their glue marks and scuffed Jordan's.

as for price ur proving my point they are not food or water just a item to "collect" as you say. you can live with or without them

dang i have return shoes of really bad quality then sport blue 6's and the fire red 4's they were trash dude.... so as stated return them and move on

many preach that change the game ish and guess what to many people happy buying their expensive shoes that are just that shoes........ nothing to start a march about just don't buy and get a new hobby sir 

My ogs nikes and jordans were never jacked up. Only jacked up shoe i can recall i ever bought was the garnett 1.

Back in the day -- 1990 actually -- I bought the white/fire red V (not the PE.)
The owner of the shop brought my size out (men's size) and proceeded to tell me that there was a slight black smudge on the collar.
Aside from telling me that before I even opened the box, he added that he would sell them to me for $80, out the door.
I paid the man, dipped, and wiped the "smudge" off when I got home.
I bought from that man til he closed his doors. At least a good 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom